Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Hello all!

As a new Catholic (Easter of '12) and someone who is new to this site. Am I alone in thinking this is all just a little overwhelming?
Mar 16th 2013 new
What is overwhelming?
Mar 16th 2013 new

Joe, welcome to CM and as new Catholic. Just jump in and get your feet wet. Good luck and God bless.

Mar 16th 2013 new

First, welcome.
Second, it's overwhelming if you come here expecting to "date" and you have not yet overcome the grief of your loss. Once you have discovered who you are as a single person (not as part of a couple), then it's all pie.

Mar 16th 2013 new

waveWelcome to the forums and to Cm .

What do you find overwhelming Joe?

Mar 16th 2013 new

Welcome Joe! I think it takes a while to adjust...this online stuff is a whole new world, that's for sure! biggrin

Mar 16th 2013 new
Welcome, If this is your first venture on a dating site perhaps getting your feet wet seems overwhelming, but like anything new sometimes diving in rather than walking slowly is easier. If because you are a new Catholic, don't be overwhelmed. Some of us have been Catholic all outlives, some have spent a lot of time learning about our faith. You will have things to offer and things to learn. ENJOY,
Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Joe-865999 said: Hello all! As a new Catholic (Easter of '12) and someone who is new to this site. Am I alone i...
(Quote) Joe-865999 said: Hello all!

As a new Catholic (Easter of '12) and someone who is new to this site. Am I alone in thinking this is all just a little overwhelming?
--hide--
Greetings, Joe and welcome to CM.

As you can guess by now, we're not quite sure what you find overwhelming. Is it the matter of being widowed fairly recently? Joining the Catholic Church? Adjusting? Something else added to this mix?

Not trying to pry, but it's easier to answer if we know more precisely what the question is. If you could be more specific we could target our replies to address your concerns rather than guess what they might be.

Most of us (if not all) are overwhelmed at times. We might take some of our burdens too seriously, or we don't ask for help when help is available. In any event, we can't do everything on our own. First and foremost, we rely on our Creator for help. Ask Him what He expects of you. If you are anxious and overwhelmed, some quiet time to reflect should be helpful.

Let us hear from you so that our responses might be more meaningful and helpful to you.

There are many here who are ready and willing to lend their support.

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Joe-865999 said: Hello all! As a new Catholic (Easter of '12) and someone who is new to this site. Am I alone i...
(Quote) Joe-865999 said: Hello all!

--hide--

Actually, I'm continually underwhelmed.

Being single--now, that overwhelms me. So does being led on, made to believe that a man is something he is not. That has been my most recent experience.

Kate boggled

Mar 17th 2013 new
I'm sorry. I should have clarified my question a bit more. As a new Catholic I'm a little stunned by the large range of different beliefs that go into how people view themselves as Catholic. Taking that into thought and trying to apply it to dating and meeting new people is rather overwhelming to me. Thank you to all who have responded to my question. I appreciate your thoughts.
Posts 1 - 10 of 15