Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Mar 10th 2013 new

I'm listening to a public television fund raiser featuring the music of Levon Helm, with Gregg Allman, Mavis Staples, Joe Walsh, Joan Osborne. Kinda wonderful.

Mar 10th 2013 new

I remember in the 70's Mary Hopkin singing Those Were The Days My Friend....we thought they never end...

www.youtube.com

Mar 13th 2013 new

Here's my list from the Age of Aquarius:

Clifford T.Ward - Traveller www.youtube.com

Petula Clark - Kiss Me Goodbye www.youtube.com

Joni Mitchell - Both Sides Nowwww.youtube.com

The Monkees - I'm a Believerwww.youtube.com

The Partridge Familywww.youtube.com

Lobo - I'd love you to want mewww.youtube.com

Cher - Gypsys, Tramps & Thieveswww.youtube.com

Fifth Dimension - One Less Bell To Answerwww.youtube.com

Lindisfarne - Lady Eleanor (1972)www.youtube.com

Uriah Heep - Easy Livin'www.youtube.com

Ten Year After - I'd love to change the worldwww.youtube.com

Traffic - The Low Spark of High Heeled Boyswww.youtube.com

Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild www.youtube.com

Grand Funk Railroad - Heartbreaker www.youtube.com

The Guess Who - These Eyeswww.youtube.com

Mungo Jerry - In the summertimewww.youtube.com

Mar 25th 2013 new
I'm blessed to play this music (50s -60s -70s) with four like-aged friends in a very good band. We play live at our local Moose lodge, at benefits and some family friendly restaurant / watering holes. After three years together we have a playlist of 84 songs, and one of the hardest things for us is figuring out what to learn next. So much incredible music, so little time. We thank God at every practice for bringing us together.
Mar 30th 2013 new

The monkeys

Dave Clark five

Mar 30th 2013 new

Simon and Garfunkel

Mar 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-251045 said: Simon and Garfunkel
(Quote) Mary-251045 said:

Simon and Garfunkel

--hide--
Bridge over troubled waters was my favourite

Apr 6th 2013 new

When I was in high school I loved to listen to Kansas and would put the album on my dads turn table plug in the head phones and just crank it up and sometimes sing along. I also loved anything by Pink Floyd, Rush, Chep Trick (I would go see them in a local bare before they made it big) , i also loved the blues and still do, There are a lot of other bands people mentiond here so I wont go on.

Keep the Faith
Chuck

Apr 7th 2013 new

Some of the songs I used to sing during my college glee club days…mostly Sergio Mendes, Patti Austin and the samba genre singers as well. Also used to sing the old classics my mom and dad loved.

www.youtube.com Bridges

www.youtube.com Hey look at the Sun

www.youtube.com The Trouble with Hello is Goodbye

www.youtube.com Pretty World

www.youtube.com In My Life

www.youtube.com All Behind Us Now

www.youtube.com How Do You Keep the Music Playing

Apr 7th 2013 new

How do you keep the music playing is one of the most beautiful standards of all time. Thanks for reminding me of that song.

Posts 51 - 60 of 61