Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

From another post, it gave me the idea that CM needs a Chastity "support" forum.

This is a serious issue for single Catholics, for those who are trying to live purely, and feel no support from the secular world.

It could be a tool for education, for those who have not yet been a victor in the struggle, and where people could ask for help and answers and prayers.

While I could see it possibly needing some rules about how to word posts, and parameters for the tone of such conversations, I think some people would find it very helpful and edifying.

Maybe if there could be a way to post anonymously in such a room as well.

Just something to think about.

03/14/2013 new

Reminds me of an ex-CM woman I liked from June 2004 - Oct 2005.

She said there was only ONE man she would have married (she never married) before she met me.

She said that ONE man, on his first date w/ her, said simply "I don't fool around".

A person need not say that on the 1st date, but if they're committed to that, it usually is evident by the 5th date.

Food for thought ....

03/14/2013 new

www.audiosancto.org

03/14/2013 new

I would think this is a topic of general interest and is effectively discussed in the "single life" forum. Not sure why it might merit a special room, since it applies to all of us....

03/14/2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I would think this is a topic of general interest and is effectively discussed in the "singl...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

I would think this is a topic of general interest and is effectively discussed in the "single life" forum. Not sure why it might merit a special room, since it applies to all of us....

--hide--

Ditto..

03/14/2013 new

Thanks Marge and Donna, but I don't agree.

When these sort of posts are in the general discussion rooms, you get all kinds of dissent, people calling you judgmental for being chaste/wanting someone who is chaste, and just like the Widowed room does not want people who don't know their experience commenting on/telling them what to do/expounding on what they don't have first hand experience with, this would be a place where those who wish to be chaste can speak freely and get support.

So that is why I stated this suggestion here.

03/14/2013 new

I would assume we all want to be chaste... boggled

03/14/2013 new
It's not a bad idea, but I agree with the others, that since all of us here are subject to it, why single out the issue.

This type of concern, I think, would be best in pink/blue rooms, where there would be more freedom of words.

I have never noted any problems in the forums, or elsewhere, where others were degraded for living a chaste lifestyle.
03/14/2013 new

If we all wanted to be chaste, everyone would answer yes to that question in the _/7 questions, and as we sadly know to be true, many people don't answer that affirmatively.

I have noticed people not being supportive on this issue, and the conversation devolving down into others calling posters "judgmental" for wanting to live a holy and pure life, etc.

Who needs that?

03/14/2013 new
(Quote) Pat-5351 said: If we all wanted to be chaste, everyone would answer yes to that question in the _/7 questions, and as we sadly kno...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

If we all wanted to be chaste, everyone would answer yes to that question in the _/7 questions, and as we sadly know to be true, many people don't answer that affirmatively.

I have noticed people not being supportive on this issue, and the conversation devolving down into others calling posters "judgmental" for wanting to live a holy and pure life, etc.

Who needs that?

--hide--

This is true: one may not be a 7/7, or lie about it, or change their mind given particular situations. I think it best to assume one is truthful though. One thing about chastity... it is a private issue.
Posts 1 - 10 of 48