Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Your Favorite Irish Tunes!!!

Mar 15th 2013 new

"For the great Gaels of Ireland Are the men that God made mad, For all their wars are merry, And all their songs are sad."

GK.

I love traditional Irish songs and drinking songs and will often turn off the radio on my way home from work so that I can sing them at the top of my lungs. If you know any what are your favorites? If you aren't into the traditional songs, who are your favorite bands? I know I know! It is too difficult to pick!!! Clover

My favorite ballad is Tim Finnigans Wake beer (a rousing song about the frivolities that take place during a wake. boggled) and The Foggy Dew (an angry song about the Easter Rebellion), The Wind that Shakes the Barley, to name a few. All sung by the Clancy Brothers.

shamrock shamrock shamrock

Mar 15th 2013 new

Great Topic. My favorite irish song is "A Town I Loved So Well" written by Phil Coulter, and performed by many (Paddy Rellly and Luke Kelly are my favorte versions). I also very much like Mary From Dungloe (best version I have heard is a duo of Daniel O'Donnell and Christy Moore). My favorite Irish Band is the Saw Doctors (who I saw perform in Letterkenny, County Donegal this past September). My favorite song from the Saw Doctors is "Galway and Mayo". Happy Saint Patrick's Day to all on Catholic Match.

Mar 15th 2013 new
Happy St. Patrick's day to all. I have several, but Oh Danny Boy is high on my list and for something a bit more rousing, No, Nay, Never. Slainte!
Mar 15th 2013 new
(Quote) Naomi-825244 said: "For the great Gaels of Ireland Are the men that God made mad, For all their wars are merry, And all their...
(Quote) Naomi-825244 said:

"For the great Gaels of Ireland Are the men that God made mad, For all their wars are merry, And all their songs are sad."

GK.

I love traditional Irish songs and drinking songs and will often turn off the radio on my way home from work so that I can sing them at the top of my lungs. If you know any what are your favorites? If you aren't into the traditional songs, who are your favorite bands? I know I know! It is too difficult to pick!!!

My favorite ballad is Tim Finnigans Wake (a rousing song about the frivolities that take place during a wake. ) and The Foggy Dew (an angry song about the Easter Rebellion), The Wind that Shakes the Barley, to name a few. All sung by the Clancy Brothers.

--hide--
Happy St. Paddy's Day! My favorite song is The Black Velvet Band and I sing it often. When my Mom passed, we had the bagpipes play Oh Danny Boy. It was beautiful. Eileen.
Mar 15th 2013 new
The most fun I've had at a bar on St Patty's day is singing along with The Unicorn, most famously performed by the Irish Rovers but also very well done at the pub near my childhood town by the Willie Lynch Trio. It's one of the few songs with hand motions I'll actually do.
Mar 15th 2013 new

Actually I remember many from my childhood, they were constant, but the one I remember most is, When Irish Eyes Are Smiling. And there are those that I can't even begin to spell.

Clover Ireland Clover

Eloise

Mar 15th 2013 new

The Unicorn Song! www.youtube.com

Clover Ireland shamrock Tartan Beret Yeah. It is a goat. gardener

Mar 15th 2013 new

Wonderful songs, all! I've never heard the Unicorn song, so I've learned something new!

Another favorite, the Dubliners, always singing something old and something new, something violent and something blue. ;-) They even found themselves in the most recent Sherlock Holmes movie with Rober Downey Jr. www.youtube.com

Erin go braugh!

Mar 15th 2013 new

There are quite a few tunes that I enjoy such as "Molly Malone", "Cockles and Mussels", "the Unicorn", "What do you do with a druken Sailor", "Come Back to Erin", Black Velvet Band and a few more! One song I added to my list is "Song of Irelend" by Eddie Rabbit (his Parents came from Ireland). Saint Patrick Day Blessings to all who read this!

Mar 15th 2013 new

I saw the Clancy Brothers twice when I lived in Chicago on St. Pat's day actually. This was probably in the late 70's early 80's. The same goes for the Irish Rovers along with some local bands.

Posts 1 - 10 of 36