Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

I love the new pope!

03/16/2013 new

That is all.

03/16/2013 new

(Quote) Karen-696833 said: That is all.
(Quote) Karen-696833 said:

That is all.

--hide--

Any specific reason(s)?

03/16/2013 new

For one: I believe he is an incredible model of humility.

03/16/2013 new
I agree!

I heard him explain why he chose the name Francis today. In 1985 I cross stitched a 8X11 picture for my Mom. It had the Saint Francis of Assisi prayer with a basket of eggs/flowers in on corner and a tree branch with a bird in the other. That picture still hangs at My Mothers house, I can remember it was during that time that we lost a parishioner who was about my age in the oil field. At one point in his service they played the song you don't bring me flowers anymore. The words from the prayer were something that helped me at the time. To seek not to be consoled, but to console others. My son chose St Francis of Assisi as his patron saint when he was confirmed because he remembered the cross stitch picture at his Grandma's house. I find great comfort in the Saint Francis prayer today....
Posts 1 - 4 of 4