Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

03/15/2013 new

(Quote) Amy-952196 said: First I pray for the protection of Mary over you. May the breastplate and sword be used in the Lord...
(Quote) Amy-952196 said:

First I pray for the protection of Mary over you. May the breastplate and sword be used in the Lords name--for his will. We are his children and he will hold us close to his heart.

I have been in a similiar position as well. It is hard to be on God's path. Our prayers surround you today. With that said, I caution you not to leave the fight too quickly. Sometimes, we do not get to choose the path God leads us on. While we may want to run and hide in times of trouble, I have learned that often God may actually be calling us to stand post and be there to allow His will to be done. Be a witness.

Based on the comments I have read so far, you are being held in prayer. You have angels surrounding you and holding you up. And know that truth will always shine through--no matter how deeply buried it may seem.

I hold you up in my prayers today and wish you the grace only the Holy Spirit can provide.

--hide--

Thans so much, Amy, for your support and prayers. Today's 1st reading at Mass was about how some will always put traps around the just, to see if they fall. I felt truly blessed. If I were "on the winning team", the evil one would not be tempting me so much to go to his his side.

hug Mari

03/15/2013 new

(Quote) Lea-938919 said: Mari, may our good Lord bless you, guide you, and protect you always.
(Quote) Lea-938919 said:

Mari, may our good Lord bless you, guide you, and protect you always.

--hide--

You have said it, Lea: guidance & protection is what I need. I know God is taking special care, since he is sending so many of you to my rescue.

hug Mari

03/15/2013 new
I agree with Ray's comments... And perhaps (just perhaps) you have been placed in this position because you can do something about this injustice.
As you describe it, the employer is stealing from the employees. Below are some bible passages relating to payment of fair wages: From the source >>> www.openbible.info
Romans 4:4 - Now to the one who works, his wages are not counted as a gift but as his due.

Leviticus 19:13 - “You shall not oppress your neighbor or rob him. The wages of a hired servant shall not remain with you all night until the morning.

Jeremiah 22:13 - “Woe to him who builds his house by unrighteousness, and his upper rooms by injustice, who makes his neighbor serve him for nothing and does not give him his wages,

James 5:4 - Behold, the wages of the laborers who mowed your fields, which you kept back by fraud, are crying out against you, and the cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of hosts.

Luke 10:7 - And remain in the same house, eating and drinking what they provide, for the laborer deserves his wages. Do not go from house to house.

Colossians 4:1 - Masters, treat your slaves justly and fairly, knowing that you also have a Master in heaven.

Malachi 3:5 - “Then I will draw near to you for judgment. I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, against the adulterers, against those who swear falsely, against those who oppress the hired worker in his wages, the widow and the fatherless, against those who thrust aside the sojourner, and do not fear me, says the Lord of hosts.

1 Timothy 5:18 - For the Scripture says, “You shall not muzzle an ox when it treads out the grain,” and, “The laborer deserves his wages.”

Praying rosary
Ed
03/16/2013 new

(Quote) ED-20630 said: I agree with Ray's comments... And perhaps (just perhaps) you have been placed in this position because ...
(Quote) ED-20630 said: I agree with Ray's comments... And perhaps (just perhaps) you have been placed in this position because you can do something about this injustice.
As you describe it, the employer is stealing from the employees. Below are some bible passages relating to payment of fair wages: From the source >>> www.openbible.info
Romans 4:4 - Now to the one who works, his wages are not counted as a gift but as his due.

Leviticus 19:13 - “You shall not oppress your neighbor or rob him. The wages of a hired servant shall not remain with you all night until the morning.

Jeremiah 22:13 - “Woe to him who builds his house by unrighteousness, and his upper rooms by injustice, who makes his neighbor serve him for nothing and does not give him his wages,

James 5:4 - Behold, the wages of the laborers who mowed your fields, which you kept back by fraud, are crying out against you, and the cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of hosts.

Luke 10:7 - And remain in the same house, eating and drinking what they provide, for the laborer deserves his wages. Do not go from house to house.

Colossians 4:1 - Masters, treat your slaves justly and fairly, knowing that you also have a Master in heaven.

Malachi 3:5 - “Then I will draw near to you for judgment. I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, against the adulterers, against those who swear falsely, against those who oppress the hired worker in his wages, the widow and the fatherless, against those who thrust aside the sojourner, and do not fear me, says the Lord of hosts.

1 Timothy 5:18 - For the Scripture says, “You shall not muzzle an ox when it treads out the grain,” and, “The laborer deserves his wages.”

Ed
--hide--

Thanks, Ed. Every day I'm further away form that place, I'm more at peace. I shall not forget those lefet behind! I'm taking the weekend off. I'll call the office on Monday to see what's going on with the settlement. If I see that my resignation has helped straighten things, I'll let it pass; otherwise, I'll have to call the lawyers. Somone has to stop the madness.

hug Praying MAri

03/16/2013 new

Hello Mari,

As someone who has been in the world of consultancies, I offer you the following advice. Your situation is not unusual for employees at some companies. I say the following with the utmost respect to you and for an appreciation of what you have had to endure. Whether you decide to remain at the company or pursue other interests will have absolutely no bearing on the company. Justice is not a priority for companies and most companies view employees as just that, employees. A job classification that will be filled by another person. This is the cold reality of business. It is obvious that whatever company policies are in place are worth very little and that the company is both unprofessional and unethical. Pray that you don’t define your personal value through the company but through yourself and our Lord. If you feel that your career has run its course with this company, move on. Change can be a beautiful thing and don’t look back. Your heart, mind, and soul (not to mention your professional skills) will be better spent at a different company or organization. Look forward and not back. Buena Suerte!

Gene

biggrin wink Praying Praying Praying theheart

03/16/2013 new

Praying rosary Praying for God's will to be accomplished in this situation. Praying for your healing and peace and all the graces you need to know and do God's will. Praying for all involved. Praying

03/17/2013 new

(Quote) Mari-894290 said: Dear CM Friends: As some of you know, I'm quitting my job. By July I shoud have moved t...
(Quote) Mari-894290 said:

Dear CM Friends:

As some of you know, I'm quitting my job. By July I shoud have moved to the countryside to work in a little town inside a dormant volcano to work with the Parish priest and the few nuns who tend to the sick, the extremely poor and the elderly (sometimes all packed into one person).

I know that there is a very fine line bewteen Justice and revenge (note that I don't capitalize it). Management is trampling all over everyone in the office, and I'm the only one with the guts / freedom to say: Enough.

My "problem" is that I have so much political clout that I just have to make one phone call and they willl have so many inspectors, that the company will pay a lot of fines, and shake all the way to Spain (our main offices) and Abu Dhabi (our owners).

I feel that I'm standing over a cliff, and I'm afraid to fall into a pit. It's my soul's life that's at stake. I understand perfectly well that this temptation has come to me now that I subscribed again for a month, and I'm learning / remembering what being a Child of God is all about; I'm trying to pray the 54 day Novena & go to daily Mass (can't always, but try); I adopted a Cardinal for the Conclave and more... above all, it's Lent!

I don't want to be selfish and ask for prayers today, of ll days, when I wish we were all in a retreat praying for the Conclave, but I'm really in a life or death situation.

"And do not be afraid of those who kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul. But instead fear him who is able to destroy both soul and body in Hell." Mt 10:28

Bless you all,

Mari

--hide--

Mari - your topic of prayer rang loud and clear to me as I am trying to pray for Justice and try not to do it for revenge and at times this is not easy, because my human side of being hurt wants revenge. My job situation is much different than yours. I also have to remember that my timing in wanting the Justice to come is immediate. God's timing may be totally different, as he knows the perfect time when the greatest good and graces will come of it. Remember that in making the phone call you may think a good can come of it but also think of the negative things that will happen as a result of it. You are doing all the necessary things - If you are able to sit before the Blessed Sacrament do this as much as you can. When you are at Mass, as the Chalice is being lift up to God, place the whole work situation in it and ask the Lord to cleanse and bring justice and goodness to all. It is hard to pray and wait. You will be in my prayers

03/17/2013 new

(Quote) Mary-25961 said: Mari - your topic of prayer rang loud and clear to me as I am trying to pray for Justice an...
(Quote) Mary-25961 said:

Mari - your topic of prayer rang loud and clear to me as I am trying to pray for Justice and try not to do it for revenge and at times this is not easy, because my human side of being hurt wants revenge. My job situation is much different than yours. I also have to remember that my timing in wanting the Justice to come is immediate. God's timing may be totally different, as he knows the perfect time when the greatest good and graces will come of it. Remember that in making the phone call you may think a good can come of it but also think of the negative things that will happen as a result of it. You are doing all the necessary things - If you are able to sit before the Blessed Sacrament do this as much as you can. When you are at Mass, as the Chalice is being lift up to God, place the whole work situation in it and ask the Lord to cleanse and bring justice and goodness to all. It is hard to pray and wait. You will be in my prayers

--hide--

Thank you so much, Mary. I'm still torn. I know I'll do "the right thing" at the end. I just have to wait 'till tomorow to get my check and see if the cut is acceptable. I do not expect them to pay all my overtime and holidays, but at least an akcnowledment of those hours.

I'll pray for you, too. Apparently, there are way too many of us who have been - or are - in this situation.

hug Mari

03/17/2013 new

(Quote) Gene-529847 said: Hello Mari, As someone who has been in the world of consultancies, I offer you the follow...
(Quote) Gene-529847 said:

Hello Mari,

As someone who has been in the world of consultancies, I offer you the following advice. Your situation is not unusual for employees at some companies. I say the following with the utmost respect to you and for an appreciation of what you have had to endure. Whether you decide to remain at the company or pursue other interests will have absolutely no bearing on the company. Justice is not a priority for companies and most companies view employees as just that, employees. A job classification that will be filled by another person. This is the cold reality of business. It is obvious that whatever company policies are in place are worth very little and that the company is both unprofessional and unethical. Pray that you don’t define your personal value through the company but through yourself and our Lord. If you feel that your career has run its course with this company, move on. Change can be a beautiful thing and don’t look back. Your heart, mind, and soul (not to mention your professional skills) will be better spent at a different company or organization. Look forward and not back. Buena Suerte!

Gene

--hide--

Hi Gene:

Unfortunately, this boss is not only breaking the company's policies but the law. My contract states in black and white that I cannot work overtime or holidays unless specifically - and in writing - asked by the supervisor. They will not do Justice by me or any of the others, I know. All I want is that the injustice stops from now on.

Fortunately, I don't define myself through my work. I was thrown into this because God wanted to teach me Humility. I've had to work after my divorce. If I were to be defiened by my carrer, it would be as a teacher.

Thanks for your imput. You have brought up what large corporations - like this one - are all about. That is a sad truth.

hug Mari

03/17/2013 new

(Quote) Donna-848472 said: Praying for God's will to be accomplished in this situation. Praying for your healing and pea...
(Quote) Donna-848472 said:

Praying for God's will to be accomplished in this situation. Praying for your healing and peace and all the graces you need to know and do God's will. Praying for all involved.

--hide--

Thanks, Donna for your prayers. WE - those in management, my excoworker and me - need it. As you say, may His Will Be Done.

hug Mari

Posts 71 - 80 of 85