Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Mar 17th 2013 new

UPDATE:

I was telling my friend as we walked in the park that I didn't want to fight. Like many non practicing - and some practicing - Catholics, her advise is to go full force with the law. I tried to tell her that God will grant me much more through other channels if I'm patient - no small feat! -, that I just have to trust Him.

Well, Apparently I'll go to Geneva with dad for some time. He and my stepmom will be here for Easter. He needs a complete check up, and so does she. They both have had cancer. Dad is dialysis, too. She needs to stay home for some time, so they have asked me to step up and go with him. I thought I was going to serve the elderly & sick up in the mountains, but God wants me to serve my family first. lovestruck!

I don't have the details, yet, but wanted to share with you all the great news.

Also, one of my best friends from hight school - day student - will come visit me. She lives in Seattle. I had not spoken with her for a long time, and called her up. She said that she has an unused airplane ticket and was telling her husband that she really wants to come down. No coincidence!

Another one of my close friends - boarder at that school - works for an airline. Now that she has tied the knot, her hubby can fly free with her. They're also coming down.

Moral of the story: I would not have been able to enjoy my visits - or traveling - if I were still chained to that job.

Thanks you all for your prayers, suggestions, good counsel, and support,

hug Praying You get a Gold Star! Mari

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Mari-894290 said: UPDATE: I was telling my friend as we walked in the park that I didn't want to fight. L...
(Quote) Mari-894290 said:

UPDATE:

I was telling my friend as we walked in the park that I didn't want to fight. Like many non practicing - and some practicing - Catholics, her advise is to go full force with the law. I tried to tell her that God will grant me much more through other channels if I'm patient - no small feat! -, that I just have to trust Him.

Well, Apparently I'll go to Geneva with dad for some time. He and my stepmom will be here for Easter. He needs a complete check up, and so does she. They both have had cancer. Dad is dialysis, too. She needs to stay home for some time, so they have asked me to step up and go with him. I thought I was going to serve the elderly & sick up in the mountains, but God wants me to serve my family first.

I don't have the details, yet, but wanted to share with you all the great news.

Also, one of my best friends from hight school - day student - will come visit me. She lives in Seattle. I had not spoken with her for a long time, and called her up. She said that she has an unused airplane ticket and was telling her husband that she really wants to come down. No coincidence!

Another one of my close friends - boarder at that school - works for an airline. Now that she has tied the knot, her hubby can fly free with her. They're also coming down.

Moral of the story: I would not have been able to enjoy my visits - or traveling - if I were still chained to that job.

Thanks you all for your prayers, suggestions, good counsel, and support,

Mari

--hide--

Awesome. Thanks for the update.

Mar 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-13836 said: Awesome. Thanks for the update.
(Quote) Jim-13836 said:

Awesome. Thanks for the update.

--hide--

Thanks, Jim. biggrin

May 3rd 2013 new

The following is a message from MARI that she requested I post for her.

You get a Gold Star! You get a Gold Star! You get a Gold Star! You get a Gold Star! You get a Gold Star! You get a Gold Star! You get a Gold Star! You get a Gold Star! You get a Gold Star! You get a Gold Star!

I want to thank all who prayed so that I would follow my heart and what I believed Jesus wanted me to do.
I quit my job & got only 10% of what I was rightly & lawfully due.
One day I went to a wake with my stepdad. He introduced me to his cousin, the owner of the hotel I wanted to work at. Got an interview. In less than 24 hours I had moved in with mom & stepdad's country home, and was reporting for duty as Assistant General Manager. The General Manager was able to go on vacation with her husband and kids.
I do not have any experience in running a Boutique Hotel & Spa. I had to receive tours, see that events go smoothly, the main water pipes in the whole crater had a mayor damage, I was threatened by an irate guest, the cousin of 3 of our employees died so I had to figure out schedules for the restaurant and the maintenance staff, and more. All I kept saying when thing just happened to turn for better was: "Now you see why I attend daily Mass!"
I lasted 10 days and was granted as many days off as needed to come to Geneva to be with dad - as I explained in an earlier post. There are so many endless details of these past 6 weeks, I could just go on and on...
I now understand why I'm still single: I need this time to be with dad and give of myself so that the family - new wife and two other daughters, my older sister & brother, aunts & uncle - feel at ease that he is not alone. I could not be doing His work here if I were married.
We went to a reception at Monsignor Tomasi's!!! In the Thank You note, dad said I could so some Pastoral Work if he needed. I did not get an answer. I understand it is a time for me to dedicate myself solely to my dad.
Our Lord is giving me way more than what I gave up by not putting up a fight. This time with my dad is healing me, and letting me live one day at a time.
I couldn't have done all this without the prayers and support from my family (mom, stepdad, kids, sisters & brother, etc.) and from all of you.
You are always in my prayers.
Blessing to all, Mari

May 4th 2013 new

hug Praying

Posts 81 - 85 of 85