Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for those who have lost a spouse and need support or who can provide support to those who have.

Saint Paula is the patron saint of widows and Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons
Learn More: Saint Stephen and Saint Paula

Mar 17th 2013 new

Sorry, Marita, I read yours and remembered Beverly's name instead of yours. My last note was addressed to you Marita. God Bless.

Mar 17th 2013 new

It doesn't matter, Donna. I would not have said anything different.

Marita, it is an ironic thing. Absolutely ironic. Crazy. it's just about trust. That's all. And it's not just about marriage. It's about jobs, education, life skills, family - we have to trust him to guide us in those things too, so why not trust him to put whatever prize he has in store for us in front of us. If we concentrate on this day, and try to only live in this day (and it is really hard, I never intended for it to sound like this is a piece of cake because our human natures don't want to let go of control over our day to day) He will make it right for Marita's life. If we can simply tell him this morning or this night, Lord, I know you know that I really think I want a husband and children. You know my heart's desire. But I will trust you to show me what it is that you want for my life. I leave it all up to you. I think you will start to see things on a day to day basis reveal themselves to you that you never could have imagined. He works things out. I cannot tell you specifics in this fora for me, and no one but me would really be interested, but I am telling you He will work it out. He has done it for me too many times for me to ever doubt it at this point.

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: It doesn't matter, Donna. I would not have said anything different.Marita, it i...
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:

It doesn't matter, Donna. I would not have said anything different.

Marita, it is an ironic thing. Absolutely ironic. Crazy. it's just about trust. That's all. And it's not just about marriage. It's about jobs, education, life skills, family - we have to trust him to guide us in those things too, so why not trust him to put whatever prize he has in store for us in front of us. If we concentrate on this day, and try to only live in this day (and it is really hard, I never intended for it to sound like this is a piece of cake because our human natures don't want to let go of control over our day to day) He will make it right for Marita's life. If we can simply tell him this morning or this night, Lord, I know you know that I really think I want a husband and children. You know my heart's desire. But I will trust you to show me what it is that you want for my life. I leave it all up to you. I think you will start to see things on a day to day basis reveal themselves to you that you never could have imagined. He works things out. I cannot tell you specifics in this fora for me, and no one but me would really be interested, but I am telling you He will work it out. He has done it for me too many times for me to ever doubt it at this point.

--hide--

I liked what you said Beverly. Now living it will be a lot harder. I guess I have trust issues. I talk to Him about it all the time. I am praying for a new apt that I can afford, closer to work, and nothing has happened yet. But I believe something will happen.

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-13836 said: I liked what you said Beverly. Now living it will be a lot harder. I guess I have trust issues. I talk to H...
(Quote) Jim-13836 said: I liked what you said Beverly. Now living it will be a lot harder. I guess I have trust issues. I talk to Him about it all the time. I am praying for a new apt that I can afford, closer to work, and nothing has happened yet. But I believe something will happen.
--hide--

At this moment, he is working a situation out for me that was devastating to me. That I thought had no hope. Now, my prayer is...with this done, Lord, anything you say; you have it all in your hands. I am confident that he will let me know exactly how he wants the remainder of it to work out, and as for me, I intend to fully cooperate. Now, 6 months down the road some one of you may have to remind me of this statement, and He knows that too. Thank God, he foregives my control-freaky nature, and will have to remind me once again - Okay Bev, one more time....see, it's like this...

Mar 17th 2013 new

[quote]Lauren-927923 said: I wonder why making the space our own seems to be an important theme?

Hi Lauren:

Perhaps because we are the ones left...and we need to carry on...this may be one way to help us and give us the courage and confidence that we will be O.K.

Mar 17th 2013 new

[quote]Lauren-927923 said:

Sorry I wish this was more positive, I meant it to be. . .perhaps mine is still too fresh :

Hi Lauren:

My parish priest would say to me whenever he witnessed me grieving, "You loved him (Ernie) much".

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: At this moment, he is working a situation out for me that was devastating to me. Th...
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:

At this moment, he is working a situation out for me that was devastating to me. That I thought had no hope. Now, my prayer is...with this done, Lord, anything you say; you have it all in your hands. I am confident that he will let me know exactly how he wants the remainder of it to work out, and as for me, I intend to fully cooperate. Now, 6 months down the road some one of you may have to remind me of this statement, and He knows that too. Thank God, he foregives my control-freaky nature, and will have to remind me once again - Okay Bev, one more time....see, it's like this...

--hide--

Forgive me for being a bit nosy here but how did you get to that spot of trust and assurance He would work it out?

Mar 18th 2013 new

Hi Beverly:

I have used this prayer to help me stop smoking in 1992 and since then for when I desire God's assurance of His providence, or when I am feeling stressed about something and require His strength and confidence, "Lord, remind me that nothing is going to happen to me today, that You and I together can't handled."

Mar 18th 2013 new

Thank you Beverly!

Mar 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-848472 said: (Quote) Lauren-927923 said: Sorry I wish this was more positive, I meant i...
(Quote) Donna-848472 said:

[quote]Lauren-927923 said:

Sorry I wish this was more positive, I meant it to be. . .perhaps mine is still too fresh :

Hi Lauren:

My parish priest would say to me whenever he witnessed me grieving, "You loved him (Ernie) much".

--hide--

Donna, thank you, I like that :-) I can almost image Fr. Ross (my old pastor and boss) saying that to me. :-)

Posts 31 - 40 of 71