Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 17th 2013 new

God gives brains out regardless of sex.

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Kathryn-328433 said: Ahhh, the benefits of being male. Kate
(Quote) Kathryn-328433 said:

Ahhh, the benefits of being male.

Kate

--hide--
What do you mean? How am I being having any benefits over a woman in this regard?

Mar 17th 2013 new

I have never googled anyone, I find that scary

Mar 17th 2013 new
No. I don't search potential dates in depth, and certainly not friends, inside or outside of CM. I might search a date from CM's address or career, just to confirm what I have been told or what is written in a profile, is not totally fabricated. I believe in taking people at face-value, but certainly some caution is warranted. The exception was when I noted some "different" behavior from someone dated at length, I searched for any criminal activity or arrests.

Another annoying habit that some do, is to find your friends and family on facebook, etc., and engage in dialogue with them. It does feel very freaky! I find this behavior to be disrespectful of a person's privacy, so I certainly would not do it to someone else, unless something is seriously questionned.

Unfortunately, I was a tax auditor for most of my career years, and so questionning others, and expecting a valid answer, is a behavior that I am used to doing. I realize that doing that in romantic life is probably not so good. I apologize to anyone who did experience this from me.

People can improve, and we have to give people the benefit of the doubt, even if they have some negative items "out there." If the items are chronic, and not isolated to a particular timeframe, then the issue may be questionnable, as to whether the behavior would continue into a marriage, or whether the individual is willing to change a negative behavior.

I still submit that I think that when a woman and a man meet here, that they exchange parish information, especially before meeting in person, and particularly if they don't live in the same town. I believe that individuals behave better with accountability at hand.

I am not saying that regular mass goers are perfect, but probably better than average, in general, and are more likely practicing Catholics. A Catholic's church attendence is based on their tithing, so this would also provide whether the individual tithes regularly, e.g., supports the faith.
Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Another annoying habit that some do, is to find your friends and family on facebook, etc., and engage in dialogue with them. It does fee...
(Quote)
Another annoying habit that some do, is to find your friends and family on facebook, etc., and engage in dialogue with them. It does feel very freaky! I find this behavior to be disrespectful of a person's privacy, so I certainly would not do it to someone else, unless something is seriously questionned.
--hide--

I agree it is IMHO cyber stalking. That sort of invasion of someone's privacy is not warranted. I think in the internet age some people think that they have the right too much of people's information. By all means protect yourself and remain cautious but treat each other with respect as well.

Mar 17th 2013 new
(Quote) Jan-805954 said: I've had some trouble with foreign scammers before, so I always google a potential date. I would expect my fu...
(Quote) Jan-805954 said:

I've had some trouble with foreign scammers before, so I always google a potential date. I would expect my future date to google me also. But, the real way to play it safe is to exchange several messages, and then phone conversations. There's nothing wrong with taking the time to get to know someone well before meeting them in person. I consider it a red flag if a potential date is impatient to get together.

--hide--

I don't mean to contradict you, but I consider it a "red flag," if someone I am getting to know does NOT want to meet in person within a reasonable timeframe. To be on the safe side, one should have face-to-face contact with someone communicating with at length. Especially if exchanging personal information.
Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said: I don't mean to contradict you, but I consider it a "red flag," if someone I ...
(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said:

I don't mean to contradict you, but I consider it a "red flag," if someone I am getting to know does NOT want to meet in person within a reasonable timeframe. To be on the safe side, one should have face-to-face contact with someone communicating with at length. Especially if exchanging personal information.
--hide--

Great point.

Mar 17th 2013 new
(Quote) Dave-146273 said: Here, You are free to post as many Threads as you like and with as many silly or profound items ...
(Quote) Dave-146273 said:

Here, You are free to post as many Threads as you like and with as many silly or profound items as you want to share, and you can even ask other CMers to share their day. Post away!

--hide--

Being "out there" here on CM, is another way to show to other Catholics that you are fairly "safe."
Mar 17th 2013 new
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: It would be so easy, then to do a reverse lookup of your home number, find out your address, make a date with y...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

It would be so easy, then to do a reverse lookup of your home number, find out your address, make a date with you...and have my pals rob your house while you are buying me dinner.

--hide--

Wow! Unbelievable!
Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-933860 said: (Quote) Kathryn-328433 said:     Ahhh, t...
(Quote) Peter-933860 said:

Quote:
Kathryn-328433 said:

Ahhh, the benefits of being male.

Kate

What do you mean? How am I being having any benefits over a woman in this regard?

--hide--

I think she was referring to your being able to 'sniff out' any axe murderers.. mischievous laughing

Posts 21 - 30 of 84