Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Mar 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: Reggie White, the great Green Bay Packer defensive lineman?
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

Reggie White, the great Green Bay Packer defensive lineman?

--hide--

That was the one.

Mar 15th 2013 new
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Did you know that Pope Francis was essentially "exiled" by the Jesuits to the outskirts of Buenos A...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Did you know that Pope Francis was essentially "exiled" by the Jesuits to the outskirts of Buenos Aires before he was an Archbishop after he tried to reform the Jesuits (and this was done with agreement of the "government" of Buenos Aires apparently). He ended up teaching Math to students living in poverty in the outskirts of Buenos Aires. Pope John Paul II "rescued" him and appointed him Archbishop of Buenos Aires. Thanks be to God for our Saint Pope John Paul II!

What a courageous man to live his principles to the point of effectively "trashing" his career with the Jesuits (at least for a period of time) and the humility to accept his "exile" to teaching students in a very poor area of Buenos Aires on the outskirts. He did not know that he would be "rescued" by Pope John Paul II. He truly lived out his Faith in God here! Thanks be to God for our new Pope Francis!

--hide--
Fr. Peter West posted the following:

"George Weigel explains what happened at the last Papal Conclave in 2005 when the liberals failed to elect Cardinal Martini of Milan. "The progressives then tried to advance Cardinal Bergoglio who was very much part of the pro-Ratzinger coalition; who embodied dynamic orthodoxy, just like John Paul II and Joseph Ratzinger; who had been persecuted by his more theologically and politically left-leaning Jesuit brethren after his term as Jesuit provincial in Argentina (they exiled him to northern Argentina, where he taught high-school chemistry until rescued by John Paul II and eventually made archbishop of Buenos Aires); and who was doubtless appalled by the whole exercise on his putative behalf." I find it interesting that Pope Francis was persecuted by the leftists in his order. I hope he cleans house among the Jesuits! They'll probably be his greatest enemies!"

www.nationalreview.com
Mar 15th 2013 new
(Quote) Debbie-168656 said: yes, I know that everyone probably knows this but I don't care! Pope Francis is a Jesuit!! <...
(Quote) Debbie-168656 said:

yes, I know that everyone probably knows this but I don't care!

Pope Francis is a Jesuit!!
I'm pretty happy about that!

--hide--
I'm hoping his example will overpower the all rubbish they're teaching the kids at so many of the Jesuit-run Universities.
Mar 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: He washed and kissed the feet of 10 AIDS patients.
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

He washed and kissed the feet of 10 AIDS patients.

--hide--

OH PAT!!! Paise God!

Mar 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: He washed and kissed the feet of 10 AIDS patients.
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

He washed and kissed the feet of 10 AIDS patients.

--hide--

Praise God.

Mar 16th 2013 new

Does anyone have any photos of Pope Francis that they can post here (or post a link to?)! pope

Also, would love to see some photos of him when he was cardinal and archbishop.

(I'm not that technically savvy, so please help me out here, by posting some great photos of our new Pope!) hug

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Does anyone have any photos of Pope Francis that they can post here (or post a link to?)! <...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Does anyone have any photos of Pope Francis that they can post here (or post a link to?)!

Also, would love to see some photos of him when he was cardinal and archbishop.

(I'm not that technically savvy, so please help me out here, by posting some great photos of our new Pope!)

--hide--

Virtual prizes will be offered for best 3 photos (1st, 2nd, 3rd place)! clap

Looking for volunteer photography judges! referee that can't be bribed! beer

Mar 16th 2013 new

small, but I think you can see enough...Cathy

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Cathy-535618 said: small, but I think you can see enough...Cathy
(Quote) Cathy-535618 said:

small, but I think you can see enough...Cathy

--hide--

That's good, Cathy, thanks. wave I wish we could make it bigger (or perhaps you have a link you could post for a bigger version).

Did you see that we will be awarding virtual prizes for best photos?

You are the first person to enter (so as of now, I guess you are in top running for 1st place! biggrin )

Mar 16th 2013 new

I really like this one. Three Popes. Cathy

Posts 11 - 20 of 100