Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Mar 14th 2013 new

Yes Fiesta in San Anotnio or Main St Arts Festival in Fort Worth Texas

Mar 14th 2013 new

Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Jaime-556629 said: Yes Fiesta in San Anotnio or Main St Arts Festival in Fort Worth Texas
(Quote) Jaime-556629 said:

--hide--

Joann, I would be interested in attending if not already busy. Please post the details when finalized. There are many single Catholics in the DFW area. the FW Main St. Art Festival is fun, but very crowded. Might be better to use Austin area more central.

Thank you & God Bless,

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Jaime-556629 said: Yes Fiesta in San Anotnio or Main St Arts Festival in Fort Worth Texas
(Quote) Jaime-556629 said:

--hide--

Jaime, what are the dates for this event? We could also try to get a group together for it as well.

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Bob-879967 said: JoAnn, and all others interested. I checked on reserving a picnic spot in Zilker park in Austin for...
(Quote) Bob-879967 said:

JoAnn, and all others interested. I checked on reserving a picnic spot in Zilker park in Austin for the weekend of April 13 and 14. The Austin Parks and Rec dept is all booked up for that weekend for all Austin parks that have reservable areas. They take reservations 6 months in advance. I will be checking on Travis county (Austin), as well as Williamson county and Round Rock (both just north of Austin) to see what they have available. I'll also check on other weekends for Austin. I'm out of town this week (Spring Break at Disney World in Orlando. Yeah, it's tough but somebody had to do it.) I have limited computer/internet access, but I will get back on this on Monday 3/18. JoAnn, I'll let you and everyone else know what I find out as soon as possible, and we can see if we want to go with April 13/14, or another weekend. Thanks for your patience on this.

Bob

--hide--

Bob, I'm betting the reason the parks are booked is because of the festival going on that weekend. I bet if we did that weekend the festival would provide enough activity that we wouldn't need a separate "park" type event.

I say we make our "first" Texas event April 13th/14th (Sunday, too, for those who can). I'm marking it on my calendar now. We ought to check out Saturday evening Mass times as well in case people can't come for both days.

What's everyone think?

Mar 24th 2013 new

So....who all's planning on coming Sat. 14th?

Mar 25th 2013 new
Main St Arts Festival Fort Worth Texas April 18-21 2012 Fiesta In San Antonio last two weekends of April
Mar 25th 2013 new

There are fields and other locations to meet up. The Capital grounds are nice - frisbee blanket sitting hill rolling... We could order lunch boxes from Jason's deli or bring our own, do a meet up maybe break into groups for different activities, and walking through the capital is always nice.

Mar 27th 2013 new
I would be interested in meeting with y'all that weekend. I just need to know the details.
Mar 29th 2013 new

(Quote) JoAnn-666667 said: So....who all's planning on coming Sat. 14th?
(Quote) JoAnn-666667 said:

So....who all's planning on coming Sat. 14th?

--hide--

Saturday, April 14th in Austin? Is that the final plan?

Let us know is you have details about nearby hotels.

Posts 21 - 30 of 44