Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: I am asking you to please share what home page you use and why. Currently the way my yahoo page i...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

I am asking you to please share what home page you use and why. Currently the way my yahoo page is reporting the news or placing headlines in my face daily causes me to feel an assault in so many ways on my mind.

Obviously we know that they choose what to report- and this affects everyone who goes to that page.

I hope this is the right room to ask this question since it is about Current Events and feeling an onslaught and even an avalanche of very negatively reported news and news I don't even need.

How do CM members deal with this? What home page do you use and how do I change mine?

--hide--
I've set my Mac to open in tabs, usually around 8-12. A variety of news sources, some foreign- necessary to be truly informed, the Cult News Network, Facebook, Nat Geo, CM, Catholic Pulse, etc.

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: I am asking you to please share what home page ...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

I am asking you to please share what home page you use and why. Currently the way my yahoo page is reporting the news or placing headlines in my face daily causes me to feel an assault in so many ways on my mind.

Obviously we know that they choose what to report- and this affects everyone who goes to that page.

I hope this is the right room to ask this question since it is about Current Events and feeling an onslaught and even an avalanche of very negatively reported news and news I don't even need.

How do CM members deal with this? What home page do you use and how do I change mine?

I've set my Mac to open in tabs, usually around 8-12. A variety of news sources, some foreign- necessary to be truly informed, the Cult News Network, Facebook, Nat Geo, CM, Catholic Pulse, etc.

--hide--

I need some kind of change and it sounds like you have a good list. I am not on FB so I wouldnto want that. What is the Cult News network?

Mar 16th 2013 new

It depends on what you want in a home page. Are you looking for a few news tidbits, something on your favourite hobbies, passtimes or sports? Something that is updated or something static?

I'm pretty sure there's an American weather network website of some sort. That type of thing is usually pretty neutral in terms of reporting style, yet it changes all the time and it's informative.

The Google search page (already suggested by someone) is a great home page if you do a lot of searches on the internet. Google also has a
customizable news feed page where you can get more business stories, or more hard news or more entertainment, as per your wishes.

Your "Internet Options" tab should allow you to change your home page - although the location depends on your web browser, it should be relatively easy to find this, and make the change to your home page.

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Angela-374523 said: It depends on what you want in a home page. Are you looking for a few news tidbits, something on...
(Quote) Angela-374523 said:

It depends on what you want in a home page. Are you looking for a few news tidbits, something on your favourite hobbies, passtimes or sports? Something that is updated or something static?

I'm pretty sure there's an American weather network website of some sort. That type of thing is usually pretty neutral in terms of reporting style, yet it changes all the time and it's informative.

The Google search page (already suggested by someone) is a great home page if you do a lot of searches on the internet. Google also has a
customizable news feed page where you can get more business stories, or more hard news or more entertainment, as per your wishes.

Your "Internet Options" tab should allow you to change your home page - although the location depends on your web browser, it should be relatively easy to find this, and make the change to your home page.

--hide--

THANK YOU aAngela. I feel that most news is a downer and that the media is making things worse with just about everything they say. Nothing is relaxing and much more is negative. Last week they were even talking about mean babies. THAT was over the top and ridiculous. I thought "who is running this SATAN?"

I have allowed too much stuff about movie stars on mine and now I HATE it. It has recently gotten to be more just gossip and bad news. THIS is why I need to make it different.

Mar 16th 2013 new

Nothing but the search bar.

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: I need some kind of change and it sounds like you have a good list. I am not on FB so I w...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

I need some kind of change and it sounds like you have a good list. I am not on FB so I wouldnto want that. What is the Cult News network?

--hide--
I only use Facebook to keep in touch with relatives and friends (real friends) who are scattered to the four winds. The Cult News Network keeps track of predatory cults and pseudo religions. I just find it fascinating how gullible some people are. How these cults and some 'religions' have leaders who promote a "cult of personality" around their leaders. Many money grubbing televangelists like Joel Osteen, Creflo Dollar, John Hagee etc. become high-living celebrities. Catholic priests on the other hand have you focus on the Eucharist and not themselves.

Mar 17th 2013 new

CEO Express.

I like being able to pull up any major news and business sources from one screen.

www.ceoexpress.com

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Nothing but the search bar.
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Nothing but the search bar.

--hide--

That is what I thought.. It is without all the clutter etc!

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-699857 said: CEO Express.I like being able to pull up any major news and business sources from one scr...
(Quote) Brian-699857 said:

CEO Express.

I like being able to pull up any major news and business sources from one screen.

www.ceoexpress.com

--hide--

What a great page! THANK YOU. I never would have knopwn about this!

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: I need some kind of change and it sound...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

I only use Facebook to keep in touch with relatives and friends (real friends) who are scattered to the four winds. The Cult News Network keeps track of predatory cults and pseudo religions. I just find it fascinating how gullible some people are. How these cults and some 'religions' have leaders who promote a "cult of personality" around their leaders. Many money grubbing televangelists like Joel Osteen, Creflo Dollar, John Hagee etc. become high-living celebrities. Catholic priests on the other hand have you focus on the Eucharist and not themselves.

--hide--

I think National Geographic and Cult News network would entertain me in a more real way than what I have been barraged by.I wish people did not trust the televangelists because they are getting by on hype. Thank you for sharing.

Posts 11 - 20 of 36