Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Is it just because he thanked President Obama for coming to NJ after Hurricane Sandy?

Mar 15th 2013 new

Because he couldn't fit through the door?!

ashamed Sorry, Marianne. Sometimes I can't help myself. rolling eyes

Mar 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: Because he couldn't fit through the door?! Sorry, Marianne. Sometimes I can't help ...
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

Because he couldn't fit through the door?!

Sorry, Marianne. Sometimes I can't help myself.

--hide--

Tom, shame on you. wink Christie is a favorite of mine. He is a Washington outsider and he takes no
crap from anyone. When he has to get something done, he gets it done, to the benefit of the people
in his state.

Mar 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Tom, shame on you. Christie is a favorite of mine. He is a Washington outsider and he ...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Tom, shame on you. Christie is a favorite of mine. He is a Washington outsider and he takes no
crap from anyone. When he has to get something done, he gets it done, to the benefit of the people
in his state.

--hide--

Maybe Christie should go straighten out Massechessetts because it needs to get done.

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said: Maybe Christie should go straighten out Massechessetts because it needs to get done....
(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said:

Maybe Christie should go straighten out Massechessetts because it needs to get done.

--hide--

What is wrong with Massachusetts? And how will he help?

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Is it just because he thanked President Obama for coming to NJ after Hurricane Sandy?<...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Is it just because he thanked President Obama for coming to NJ after Hurricane Sandy?

--hide--

Chrisite wasn't invited because of his lambasting of Republicans and siding with Obama for not quickly approving the pork filled $61B Sandy relief effort. Neither NY or NJ outlined specifics about how ~$40B of that request was going to be spent other than "long term infrastructure rebuilding projects". He clearly tried to play his own self interests for long term aid, instead of playing the correct card and focusing on the immediate need to get the short term work done. I lost a lot of respect for him after that move.

Mar 16th 2013 new
Exactly what Brian said... So much better than I could
Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-699857 said: Chrisite wasn't invited because of his lambasting of Republicans and siding with ...
(Quote) Brian-699857 said:

Chrisite wasn't invited because of his lambasting of Republicans and siding with Obama for not quickly approving the pork filled $61B Sandy relief effort. Neither NY or NJ outlined specifics about how ~$40B of that request was going to be spent other than "long term infrastructure rebuilding projects". He clearly tried to play his own self interests for long term aid, instead of playing the correct card and focusing on the immediate need to get the short term work done. I lost a lot of respect for him after that move.

--hide--

Brian: I did not realize any of that. I understand now why he was not invited.

You should know that the areas in NJ and NY that were hit are far worse than New Orleans was from Katrina.
And none of the money got here yet for those folks who are homeless. It is a sad state of emergency for
those people. And it is ongoing. The infrastructure they are talking about is the subway stations and
the roads that were wiped out. They are closed.

It would be better to give money to Americans though to help them out than giving it to a foreign country.

Have you heard that much of the money collected for Haiti's disaster never reached its destination?

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-106 said: Exactly what Brian said... So much better than I could
(Quote) Mary-106 said: Exactly what Brian said... So much better than I could
--hide--

Mary: How did Christie "Lamblast republicans," as Brian said? What did he say about them?

Mar 16th 2013 new

I don't think those outside of the tri-state area of NY, NJ and Ct have any idea of all the people that were
displaced by the storm. These are low income people who lived in the many high rises along the Rockaway
beaches. Then there are the mostly civil servants who lived in other areas along the beach near
the Rockaways. These small single family homes have all been devastated.

The larger homes you see in the pictures are homes that have been in families for hundreds of years
and made larger by each generation who took them over. They are inhabitable.

Whole neighborhoods are inhabitable.

They really need the money. There will be a lot of reconstruction, and that will give many
people jobs, I hope. I am not sure why private insurance does not cover the losses unless it
is because it was an act of God and the insurance will not cover it.

The media does not even talk about this terrible disaster anymore.

And I hope Governor Christie and the other Governors break down the money by project for the US Government.
That way their request will be taken more seriously.

Posts 1 - 10 of 62