Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Did you know that Pope Francis was essentially "exiled" by the Jesuits to the outskir...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Did you know that Pope Francis was essentially "exiled" by the Jesuits to the outskirts of Buenos Aires before he was an Archbishop after he tried to reform the Jesuits (and this was done with agreement of the "government" of Buenos Aires apparently). He ended up teaching Math to students living in poverty in the outskirts of Buenos Aires. Pope John Paul II "rescued" him and appointed him Archbishop of Buenos Aires. Thanks be to God for our Saint Pope John Paul II!

What a courageous man to live his principles to the point of effectively "trashing" his career with the Jesuits (at least for a period of time) and the humility to accept his "exile" to teaching students in a very poor area of Buenos Aires on the outskirts. He did not know that he would be "rescued" by Pope John Paul II. He truly lived out his Faith in God here! Thanks be to God for our new Pope Francis!

--hide--
I hope he has a long reign (is that the right word?) as our Holy Father. From what we've seen so far, he will garner broad respect and admiration well outside of the Catholic Church alone. theheart

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: This isn't something we know about the pope, but something positive we can do FOR him: ...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

This isn't something we know about the pope, but something positive we can do FOR him:

youtu.be

--hide--
The more I get to know the more I like and am impressed by your commitment to God, Church, Pope and people. To keep you humble I know you have faults. But your doing a good job punching above your weight as they say in boxing. Michael is a very good presenter of truth. od bless and protect Pope Francis, and as I say to my friends, "If your going to be Negative at least be Positive about it!" Now that's Con-Fusion! thumbsup

Mar 16th 2013 new

Hi Elizabeth!
Thank you for that. I criedwatching him kiss & wash the feet of AIDS patients. I LOVE our new Pope! Viva El Papa!

Mar 16th 2013 new

Rosemarie,
Thank you for that! And I love your pictures! Especially the one about the single cell of life! Amen!

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Cathy-535618 said: a better color photo of the foot washing from 2008, Cathy
(Quote) Cathy-535618 said:

a better color photo of the foot washing from 2008, Cathy

--hide--
Cathy,
I love your pic of our New Pope Francis kissing the foot of the AIDS victim. I would love to have this framed and put in my office.
God bless! Habemus Papem!!!!!

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: I would really like to hear all of the good things we know now and are finding out about Pope F...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

I would really like to hear all of the good things we know now and are finding out about Pope Francis!

I will start with something small, but that I really think is positive.

And, that is that when Pope Francis was Archbishop of Buenos Aires, he got rid of the limousine and driver that was provided for him and took the bus every day to/from work so that anyone in his diocese who wanted to talk to him could just get on the bus and have a few minutes to talk to him while they were riding the bus together. So, in essence, every single person of his diocese (and even outside of his diocese) had personal access to their Archbishop!

How wonderful is this accessibility to your spiritual leader!

--hide--
Patricia,
thank you for that heartwarming story of our awesome new poope Francis. I heard that when his luggage was being shipped to The Vatican 'he' went to the airport himself with his driver (I think they are afraid to let him out of their sight :):) andwent to the luggage pick up and said to the person at the front desk "I am here to pick up my luggage, Jorge Belglglio.."" and they said your excellency there is no charge" . He was dumbfounded, but grateful, as they took his luggage for him to the car. I thought that was so cute.

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: A priest friend of mine believes the man in the middle in that photo is not Cardinal Bergoglio (Pope Fran...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said: A priest friend of mine believes the man in the middle in that photo is not Cardinal Bergoglio (Pope Francis). He says to note how young Ratzinger and JP II are in the picture, but the man in the middle looks as old as Francis is now.
--hide--

Hi there,
That is definitely not our new pope. But I am anxious to know who it is. Another cardinal, do doubt! A great pic' on its own!

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: This isn't something we know about the pope, but something positive we can do FOR him: ht...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

This isn't something we know about the pope, but something positive we can do FOR him:

youtu.be

--hide--

We can include himin our daily & nightly prayers and pray for him at every mass, after we receive Our Savior into our bodies. We can also spread the word about His Holiness to our non Catholic brothers and sisters.

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said: Reggie White said "My attitude is to hate the sin and love the sinner...
(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said:

Reggie White said "My attitude is to hate the sin and love the sinner." Here is a link that shows how loving our Pope is towards sinners which is what we all are.

www.cbsnews.com

--hide--

www.catholicculture.org

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Rosemarie-744159 said:

""All of you are women who have chosen life.I, as a..."

(Quote) Rosemarie-744159 said:

""All of you are women who have chosen life.I, as a..."

--hide--

This is so precious!!

Posts 31 - 40 of 100