Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Mar 17th 2013 new
This post has been flagged as inappropriate for this discussion or forum.
Mar 17th 2013 new
Mar 17th 2013 new
Mar 17th 2013 new

Hey all, interested to hear what everyone has to say about this important issue of chastity, but admin has weighed in, above, so we have the answer.

Perhaps I will start a series of posts in Single Living on chastity and see how it goes, since Admin thinks that works.

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Hey all, interested to hear what everyone has to say about this important issue of chastity, but admi...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

Hey all, interested to hear what everyone has to say about this important issue of chastity, but admin has weighed in, above, so we have the answer.

Perhaps I will start a series of posts in Single Living on chastity and see how it goes, since Admin thinks that works.

--hide--

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing That is all I have to say. laughing laughing laughing laughing

Mar 17th 2013 new
Mar 17th 2013 new
Mar 17th 2013 new
Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Hey all, interested to hear what everyone has to say about this important issue of chastity, but admi...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

--hide--

I will echo Brian's advice: if there are uncharitable or inappropriate responses, use the Report Post link to flag them. The moderators can't read every post in every topic. When people notify us privately without also reporting a post, there are several issues:

(a) It's more difficult to find the offending post: since most people don't provide a direct link, so we have to search for it. The Report Post features automatically links directly to the post in question.

(b) When the moderators act on posts on their own there is no record of anyone else being offended by it and from the admin's perspective it looks like us (me) being the morality brigade. When others report the posts they find offensive the true impact of the offensiveness is more clearly visible.

That being said, please keep in mind that the reports should be for posts that violate the forum rules (see www.catholicmatch.com ), not posts where you happen to disagree with the opinion expressed.

When you express conservative opinions on chastity, modesty, or just about any other aspect of morality, it is almost inevitable there will be disagreeable replies. Christ warned us of this, so we must expect it; however, it shouldn't let it deter us from speaking the truth. Having a separate forum isn't going to change this: the same people will post the same responses wherever they are posted. We can clean them up in Single Living just as easily as we can clean them up in the proposed new forum.

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Based on what I have seen in the forums, here and elsewhere, yes I do think there are man...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Based on what I have seen in the forums, here and elsewhere, yes I do think there are many Catholic adults who do not understand the full scope of chastity. Many seem to have the Bill Clinton view (ABI - anything but intercourse is acceptable).

--hide--

What I see is people who know better, they just go with their 'feelings'.. If I were in a relationship and that 'progressed' to a physical relationship of that scope, I would be fully aware of what I was doing..I would be 'choosing' to ignore the ramifications. I don't think most people are blind to what they are doing.

Posts 31 - 40 of 48