Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

www.youtube.com

ChurchMilitantTV· "How will the new Pope respond to the traditionalists in the Church?" Published on Mar 4, 2013

Benedict XVI

Mar 9th 2013 new
I'm praying that he loves the Tridentine Mass, otherwise things could become very interesting very quickly. I read a story yesterday about a Bishop who wouldn't allow a TLM parish to celebrate Holy Week in the Latin (this was like 10 years ago) and locked their church thinking they would then have to join the NO parishes in their Masses. So instead they took to the sidewalks. Very unsettled times we are living in.
Mar 13th 2013 new

I too hope that the new pope loves the Latin mass as well, not saying that there is anything wrong with the new mass, it is just that I have seen over the years too many abuses happening. To me it is sad to not see the tabernacle behind the altar where it should be, to see modern looking parishes being built in replace of the old beautiful churches that were first built, to see priests saying and doing the mass in their own way, adding this, making this part go faster, and so on.

I love sacred music which is why I love the Latin mass (if only St. Agnes was not so far away from me weeping).

Mar 13th 2013 new

Just reading up on the blog "Rorate Coeli." Things could be bumpy. :-/

Mar 13th 2013 new
(Quote) Jessica-897416 said: I too hope that the new pope loves the Latin mass as well, not saying that there is anything wrong with the n...
(Quote) Jessica-897416 said:

I too hope that the new pope loves the Latin mass as well, not saying that there is anything wrong with the new mass, it is just that I have seen over the years too many abuses happening. To me it is sad to not see the tabernacle behind the altar where it should be, to see modern looking parishes being built in replace of the old beautiful churches that were first built, to see priests saying and doing the mass in their own way, adding this, making this part go faster, and so on.

I love sacred music which is why I love the Latin mass (if only St. Agnes was not so far away from me ).

--hide--

Well said Jessica! I too live too far away to go to Tridentine Masses very often but I'm trying to move for that reason alone. There is nothing as important as our faith and I'll do whatever it takes. Let's pray for our newest Holy Father
Mar 13th 2013 new

www.cnn.com

Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Edward-926612 said: Just reading up on the blog "Rorate Coeli." Things could be bumpy. :-/
(Quote) Edward-926612 said:

--hide--
Yes!

Mar 14th 2013 new

HABEMUS PAPAM. Pope Francis. He is a Jesuit. This is one reason I got excited also about the new Pope. I am not an expert in who, how and what a Jesuit is all about. I can only relate my experiences with them.

I met my first Jesuit mentors in 1974 when I entered college at the Ateneo. From then on, I have admired them. This is my personal and random view of the Jesuits: They are very spiritual. Their type of spirituality and philosophy are the witnessing type. Its not just praying inside your room but "engaging the world". Its "man and woman for others" for them. There is no homogenous political beliefs or ideology among them. They are intellectuals. When they mentor, they really mean it. They call it "cura personalis". Most of all that "Ignatian Spirituality" which they impart to us sticks with us. Recollections and retreats are very meaningful. Value of confession, communion, and sacraments are given a more social and dynamic meaning. They ground me as a Catholic. My daughter, now working, was also Jesuit-educated. I made sure of that.

Fr. Galdon S.J. was a great spiritual adviser to me up to the time he died. Father Horacio de la Costa S.J. was the greatest history teacher I've ever had, and I can go on and on. I have never known so many priests belonging to one order in my life. Some say Jesuits don’t believe in the Traditional Mass, but we did have the Ateneo Latin Mass Society which still exists.

I pray that Pope Francis will be a Pope not only for all Catholics, but for the world….”man for others”. Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam (Jesuit motto)……..For the greater Glory of God!

Dove theheart

Mar 14th 2013 new

Hi, Bernie! wave

holysoulshermitage.com

Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Edward-926612 said: Just reading up on the blog "Rorate Coeli." Things could be bumpy. :-/
(Quote) Edward-926612 said:

--hide--

Such nastiness they posted about our new Holy Father. For your own sake, stay away from their splenetic and selfish rants.

Posts 1 - 10 of 200