Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Mar 16th 2013 new

Leslie I give you a lot of credit for climbing Croagh Patrick barefoot. I climbed it in 2009, but I could never do it barefoot. Climbing Croagh Patrick barefoot or with shoes is a great task. Happy Saint Patrick's Day to all.

Mar 16th 2013 new

www.youtube.com

Mar 16th 2013 new

www.youtube.com

Mar 16th 2013 new

"No one is a stranger. We got so lost once on the Acklin islands that we couldn't find an English speaker. But still the people were as helpful as they could be considering the language barrier." Leslie

Leslie, perhaps it was the Irish brogue that confused your sensibilities. wink I was blessed to have spent a month pedaling around that country in my mid twenties. I fondly recall one incident more than others. My companions and I left our bikes alongside the road and made our way though a peat field to talk to an older gentleman we noticed working by hiself (sic), cutting fuel for the coming winter.

There were three of us. We conversed with him for what must have been 45 minutes. Walking back to the bikes by the road, picking our way, jumping depressions where peat had been and mounting our bikes the three of us looked at one another and said "did you understand what that fellow was saying?" "Not I!.... Not I!.... Not I".

There is no known Irish blood within these veins, yet once one visits that remarkably lovely and friendly land one can say "I am Irish"

Mar 16th 2013 new

Happy St Patrick's Day to all! I am 1/2 Irish with Scottish, Austrian , English and a little be of horse thief thrown in for good measure. That is probably pure Blarney because that was told to me by my Irish Grandfather! Clover

Mar 16th 2013 new

Happy St Patrick's Day to all! I am 1/2 Irish with Scottish, Austrian , English and a little be of horse thief thrown in for good measure. That is probably pure Blarney because that was told to me by my Irish Grandfather! Clover

Mar 16th 2013 new

Well it wasn't completely barefoot. I had the barefoot shoes on, which is just a thin lining of rubber. It was pretty difficult but I felt God on that mountain every second. Leaving it was really difficult. I want to live at the bottom by the stream.

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Becki-568712 said: Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! I'm 50% Irish!! And my sister's birthday is today! ...
(Quote) Becki-568712 said:

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! I'm 50% Irish!! And my sister's birthday is today!

--hide--

I'm more German than Irish, (there's a sprinkling of a few nationalities in there too) but I LOVE St Patrick's Day! :)

It's my brother's golden birthday today!! :)

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Eloise-899090 said: There is a saying that everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's Day. So I'm wishing everyone o...
(Quote) Eloise-899090 said:

There is a saying that everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's Day. So I'm wishing everyone out there to enjoy the day whether that special blood flows through you or not.

Happy Saint Patrick's Day to all from someone who has some of the pure Blarney blood within. Joy and happiness to all and watch out for the wee little ones!

--hide--

Not me!

The more important Saint is honored two days later.

Mar 17th 2013 new

HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY to everyone here. Clover Ireland Clover

Posts 21 - 30 of 33