Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Mar 16th 2013 new

"Rocky Road to Dublin", "Nancy Whiskey", "Hills of Connemara", "Beer Beer Beer", "Back Home in Derry", "Tell Me Ma'". The Waterboy's have a couple of tunes that sound more traditonal that I like and they are;"When will we be married", "When you go away", and "Danfords Fancy"

Mar 16th 2013 new

Too-Ra-Loo-Ra, an Irish Lullaby. I used to sing it to my baby boys cloudnine
www.youtube.com

Mar 16th 2013 new

Bridie Gallagher - A Mother's Love's A Blessing. Sad but true.

Mar 16th 2013 new
(Quote) Naomi-825244 said: "For the great Gaels of Ireland Are the men that God made mad, For all their wars are merry, And all their...
(Quote) Naomi-825244 said:

"For the great Gaels of Ireland Are the men that God made mad, For all their wars are merry, And all their songs are sad."

GK.

I love traditional Irish songs and drinking songs and will often turn off the radio on my way home from work so that I can sing them at the top of my lungs. If you know any what are your favorites? If you aren't into the traditional songs, who are your favorite bands? I know I know! It is too difficult to pick!!!

My favorite ballad is Tim Finnigans Wake (a rousing song about the frivolities that take place during a wake. ) and The Foggy Dew (an angry song about the Easter Rebellion), The Wind that Shakes the Barley, to name a few. All sung by the Clancy Brothers.

--hide--

Does the Hymm to Our Lady of Knock count?

Happy St Patrick's Day everyone.

Clover Clover Clover
Mar 16th 2013 new

Great topic Clover

My favorite ones are from the CD many of us snagged while in Ireland at CM Ireland I. (I will never think of Ireland without thinking of the wonderful friends I made on that trip. This is a bit of a plug that if you have the time and the money, consider going on CM Ireland II!) Ireland

Wild Rover, Galway Girl and Whiskey in the Jar beer

Mar 17th 2013 new
(Quote) Naomi-825244 said: "For the great Gaels of Ireland Are the men that God made mad, For all their wars are merry, And all th...
(Quote) Naomi-825244 said:

"For the great Gaels of Ireland Are the men that God made mad, For all their wars are merry, And all their songs are sad."

GK.

I love traditional Irish songs and drinking songs and will often turn off the radio on my way home from work so that I can sing them at the top of my lungs. If you know any what are your favorites? If you aren't into the traditional songs, who are your favorite bands? I know I know! It is too difficult to pick!!!

My favorite ballad is Tim Finnigans Wake (a rousing song about the frivolities that take place during a wake. ) and The Foggy Dew (an angry song about the Easter Rebellion), The Wind that Shakes the Barley, to name a few. All sung by the Clancy Brothers.

--hide--
My favorite Irish song is, indeed, sad... "The Fields of Athenry".

And without a doubt, my favorite International Irish tenor is a dear friend...Mark Forrest shamrock note...who is phenomenal!

www.markforrest.com
Mar 17th 2013 new
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: My favorite Irish song is, indeed, sad... "The Fields of Athenry". And without a doubt, ...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: My favorite Irish song is, indeed, sad... "The Fields of Athenry".

And without a doubt, my favorite International Irish tenor is a dear friend...Mark Forrest ...who is phenomenal!

www.markforrest.com
--hide--
Unfortunately, Mark keeps his work off YouTube, so I'm posting Brian Kennedy's version...

The Fields of Athenry - www.youtube.com
Mar 17th 2013 new

Nell Flaherty's Drake:

www.youtube.com

Mar 17th 2013 new

Mick Maguire:

www.youtube.com

Mar 17th 2013 new

Cruiscin Lan:

www.youtube.com

Posts 21 - 30 of 36