Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Tonite I feel a little off-kilter ... I was listening to some oldies music for awhile and just browsing online, but it sort of got to me and I am feeling just a little wound up ... So, I'm going to make myself a cup of tea (don't like coffee, at the risk of sounding un-masculine) and have a Tastykake (local cake) ....

So, what do you do when you feel a little bit on the edge of things? ...

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Tonite I feel a little off-kilter ... I was listening to some oldies music for awhile and just b...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

Tonite I feel a little off-kilter ... I was listening to some oldies music for awhile and just browsing online, but it sort of got to me and I am feeling just a little wound up ... So, I'm going to make myself a cup of tea (don't like coffee, at the risk of sounding un-masculine) and have a Tastykake (local cake) ....

--hide--

Finally! Someone who knows what a Tastykake is!! laughing

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Finally! Someone who knows what a Tastykake is!!
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Finally! Someone who knows what a Tastykake is!!

--hide--

Oh, I know Tastykakes .... Too well!!!

Mar 16th 2013 new
I usually pray, and try to find out what is at the core of my restlessness...
Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Tonite I feel a little off-kilter ... I was listening to some oldies music for awhile and just b...

--hide--

Hi Richard! I love Tastykakes!! If it's daytime, I try to get out and walk. That always helps to clear my head. If it's nighttime, I try to distract myself with a project or I listen to an inspirational message. If I'm really having a tought time, I'll say the rosary. I hope you're feeling on-kilter soon! Chelle

Mar 16th 2013 new

Due to my ex-husband being from the east coast, I know what a Tastykake is. He could not find them in Kansas City and had them sent by his family, every once in awhile. How strange that I would open this posting, and respond with my second forum post, due to a memory of my ex-husband...that is just so very...wrong. eyebrow

Music generally keeps my spirits up and allows me to be more productive. To wind down I usually read or pray. I guess it depends on the reason for feeling out of sorts. If I am feeling down, running or taking my dogs to the dog park, helps. The exercise helps me put things in perspective. The joy the dogs have for running and catching a ball, is infectious.

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Sue-501768 said: I usually pray, and try to find out what is at the core of my restlessness...
(Quote) Sue-501768 said: I usually pray, and try to find out what is at the core of my restlessness...
--hide--

Hi Sue .... Maybe a prayer is in order ...Thanks ....

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Chelle-924354 said: Hi Richard! I love Tastykakes!! If it's daytime, I try to get out and walk. That alw...
(Quote) Chelle-924354 said:

Hi Richard! I love Tastykakes!! If it's daytime, I try to get out and walk. That always helps to clear my head. If it's nighttime, I try to distract myself with a project or I listen to an inspirational message. If I'm really having a tought time, I'll say the rosary. I hope you're feeling on-kilter soon! Chelle

--hide--

Thanks Chelle (nice name!) ... Yes, a good walk is helpful in the daytime... At nite, maybe creating a thread is a decent remedy! ...

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Jeanine-943484 said: Due to my ex-husband being from the east coast, I know what a Tastykake is. He could not find t...
(Quote) Jeanine-943484 said:

Due to my ex-husband being from the east coast, I know what a Tastykake is. He could not find them in Kansas City and had them sent by his family, every once in awhile. How strange that I would open this posting, and respond with my second forum post, due to a memory of my ex-husband...that is just so very...wrong.

Music generally keeps my spirits up and allows me to be more productive. To wind down I usually read or pray. I guess it depends on the reason for feeling out of sorts. If I am feeling down, running or taking my dogs to the dog park, helps. The exercise helps me put things in perspective. The joy the dogs have for running and catching a ball, is infectious.

--hide--

Hi Jeanine ... Oops, sorry if the Tastykakes are striring up trouble! ... Music usually does help me, but for some reason tonite it just got to me ... Had to turn it off ... Yes, exercise is a calmer

Mar 16th 2013 new

--hide--
Be still.

Posts 1 - 10 of 62