Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Mar 13th 2013 new

www.cbsnews.com

Look at our Beautiful new Papa!!!!!!!!!

sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net

Mar 13th 2013 new

I heard it reported that the Vatican clairified that the new pope is named after Francis of Assisi... known as a reformer of the Church, as simple man and a humble man.

en.wikipedia.org

Ed

Mar 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: And Thanks be to God. This is our first non-European Pope. The first Pope from another continen...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

And Thanks be to God. This is our first non-European Pope. The first Pope from another continent - South America!!! Praise Jesus!

--hide--

The first non-European in recent memory perhaps. Just to be sure, I just checked the old Catholic Encyclopedia. The first few popes, including St. Peter of course,, were from the middle east. I think it's not until Alexander I that you get to a native born Roman. Maybe someone who knows better than me can jump in with more info. I have sort of a vague memory of a Pope born in north Africa (Carthage maybe?).

Mar 13th 2013 new

I think we are truly Blessed to have Pope Francis. Praying rosary theheart

Mar 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Strike one and two, he is from Argentina.
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Strike one and two, he is from Argentina.

--hide--

And yet, also ethnicly Italian. The son of Italian immigrants I think. He's got the bases covered!

Mar 13th 2013 new

biggrin biggrin Praying Praying biggrin

Mar 13th 2013 new

One thing that has amazed me is what I just saw on the news, from Cardinal Dolan. He had dinner with the Cardinals, and he was toasted by the Cardinals. He responded with his own toast, "May God forgive you." He seems to have a sense of humor, coupled with his demonstrated willingness to talk to the people, I'm very hopeful.

Mar 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Erin-419365 said: CHAMPAGNE ALL AROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Quote) Erin-419365 said:

CHAMPAGNE ALL AROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--hide--

I'm waiting for my champagne!!! laughing

Mar 13th 2013 new

Cheers! beer Cheers! note note note

Mar 13th 2013 new

That's awesome. Uniting the Jesuits and the Franciscans. Time to put our theoretical theological wars to rest now, I suppose.

Posts 31 - 40 of 51