Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

There is a saying that everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's Day. So I'm wishing everyone out there to enjoy the day whether that special blood flows through you or not.

Happy Saint Patrick's Day to all from someone who has some of the pure Blarney blood within. Joy and happiness to all and watch out for the wee little ones!

Clover Ireland Clover

Mar 15th 2013 new

That's no blarney!

As someone who is not even a little Irish, I am honorary due to my name!

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all!

shamrock

Mar 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Eloise-899090 said: There is a saying that everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's Day. So I'm wishing everyone o...
(Quote) Eloise-899090 said:

There is a saying that everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's Day. So I'm wishing everyone out there to enjoy the day whether that special blood flows through you or not.

Happy Saint Patrick's Day to all from someone who has some of the pure Blarney blood within. Joy and happiness to all and watch out for the wee little ones!

--hide--

Hi Eloise! I'm Italian and German, but I always said that if I had to choose a culture it would be Irish!! We'll be making corned beef and cabbage and drinking a little beer that day. And, of course, I'll be wearing something green! Go gcuire Dia an t-adh ort (May God put luck on you), and Happy St Patrick's Day!! Chelle

Mar 15th 2013 new

WOW thanks Eloise for this posting! And for you other gals' comments!

Since I am of Irish decent I love this day! St. Patrick sacrificed so much for us!

It does sadden me about all the drining jokes and sarcasim over the years from people. It is sad how this Holy Day has turned into a drinking holiday. It is certainly is fine to drink and celebrate. In Ireland on this day they vow to abstain from alchohol at least they used to.
I just mean.. now the Irish look like idiots and a bunch of drunks.

In my family we go to mass and have breakfast and hang out all day and dance and eat. We go out to places and listen to bands and Irish dancers. In fact one of my neices is dancing all weekend! And tomorrow the 16th would have been my father's 101st birthday!

Bail o Dhia ort!

Prosperity from God on you!
theheart Praying hug Clover Ireland shamrock note note

Mar 15th 2013 new

Hey Jane - I want to come spend the day at your house!

Clover Clover Clover

Best to all.

Mar 15th 2013 new
I love St. Patrick's bio. And I thank people like John Riley who founded the Saint Patrick's Battalion for Mxico many years ago. Because of him many people here know who St. Patrick is and our named after him. Happy Saint Patrick's Day everyone.
Mar 15th 2013 new

Yes, all the best to everyone on the 17th. My Irish descendants have been off the boat here in North America for a few years(175) now.

Muldoon lived alone in the Irish countryside with only a pet dog for company. One day the dog died, and Muldoon went to the parish priest and asked, Father, me dog is dead. Could ya' be saying' A mass for the poor creature?'

Father Patrick replied, 'I'm afraid not; we cannot have services for an animal in the church. But there are some Baptists down the lane, and there's no tellin' what they believe. Maybe they'll do something for the creature.'

Muldoon said, 'I'll go right away Father. Do ya' think �*5,000 is enough to donate to them for the service?'

Father Patrick exclaimed, 'Sweet Mary and Joseph. Why didn't ya tell me the dog was Catholic?'

Wear aClover shamrock!

Mar 15th 2013 new
(Quote) Eloise-899090 said: There is a saying that everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's Day. So I'm wishing everyone out there to e...
(Quote) Eloise-899090 said:

--hide--
Happy St. Paddy's day to all Eloise and that's no blarney!! Eileen
Mar 15th 2013 new
(Quote) John-34848 said: Yes, all the best to everyone on the 17th. My Irish descendants have been off the boat here in North America for...
(Quote) John-34848 said:

Yes, all the best to everyone on the 17th. My Irish descendants have been off the boat here in North America for a few years(175) now.

Muldoon lived alone in the Irish countryside with only a pet dog for company. One day the dog died, and Muldoon went to the parish priest and asked, Father, me dog is dead. Could ya' be saying' A mass for the poor creature?'

Father Patrick replied, 'I'm afraid not; we cannot have services for an animal in the church. But there are some Baptists down the lane, and there's no tellin' what they believe. Maybe they'll do something for the creature.'

Muldoon said, 'I'll go right away Father. Do ya' think �*5,000 is enough to donate to them for the service?'

Father Patrick exclaimed, 'Sweet Mary and Joseph. Why didn't ya tell me the dog was Catholic?'

Wear a shamrock!

--hide--
This is a good one John. Slainte to all
Mar 15th 2013 new

Don't forget St. Patrick's Breastplate! www.allsaintsbrookline.org

Posts 1 - 10 of 33