Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

I am asking you to please share what home page you use and why. Currently the way my yahoo page is reporting the news or placing headlines in my face daily causes me to feel an assault in so many ways on my mind.

Obviously we know that they choose what to report- and this affects everyone who goes to that page.

I hope this is the right room to ask this question since it is about Current Events and feeling an onslaught and even an avalanche of very negatively reported news and news I don't even need.

How do CM members deal with this? What home page do you use and how do I change mine?

Mar 16th 2013 new

about:blank - no mess, no fuss, no wait for downloads

Mar 16th 2013 new

MSN.....because I have a Hotmail email address.

Mar 16th 2013 new

Hi Marian,

I use the browser Google Chrome because it is very fast. For a homepage, I use something called "Speeddial." I can pick several of my most-used websites and create thumbnails of them on the screen. This way, I don't see any news that I don't want to and my favorite sites are at my fingertips for fast and easy internet use!

God Bless and Hope this Helps!

Katie

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Kathryn-872445 said: Hi Marian, I use the browser Google Chrome because it is very fast. For a homepage, I ...
(Quote) Kathryn-872445 said:

Hi Marian,

I use the browser Google Chrome because it is very fast. For a homepage, I use something called "Speeddial." I can pick several of my most-used websites and create thumbnails of them on the screen. This way, I don't see any news that I don't want to and my favorite sites are at my fingertips for fast and easy internet use!

God Bless and Hope this Helps!

Katie

--hide--

YES THANK YOU everyone so far!!!!!!

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: about:blank - no mess, no fuss, no wait for downloads
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

--hide--

Thank you. I think the news is not helping me- because someone else chooses it -and I need peace.

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Debbie-443016 said: MSN.....because I have a Hotmail email address.
(Quote) Debbie-443016 said:

MSN.....because I have a Hotmail email address.

--hide--

So what does your homepage have on it?

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: about:blank - no mess, no fuss, no wait for downloads
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

--hide--

Another reason why I want to change something. Look at this nonsense that just showed up!

www.newsmax.com

Mar 16th 2013 new

Plain old Google.

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Plain old Google.
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Plain old Google.

--hide--

So you are not greeted with all sorts of news and junk every time you log on? Just nothing?

Posts 1 - 10 of 36