Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

03/16/2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: I forget which Saint it was, but when asked what he would do if he knew the end was about...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

I forget which Saint it was, but when asked what he would do if he knew the end was about to happen, he replied words to the effect, "I would continue doing whatever I was about because that is God's will for me."

If one sincerely tries to live life as God wants us to, we don't have to rush off to confession or drop on our knees. Of course, if you have been busy sinning you probably should rush off to confession and fall on your knees praying.

--hide--
I agree with you, and I'm certainly not too proud to admit that I am a sinner and in constant need of our Lord's saving grace whether through the sacrament of Penance or receiving the Holy Eucharist. We all still have time to dig up our silver talent from the garden and invest it to our Lord's delight, and I hope to validate the love and trust our Lord has invested in me. God's many blessings to you, Paul.

03/16/2013 new

(Quote) Rosanna-921185 said: I did notice something interesting about the website. One message was originally d...
(Quote) Rosanna-921185 said:

I did notice something interesting about the website. One message was originally dated on March 14 and concerned the election of the new pope. I later checked the website again and now that same message is dated March 12. The papal election occurred on March 13. 2 new messages have been given since that time that speak against the new pope.

While I am skeptical, I do want to argue particular facts about her prophecies and not just simply dismiss her as crazy. People do believe her and we need solid facts to convince them otherwise that what she is saying is not grounded in truth. Blanket statements that she is "a loonie", "full of BS", etc., are not convincing enough and do not use facts about what she said. We need to take what she said and use that to break her arguments.

--hide--

Like I said, they are constantly changing the messages or removing them if they do not fit. The site reeks of false prophet, so do not listen to them

03/16/2013 new

(Quote) Sam-948516 said: Like I said, they are constantly changing the messages or removing them if they do not...
(Quote) Sam-948516 said:

Like I said, they are constantly changing the messages or removing them if they do not fit. The site reeks of false prophet, so do not listen to them

--hide--
Father Corapi once said, your end of times will most likely be up before a hundred years. So don't worry about the end of times, worry about your own end of times. Because baring a miracle, your end of time will come here on earth. God bless that man, I wonder what ever happen to him???

03/16/2013 new

(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: Father Corapi once said, your end of times will most likely be up before a hundred years. So don...
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said:

Father Corapi once said, your end of times will most likely be up before a hundred years. So don't worry about the end of times, worry about your own end of times. Because baring a miracle, your end of time will come here on earth. God bless that man, I wonder what ever happen to him???

--hide--
Wasn't he the chap who ended up publically damaged by some kind of sexual scandal? I don't put too much stock in media reporting on Catholic issues, but there seemed to be some truth that he had at least some kind of relationship with a woman parishoner?

I really liked Fr. Corapi too, I'm hoping I've got the names mixed up.

03/16/2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: Wasn't he the chap who ended up publically damaged by some kind of sexual scandal? I don'...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

Wasn't he the chap who ended up publically damaged by some kind of sexual scandal? I don't put too much stock in media reporting on Catholic issues, but there seemed to be some truth that he had at least some kind of relationship with a woman parishoner?

--hide--

This is the story of Fr. Corapi - there was to be an investigation about the woman parishioner, but he decided to leave the priesthood before the investigation happened. EWTN has dropped all his programs as a result. He does have a website but I don't have the link anymore, something like lone wolf or something like that. If I find it I will post it. He apparently wants to be a spiritual guide as a lay person now. I did like Fr. Corapi and have prayed for him, but I am disappointed with his decision. I hope the Lord still guides him, even if not a priest. Though I do believe, once a priest, always a priest, unless defrocked. He seems to have defrocked himself, if that can be done.

03/16/2013 new

(Quote) Rosanna-921185 said: This is the story of Fr. Corapi - there was to be an investigation about the woman parishioner...

This is the story of Fr. Corapi - there was to be an investigation about the woman parishioner, but he decided to leave the priesthood before the investigation happened. EWTN has dropped all his programs as a result. He does have a website but I don't have the link anymore, something like lone wolf or something like that. If I find it I will post it. He apparently wants to be a spiritual guide as a lay person now. I did like Fr. Corapi and have prayed for him, but I am disappointed with his decision. I hope the Lord still guides him, even if not a priest. Though I do believe, once a priest, always a priest, unless defrocked. He seems to have defrocked himself, if that can be done.

--hide--

Fr. Corapi was not a parish priest, so whatever might have happened could not possibly have involved a parishioner. The person making the accusation was an (ex-)employee.

The BlackSheepDog web site was shut down and Corapi disappeared from public view over a year ago.

Most of the information available about Fr. Corapi's personal situation is unverified rumor, and thus is not appropriate for discussion. Discussion of he catechetical material is appropriate.

03/17/2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: Wasn't he the chap who ended up publically damaged by some kind of sexual scandal? I don'...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

--hide--

No you have the outline of the tale correct.

It is sad, I used to watch him and kept saying more priests should learn to preach like him. He was effective. His message was good and clear without all the nuances the Bishops and priests seem to throw in today that in the end provide no clarification but confuse the average church goer.

They are confused, not so much that they are stupid (although there is a lot of that) but because their lives require them to operate in the world's daily grind without all the metaphysical and theological nuances. Hence, here in the US during the last election, if one took the time to analyse what the Bishops were saying, no Catholic worthy of the name would ever have voted for Obama. Yet 58% did. And 58% of Catholics are not stupid

03/17/2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Fr. Corapi was not a parish priest, so whatever might have happened could not possibly ha...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Fr. Corapi was not a parish priest, so whatever might have happened could not possibly have involved a parishioner. The person making the accusation was an (ex-)employee.

The BlackSheepDog web site was shut down and Corapi disappeared from public view over a year ago.

Most of the information available about Fr. Corapi's personal situation is unverified rumor, and thus is not appropriate for discussion. Discussion of he catechetical material is appropriate.

--hide--

What you say is true. He was a member of a religious order (some kind of Franciscan if I remember correctly) but he was not living in community with the approval of his Provincial. He lived on private property in Montana on his own. The property probably belonged to whatever company he formed through which he exercised his ministry.

Without going into all the verified facts and unverified rumors you refer to, when the accusation was made his Superior in the Order ordered him back to the monastery. He refused and the rest, whatever that may be, ensued.

03/17/2013 new

(Quote) Rosanna-921185 said: Thanks Sam, and others. What else could I say to those who do follow her messages? The thing i...

Thanks Sam, and others. What else could I say to those who do follow her messages? The thing is that they are not necessarily dum people but they are convinced we need to heed her messages. Any particular examples of what Maria Divine Mercy says that is scripturally innaccurate or tht has been proven wrong already. I don't want to spend a lot of time studying her website (as I have other pressing things to do) but I do want to form a solid argument when presented with the people who do believe in her.

Does anybody know where she comes from or anything about her background?

--hide--

I actually went to a talk from a guy from Ireland associated with "Maria Divine Mercy" yesterday (today denounced by the Archbishop). I did not provide my name, contribute money (there was a collection but it was stressed that there was no obligation to participate) or buy any literature. I walked away no wiser in terms of being a believer or non believer. However, I must confess that the message promoted was orthodox and real in my opinion. Having been an on-off viewer of the website there seems to be an inference that the Warning is very soon. That is going to make or break the credibility of the "apparitions".

We all make calls on "false prophets" and make decisions on how we practice our faith based on those personal judgments. Next Sunday (Palm Sunday) many priests will encourage their sheep to remain seated during the reading of the Passion of Christ because it is "too long". When we are encouraged to make ourselves more comfortable during the grievous suffering of Christ Our Saviour one can ask whether those priests are "false prophets" in encouraging that. The local Press highlighted that the Pope's chief objective was to "reduce world poverty". I am looking forward to hearing statements about leading people to God and sanctifying souls

03/17/2013 new

Some private revelation is real; some is not. Just because some are not real (and the product of mental illness, fraud, or worse) does not mean all private revelation is not real.

No one is required to believe private revelation, not even that approved by the Church (Lourdes, Fatima, etc.) If that is not part of your spirituality, then don't concern yourself with it.

I think the end time prophecies that I myself do consider are those that have been revealed by saints and blesseds of the church. Their visions and messages have an imprimatur of sorts in my view.

I am able to take in the information and process it, and always say if the Church says it is not authentic, I will accept that.

The Lord Himself taught us: "when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door." Matthew 24:33. That much we can depend upon.

Posts 21 - 30 of 55