Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Mar 14th 2013 new

rosary Praying

Mar 14th 2013 new

I am hearing way too many negative comments about our new Pope both from people I know (not devout Catholics, though) in Chicago and even in some threads on CM (yikes!).

So, please keep praying for Pope Francis, I implore you!

I went to Mass tonight and the priest at Holy Name Cathedral told us to keep praying for Pope Francis! Praying

Please Jesus, silence these negative comments about Pope Francis, and give him all the graces and wisdom he needs to deal with his enemies and naysayers! Praying pope theheart

Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: I am hearing way too many negative comments about our new Pope both from people I know (not dev...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

I am hearing way too many negative comments about our new Pope both from people I know (not devout Catholics, though) in Chicago and even in some threads on CM (yikes!).

I went to Mass tonight and the priest at Holy Name Cathedral told us to keep praying for Pope Francis!

Please Jesus, silence these negative comments about Pope Francis, and give him all the graces and wisdom he needs to deal with his enemies and naysayers!

--hide--

I will add to this that we should pray for all those who are attacking or attempting to discredit him, especially the Catholics.

Mar 14th 2013 new

Praying

Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Our new Pope Francis from Argentina has asked us to pray for him in his first address. Let us t...

Our new Pope Francis from Argentina has asked us to pray for him in his first address. Let us thank God for this wonderful new Pope!

And, let us ask God to send him all the graces and guidance, courage and patience, love and wisdom that he will need to steer our Holy Roman Catholic Church.

--hide--

Amen... God Bless him as the Holy Spirit guides him in shepherding the church.. Lord watch over him and keep him holy and help him do the right thing for our church and world. Thank you for his humbleness and identifying with the poor and outcasts.
pope
Kathleen Praying rosary theheart

Mar 14th 2013 new

Praying

Mar 14th 2013 new
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: I am hearing way too many negative comments about our new Pope both from people I know (not devout Catholics,...

I went to Mass tonight and the priest at Holy Name Cathedral told us to keep praying for Pope Francis!

Please Jesus, silence these negative comments about Pope Francis, and give him all the graces and wisdom he needs to deal with his enemies and naysayers!

--hide--
Patricia,

We are just beginning to get to know Pope Francis, but instantly he touched my heart by his simplicity and humility. I feel incredibly fortunate to have been around a television set at the time of the announcement and his papal blessing. I was struck by his body language...so meek, humble, non-assuming. His lack of ornate vestments. His initial words..."Brothers and sisters, good evening!" His prayers for Bishop Emeritus, Benedict XVI. Bowing his head and asking everyone to pray for him prior to giving us his blessing.

From his preference to take simple public transportation...to paying for his own hotel bill...to seeing a beautiful photo of him kissing the feet of a very, very sick child...that speak volumes.

This morning's photo of Pope Francis placing flowers and praying beneath the icon of Our Lady brought tears to my eyes. This is significant...that upon rising the first morning of his Papacy, Our Lady was a first priority. www.theblaze.com
Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Patricia, We are just beginning to get to know Pope Francis, but instantly he touched my hear...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Patricia,

We are just beginning to get to know Pope Francis, but instantly he touched my heart by his simplicity and humility. I feel incredibly fortunate to have been around a television set at the time of the announcement and his papal blessing. I was struck by his body language...so meek, humble, non-assuming. His lack of ornate vestments. His initial words..."Brothers and sisters, good evening!" His prayers for Bishop Emeritus, Benedict XVI. Bowing his head and asking everyone to pray for him prior to giving us his blessing.

From his preference to take simple public transportation...to paying for his own hotel bill...to seeing a beautiful photo of him kissing the feet of a very, very sick child...that speak volumes.

This morning's photo of Pope Francis placing flowers and praying beneath the icon of Our Lady brought tears to my eyes. This is significant...that upon rising the first morning of his Papacy, Our Lady was a first priority. www.theblaze.com
--hide--

Mary, I wholeheartedly agree. And, I am so discouraged by the comments being posted in the thread about Pope Francis in Culture and Current Events. The negativity is literally making me nauseous. I don't know what to do other than to keep praying that these negative comments about Pope Francis stop! Praying

Mar 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:     Mary, I wholeheartedly...

Mary, I wholeheartedly agree. And, I am so discouraged by the comments being posted in the thread about Pope Francis in Culture and Current Events. The negativity is literally making me nauseous. I don't know what to do other than to keep praying that these negative comments about Pope Francis stop!

--hide--
Patricia,

I haven't read the (negative) comments in the Current Events thread....been too busy (and tired) the past two days. I assume the comments might have to do with him being a Jesuit??? We need to give him a chance. I already sense he has a lot to teach us.

I will say this...from the Cardinals...to the Bishops...to the priests...to the laity in Argentina, they have a very fervent devotion to Our Blessed Mother. And from the way the hierarchy dealt with/welcomed the apparitions of the Virgin Mary in San Nicolas, Argentina, www.virgen-de-san-nicolas.org I'm very optimistic that Pope Francis will continue the wonderful work Pope Benedict XVI began on Medjugorje. Praying

Mar 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Our new Pope Francis from Argentina has asked us to pray for him in his first address. Let us t...

Our new Pope Francis from Argentina has asked us to pray for him in his first address. Let us thank God for this wonderful new Pope!

And, let us ask God to send him all the graces and guidance, courage and patience, love and wisdom that he will need to steer our Holy Roman Catholic Church.

--hide--
Praying Praying Praying theheart

Posts 21 - 30 of 53