Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 17th 2013 new

my thoughts exactly!!! love it!

Mar 18th 2013 new
(Quote) Tiffiany-902101 said: Andrew, I think you bring up a valid point. It would have to...
(Quote) Tiffiany-902101 said:

Andrew,

I think you bring up a valid point. It would have to depend upon a) what sort of things you are revealing "too soon" and b) how comfortable the person you are communicating with is with the truth. As far as myself personally, and what I have learned from both men and women, the truth is always a good place to start. This doesn't necessarily mean you have to reveal everything about yourself to someone right away; however, asking straight-forward and direct questions are a great way to get to know where a person you are interested in romantically stands. Furthermore, if you are asked straight-forward and direct questions, honesty is always the best policy. There are always certain ways to ask these types of questions in a gentle fashion and if one does not feel comfortable discussing them then they can always opt to discuss them later. Take care!

Tiffiany

--hide--

Thanks. That's exactly what I was getting at. I think we really have to take a long deep honest look at ourselves and look at what each of us look for in a person. Once you know that, look at what you might not like about yourself, if you were to try to date yourself. What might be a turn off to another person? I think that this can be really hard to truly scrutinize ourselves but it would benefit us better to what we should be more open about. For example, I quit smoking almost 2 months ago. I know some people would consider that a turn off for sure.
Mar 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Not bad. But I think it's important to remember that: - many things that are...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Not bad.

But I think it's important to remember that:

- many things that are true are best left unsaid (I hate your mother's pot roast. You put the baby's diaper on backwards.)

- many things -- like the Chinese food example -- are petty. You can't eat Chinese once, to please someone who loves it?

You have to ask yourself, "What GOOD will result from my telling him/her this?" Oftentimes, there is no good, only hurt.

--hide--

Hi Tiffiany and Marge! I did not read the article. With that said, I believe in honesty; I'm just not sure that I believe in complete honesty. Some things are best left in the past. As my mother used to say, "Some things are between me and the other person, and some things are between me and God." If it serves no constructive purpose besides telling the other person everything, then I think we should keep it private. If it's between us and God, then, there is the confessional.

Hi Andrew! Congratulations on quitting smoking. It's a tough one! Chelle

Mar 18th 2013 new

CMers,

I'm talking about being completely honest and open between the two people with what pertains to their relationship and what the "rules" are in an intended exclusive relationship, values Faith etc., things along those lines. Of course not saying things like you look fat in that outfit. Common sense applies people. Also everyone does something stupid in their youth. No laundry lists and not about every little nickle and dime type of issue as long as they are not of a violent, abusive or illegal nature.

theheart

Mar 18th 2013 new

[quote]Eloise-899090 said:

CMers,

I'm talking about being completely honest and open between the two people with what pertains to their relationship and what the "rules" are in an intended exclusive relationship, values Faith etc., things along those lines. Of course not saying things like you look fat in that outfit. Common sense applies people. Also everyone does something stupid in their youth. No laundry lists and not about every little nickle and dime type of issue as long as they are not of a violent, abusive or illegal nature.

Haha! Eloise, thanks for saying exactly what I was thinking! Apparently we are on the same brain wave! :)

Posts 11 - 15 of 15