Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Letting Go and Letting God

Mar 12th 2013 new

Let go and let God.

Sounds simple, right? Not so.

As someone who has issues with trust, I have struggled with this for a while. It's diffucult to hand over the reins to God when you think you know what you are doing and how you want it done. More or less, I like to be in control of things, but that cannot be so. At least I went out on a limb and tried on-line dating. (It's a bit more productive than sitting around waiting for Mr. Right to fall from the sky.) cloud

But, aside from prayer (we all know that's the #1 answer), what are some other ways that you are able to "Let Go and Let God" ?

Mar 12th 2013 new

Every time I attend Mass, I begin with the prayer of St. Ignatius. I probably repeat it three or four times during Mass.

"Take, O Lord, and receive my entire liberty, my memory, my understanding, and my whole will.
All that I am and all that I have, You have give me.
I surrender it all to You to be disposed of according to Your Will.
Give me only Your Love and Your Grace.
With these I will be rich enough, and will desire nothing more."

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Gina-934277 said: Let go and let God.Sounds simple, right? Not so. As someone who has issues with tru...
(Quote) Gina-934277 said:

Let go and let God.

As someone who has issues with trust, I have struggled with this for a while. It's diffucult to hand over the reins to God when you think you know what you are doing and how you want it done. More or less, I like to be in control of things, but that cannot be so. At least I went out on a limb and tried on-line dating. (It's a bit more productive than sitting around waiting for Mr. Right to fall from the sky.)

But, aside from prayer (we all know that's the #1 answer), what are some other ways that you are able to "Let Go and Let God" ?

--hide--

Well, Gina, that's what I was going previous to this...waiting for God's will to fall into my lap. ;-)

Aside from prayer? I'm not sure...I think I resisted God's will for so long that eventually I became restless because I felt boxed in and just let it all go. I am way more stuborn than I knew, because I must renew this desire on a daily basis...and I frequently fail. I often try to force myself to go out on a limb and do something random, like giving extra of my hard earned money into the collection (a big thing for me since I tend to be rigid about finances), or going to spend time with someone when I'm not sure they really like me well, etc.

I don't think there really are any effective ways without prayer.

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Every time I attend Mass, I begin with the prayer of St. Ignatius. I probably repeat it three or ...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Every time I attend Mass, I begin with the prayer of St. Ignatius. I probably repeat it three or four times during Mass.

"Take, O Lord, and receive my entire liberty, my memory, my understanding, and my whole will.
All that I am and all that I have, You have give me.
I surrender it all to You to be disposed of according to Your Will.
Give me only Your Love and Your Grace.
With these I will be rich enough, and will desire nothing more."

--hide--

One of my very favorite prayers!

Mar 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Gina-934277 said: Let go and let God.Sounds simple, right? Not so. As someone who has issues with tru...
(Quote) Gina-934277 said:

Let go and let God.

As someone who has issues with trust, I have struggled with this for a while. It's diffucult to hand over the reins to God when you think you know what you are doing and how you want it done. More or less, I like to be in control of things, but that cannot be so. At least I went out on a limb and tried on-line dating. (It's a bit more productive than sitting around waiting for Mr. Right to fall from the sky.)

--hide--

Gina,

Whether it is waiting on "Mr. Right," a job promotion, a friend to turn his or her life around, etc. I think some of the best solutions other than prayer are Bible studies, getting more involved with positive environments and actions (such as pro-life movements) and advancing ones-self. In other words--stay distracted! There is a saying that idle hands are the devil's works. I don't know about that, but what I do know is that if you are distracted, then you have less time to worry about what you want and don't have. Just my two cents. :)

Posts 1 - 5 of 5