Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: www.youtube.com.
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

www.youtube.com

ChurchMilitantTV· "How will the new Pope respond to the traditionalists in the Church?" Published on Mar 4, 2013

Benedict XVI

--hide--

I don't think the leader of Christ's Church would take away the Latin Mass. He's the leader and therefore for all things Catholic. Forbidding Mass is something the communists would do and not our Beloved Francis. God is protecting our Church. pope

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Edward-926612 said: If the allegations are true then it's troubling that "due honor" was not g...
(Quote) Edward-926612 said:

If the allegations are true then it's troubling that "due honor" was not given for this "venerable and ancient usage." I know of many dioceses today where this is still the case, open hostility for the extraordinary form. It's slowly changing however. For instance, Florida by in large used to be very hostile to the TLM but now you have the FSSP saying Mass in three cities, Archbishop Wenski who said a Pontificial Solemn High Mass of Feb 2, 2012 and the seminarians in Florida assisting at that Mass and others throughout Miami.

--hide--

the hostility is not for the TLm but for the diifcult personalities who flock to the TLM. They'd try the patience of a saint.

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: the hostility is not for the TLm but for the diifcult personalities who flock to the TLM. The...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

the hostility is not for the TLm but for the diifcult personalities who flock to the TLM. They'd try the patience of a saint.

--hide--

There are all types of personalities attracted to all forms of the liturgy.

Hostility, regardless of who it is directed toward or how much apparent justification there is, is contrary to charity, and hence Jesus' teaching and example.

Mar 18th 2013 new

If I were a non-Christian or non-Catholic and had read some of the numerous uncharitable comments, innuendos, suspicions and IMHO nasty comments over the last days and weeks (on this site), directed toward our last several Popes and even some toward our new Pope Francis, I would be totally turned off to the Catholic Church. I have found it quite disgusting and very disappointing to read such comments on this site.

We have one Pope at a time. Each is human. Each has human frailties and God-given gifts. Even Peter the Apostle (Pope #1) denied Christ three times, yet Jesus still found him most-fit to lead His Catholic Church. When I see such negative comments directed toward our Popes, I wonder if those making such comments even believe that the Holy Spirit is working through the Cardinals in the conclave to elect the best Pope for time in history.

Perhaps one standard for review, before clicking the “Submit Post” button.... >>> What would a non-Christian or non-Catholic think if he/she read the post?

Ed

Mar 18th 2013 new
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 18th 2013 new

(Quote) ED-20630 said: If I were a non-Christian or non-Catholic and had read some of the numerous uncharitable comments, in...
(Quote) ED-20630 said:

If I were a non-Christian or non-Catholic and had read some of the numerous uncharitable comments, innuendos, suspicions and IMHO nasty comments over the last days and weeks (on this site), directed toward our last several Popes and even some toward our new Pope Francis, I would be totally turned off to the Catholic Church. I have found it quite disgusting and very disappointing to read such comments on this site.

We have one Pope at a time. Each is human. Each has human frailties and God-given gifts. Even Peter the Apostle (Pope #1) denied Christ three times, yet Jesus still found him most-fit to lead His Catholic Church. When I see such negative comments directed toward our Popes, I wonder if those making such comments even believe that the Holy Spirit is working through the Cardinals in the conclave to elect the best Pope for time in history.

Perhaps one standard for review, before clicking the “Submit Post” button.... >>> What would a non-Christian or non-Catholic think if he/she read the post?

Ed

--hide--

Ditto! clap clap clap

Thank you, Ed, for stating what I felt and stated in the prior Pope Francis thread that was locked down because of the nasty comments that were made which I tried with comments and prayer to STOP along with a few others! Praying

Mar 18th 2013 new

It took me a couple of days to think of a way to write my comments (and to cool down a bit) so as not to lock down this thread too.

Ed

Mar 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Edward-926612 said: Watch and pray. That's all we can do. I know the family who runs Rorate Coeli --...

Watch and pray. That's all we can do. I know the family who runs Rorate Coeli --- good people. Definitly not sedevacantist.

We have a right to the TLM guarenteed by Quo Primumum of St. Pius V and affirmed by our Pope Emeritus Pope Benedict XVI.

"Nonetheless, the Roman Missal promulgated by St. Pius V and reissued by Bl. John
XXIII is to be considered as an extraordinary expression of that same 'Lex
orandi,' and must be given due honour for its venerable and ancient usage."

If the allegations are true then it's troubling that "due honor" was not given for this "venerable and ancient usage." I know of many dioceses today where this is still the case, open hostility for the extraordinary form. It's slowly changing however. For instance, Florida by in large used to be very hostile to the TLM but now you have the FSSP saying Mass in three cities, Archbishop Wenski who said a Pontificial Solemn High Mass of Feb 2, 2012 and the seminarians in Florida assisting at that Mass and others throughout Miami.

--hide--

Any Pope can overrule a disciplinary rule laid down by any previous Pope. The format of the Mass, other than its essentials (Offertory, Consecration and Communion and in the case of The Consecration the words to be used) are nothing more than disciplinary and can be changed at any time.

Let us be very clear. Benedict XVI DID NOT order that any priest is free to PUBLICLY celebrate the TLM. How the Liturgy is PUBLICLY Celebrated in any diocese is solely left to the discretion of the local Bishop. He encouraged, but did not require, Bishops to make greater usage of TLM.

As things stand today, I personally would prefer TLM to the NO even though I believe that some of the changes were a definite improvement, the expanded readings for example.

I personally believe the solution to this mess created by Paul VI in both the Mass and the Calendar would be best solved by a blending of the two forms that retains the best of both and eliminates the worst. To cut down on the allowed variations and options which is an open door to abuse, still often found today.

It is absolutely ridiculous to allow so many of these variations and options so that a person in the pew trying to follow the mass in a missal is reduced to frantically turning pages trying to find which choice the local Bishop ordered or priest has made.

One example of how silly it can get is the Credo. The Roman missal allows the Aprotle's Creed to be used instead of the Nicene Creed especially for a Children's mass. But wait, it says it is also appropriate to do so during Lent. ??? Its use in a Mass for children makes sense. But in Lent for every one? What more appropriate time to use the more precise Nicene Creed then during Lent?

I have said it several times in these forums. The "staging" of the NO Mass appears to me to have been designed by the Choreographers of Italian Comic Operas.

As important as the Bible is, how much more ridiculous can we be to parade the Book of readings at every Mass with pomp and circumstance, when in so many of our Churches the tabernacle has been relegated to a virtually hidden Adoration Chapel?

Mar 18th 2013 new

"This is a representation of the Summorum Pontificum Masses in Argentina, as of the end of 2012. The masses are in general celebrated each week. It's true that there is not much information for some Masses on the internet, but it doesn't mean they don't exist!".......

maps.google.com.ar

Mar 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Edward-926612 said: We have a right to the TLM guarenteed by Quo Primumum of St. Pius V and affirmed by our Pope Eme...

We have a right to the TLM guarenteed by Quo Primumum of St. Pius V and affirmed by our Pope Emeritus Pope Benedict XVI.

--hide--

It is important to understand that Pope Benedict XVI declared that the missal of 1962 had not been abrogated, not that it couldn't be.

Posts 21 - 30 of 200