Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

What's cooking #46

Mar 10th 2013 new

Well -- what'cha cooking today to celebrate?

My breads went over very well at Franciscan formation, especially the orange-cran-pecan one!! and the banana cake too! I'm being asked to make it all again for next month!! I have to make more for my kids because the leftovers I promised them were taken home by the other Franciscans!!

Mar 10th 2013 new

thank you for starting a new What's Cooking thread, Rachel Chef

Today I made myself a meal my dad would have enjoyed: a big piece of cod fish, baked potato, and French-cut green beans. Those were all his favorites.

Mar 13th 2013 new
What's cooking? That is the question of the day!!
Mar 13th 2013 new
Last night I attempted to make pancakes with a heart shaped mold my sister gave me at Christmas -disaster ----ended up with a broken heart in my skillet....made another 'regular' pancake to have with my sausage and threw away the heart shaped one....perhaps the molds will make good decorations instead....lol
Mar 13th 2013 new
Would they make a good cookie cutter?

I am eating leftovers from meatless Friday: homemade macaroni and cheese. Simple ingredients: Elbow macaroni, Longhorn cheddar, half can of evaporated milk, black pepper.

Stewed tomatoes on top.
Mar 13th 2013 new
(Quote) Helen-450889 said: Would they make a good cookie cutter? I am eating leftovers from meatless Friday: homemade macaro...
(Quote) Helen-450889 said: Would they make a good cookie cutter?

I am eating leftovers from meatless Friday: homemade macaroni and cheese. Simple ingredients: Elbow macaroni, Longhorn cheddar, half can of evaporated milk, black pepper.

Stewed tomatoes on top.
--hide--

Perhaps..
Mar 13th 2013 new

Tomorrow is Pie Day!
You know -- March 14 = 3/14/2013 = 3/14 = 3.14 = pi = pie day!!
I went to my Godmother's funeral thismorning and now am making a super big batch of pie dough so I can make lots of pies tomorrow.
I make them for my family, give some to friends, and sell some to neighbors and acquaintences.
I think I'll be making some double-crust apple, a few many berry, a couple strawberry rhubarb, a couple banana cream, and a couple pumpkin.
What pie will you be celebrating with?
And if you weren't planning on it, why not join in!
Enjoy!!

Mar 13th 2013 new

Great idea to celebrate.

Having a strange combination of cereal and barbecue chicken.

Mar 14th 2013 new

Just took 3 dozen cinnamon rolls out of the oven -- they are for my 2nd grader Theresa to take to school to share to celebrate her birthday which is actually Sunday, St Patrick's Day! In the morning I will ice them with green drizzle and add sprinkles -- she loves sprinkles!

Mar 14th 2013 new
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: Just took 3 dozen cinnamon rolls out of the oven -- they are for my 2nd grader Theresa to take to school to sh...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

Just took 3 dozen cinnamon rolls out of the oven -- they are for my 2nd grader Theresa to take to school to share to celebrate her birthday which is actually Sunday, St Patrick's Day! In the morning I will ice them with green drizzle and add sprinkles -- she loves sprinkles!

--hide--

yummmmm
Posts 1 - 10 of 200