Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

03/13/2013 new

(Quote) Charles-512043 said: Has it been confirmed that it's Francis Xavier and not Francis of Assisi? Being that the n...
(Quote) Charles-512043 said:

Has it been confirmed that it's Francis Xavier and not Francis of Assisi? Being that the new Holy Father is a Jesuit, I assume it's Xavier, but I haven't heard if that's been confirmed.

Viva Papa Francisco!
--hide--

03/13/2013 new
10 Facts about Pope Francis:

www.taylormarshall.com
03/13/2013 new

(Quote) Charles-512043 said: Has it been confirmed that it's Francis Xavier and not Francis of Assisi? Being that the n...
(Quote) Charles-512043 said:

Has it been confirmed that it's Francis Xavier and not Francis of Assisi? Being that the new Holy Father is a Jesuit, I assume it's Xavier, but I haven't heard if that's been confirmed.

Viva Papa Francisco!
--hide--

You are correct. As of 1:15PM PST there is no confirmation which Francis it is. It can be either or bothor possibly even another Francis.

And yes he is from the Conservative side,

One thing for sure, his election finally lays to rest that idiotic prophesy of St. Malikie. (sp)

1) A prophesy he never made and first published about 300 years after his death according to which BXVI would have been the last Pope.

2) about 200 yars after that the 112th on the list was added, Peter of Rome.

So if there was any validity to the prohesy, he should have chosen Peter II as his papal name.

03/13/2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: You are correct. As of 1:15PM PST there is no confirmation which Francis it is. It can be...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

You are correct. As of 1:15PM PST there is no confirmation which Francis it is. It can be either or bothor possibly even another Francis.

And yes he is from the Conservative side,

One thing for sure, his election finally lays to rest that idiotic prophesy of St. Malikie. (sp)

1) A prophesy he never made and first published about 300 years after his death according to which BXVI would have been the last Pope.

2) about 200 yars after that the 112th on the list was added, Peter of Rome.

So if there was any validity to the prohesy, he should have chosen Peter II as his papal name.

--hide--

My only concern is his age. At 76 it could be a signal by the Cardinals that they believe he is going to be just an interim Pope. Since he had supposedly been the4\ second largest vote getter when BXVI was elected. Sort of reminds me of when the Republicans nominated Bod Dole as their candidate for President. A choice that made no sense, but was given to him as a reward for his long and faithful service to the Party.

03/13/2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: My only concern is his age. At 76 it could be a signal by the Cardinals that they believe...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

My only concern is his age. At 76 it could be a signal by the Cardinals that they believe he is going to be just an interim Pope. Since he had supposedly been the4\ second largest vote getter when BXVI was elected. Sort of reminds me of when the Republicans nominated Bod Dole as their candidate for President. A choice that made no sense, but was given to him as a reward for his long and faithful service to the Party.

--hide--

I don't know. If you go back to St. Pius X in 1903, and then take out JPI and JPII who had the longest and shortest tenures during past 100 years, the 7 other popes averaged 11.8 years. That doesn't seem too far off given his age. It's more how well his health is holding up when he gets near that 10 year mark.

03/13/2013 new

Well that confirms it. He isn't a conservative. CNN thinks Obama is a conservative. sad Praying Praying

03/13/2013 new

(Quote) Bernie-350671 said: Well that confirms it. He isn't a conservative. CNN thinks Obama is a conservative.
(Quote) Bernie-350671 said:

Well that confirms it. He isn't a conservative. CNN thinks Obama is a conservative.

--hide--

www.cbsnews.com

03/13/2013 new

I've seen him listed as a moderate. I've only read a bit about him, but so far I like him. I am so excited they actually elected someone from South America. The Holy Spirit is amazing. . .and of course the fact that he's a Jesuit -- the Anthropologists of the Church lol I can't help but like him :-)) Just kidding.

03/13/2013 new
What a special day
03/13/2013 new

(Quote) Brian-699857 said: I don't know. If you go back to St. Pius X in 1903, and then take out JPI and JPI...
(Quote) Brian-699857 said:

I don't know. If you go back to St. Pius X in 1903, and then take out JPI and JPII who had the longest and shortest tenures during past 100 years, the 7 other popes averaged 11.8 years. That doesn't seem too far off given his age. It's more how well his health is holding up when he gets near that 10 year mark.

--hide--

Although he appears to be in good health, he has only one lung having lost the other when he was young.

Posts 11 - 20 of 193