Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: You must sign in before expressing interest in this event.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Mar 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Gabor-19025 said: I actually went to a talk from a guy from Ireland associated with "Maria Divine Merc...
(Quote) Gabor-19025 said:

I actually went to a talk from a guy from Ireland associated with "Maria Divine Mercy" yesterday (today denounced by the Archbishop). I did not provide my name, contribute money (there was a collection but it was stressed that there was no obligation to participate) or buy any literature. I walked away no wiser in terms of being a believer or non believer. However, I must confess that the message promoted was orthodox and real in my opinion. Having been an on-off viewer of the website there seems to be an inference that the Warning is very soon. That is going to make or break the credibility of the "apparitions".

We all make calls on "false prophets" and make decisions on how we practice our faith based on those personal judgments. Next Sunday (Palm Sunday) many priests will encourage their sheep to remain seated during the reading of the Passion of Christ because it is "too long". When we are encouraged to make ourselves more comfortable during the grievous suffering of Christ Our Saviour one can ask whether those priests are "false prophets" in encouraging that. The local Press highlighted that the Pope's chief objective was to "reduce world poverty". I am looking forward to hearing statements about leading people to God and sanctifying souls

--hide--

Howdy Gabor

the fact is that on the website several errors of doctrine have been identified and those messages that did not come to pass have been removed or changed by the website as verified by eye witnesses.

So they may have preached an orthodox sounding message, but from what I have read on the site, there are doctrinal errors at work..this would invalidate the entire prophecy regardless of how much truth there was

Mar 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Rosanna-921185 said: This is the story of Fr. Corapi - there was to be an investigation about the woman...
(Quote) Rosanna-921185 said:

This is the story of Fr. Corapi - there was to be an investigation about the woman parishioner, but he decided to leave the priesthood before the investigation happened. EWTN has dropped all his programs as a result. He does have a website but I don't have the link anymore, something like lone wolf or something like that. If I find it I will post it. He apparently wants to be a spiritual guide as a lay person now. I did like Fr. Corapi and have prayed for him, but I am disappointed with his decision. I hope the Lord still guides him, even if not a priest. Though I do believe, once a priest, always a priest, unless defrocked. He seems to have defrocked himself, if that can be done.

--hide--

Fr Corapi had a genuine conversion. he was a dynamic and effective priest for many years. Unfortunately he returned to old forms of behavior and his life as well as his vocation suffered. As a person in recovery from alcoholism, I began to recognize certain signs that Fr Corapi may have been close to or undergoing a relapse back into addiction and the behavior that often accompanies addiction. He helped me tremendously over the years and it broke my heart to see what has happened to him. I pray for him regularly and will continue to do so. He needs our prayers and our love. Please pray. He may yet return to the fold.

theheart sad

Mar 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Gabor-19025 said: I actually went to a talk from a guy from Ireland associated with "Maria Divine Merc...

I actually went to a talk from a guy from Ireland associated with "Maria Divine Mercy" yesterday (today denounced by the Archbishop). I did not provide my name, contribute money (there was a collection but it was stressed that there was no obligation to participate) or buy any literature. I walked away no wiser in terms of being a believer or non believer. However, I must confess that the message promoted was orthodox and real in my opinion. Having been an on-off viewer of the website there seems to be an inference that the Warning is very soon. That is going to make or break the credibility of the "apparitions".

--hide--

Be careful. The most pernicious lies contain more truth than untruth.

We're not required to listen to these "revelations". The Church has given us all we need to become holy. Why risk it listening to visionaries and running from apparition to apparition? Some are true . . . others not.

Mar 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Gabor-19025 said: We all make calls on "false prophets" and make decisions on how we practice our faith ba...

We all make calls on "false prophets" and make decisions on how we practice our faith based on those personal judgments. Next Sunday (Palm Sunday) many priests will encourage their sheep to remain seated during the reading of the Passion of Christ because it is "too long". When we are encouraged to make ourselves more comfortable during the grievous suffering of Christ Our Saviour one can ask whether those priests are "false prophets" in encouraging that. The local Press highlighted that the Pope's chief objective was to "reduce world poverty". I am looking forward to hearing statements about leading people to God and sanctifying souls

--hide--

Keep looking for the bad in the Church and bad is the only thing you will see. Now whose work do you suppose that is? God's or the enemy's??

scratchchin

Mar 18th 2013 new

Beware pious superstition!!

This is a terrible trick of the enemy because it masquerades as holiness, but its design is to destroy or divert our faith.

Mar 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Sam-948516 saidHowdy Gabor the fact is that on the website several errors of doctrine have been identified and those...
(Quote) Sam-948516 saidHowdy Gabor

the fact is that on the website several errors of doctrine have been identified and those messages that did not come to pass have been removed or changed by the website as verified by eye witnesses.

So they may have preached an orthodox sounding message, but from what I have read on the site, there are doctrinal errors at work..this would invalidate the entire prophecy regardless of how much truth there was

--hide--

Sam,

I am aware that there has been a move from the messages being ecumenical (all Churches are equal type of comments) to a traditional focus on the "One Holy Catholic Church" so that inconsistency has not gone unnoticed by me. However, the war between good and evil in our times really is at a crisis point in my opinion. Each time another jurisdiction legislates for "gay marriage" for example I do wonder how much more damage can we do before God steps in to reprimand us for our own good?

Mar 19th 2013 new

How Come Body Electric becomes Dyslexic?:
The Con of Illumined is to be Transhuman'd:

"Astonishing How Quickly We Adapt to Science
And its Guiding Direction, We Adopt with Reliance,
Thinking We're in Control, Thanks to the "Altruistic"
Who Shower Us with Toys, We the Hedonistic,
A Guiding Hand? No-one Would Suspect
Nefarious Agendas, We'd Surely Detect,
Although Digital Gadgets are Cheap and Shoddy,
Most Young Folks Yearn for Them Inside Body,
P.R. for the Digital is Really a Sham,
Never Mentioning Someone will Run Your Program
To Your Brain Chip, Controlled by Remote,
But Not by You, You Silly Old Goat,
"Give Up Sentience for Happiness" Will be the Cry,
Fat Old Men at the Top will Sit Back and Sigh,
Then Give a Brandy and Cigar to the Goofy Nerd
Who Deleted Awareness from Whole Human Herd"
© Alan Watt August 27th, 2010

http://www.cuttingthroughthematrix.com

Mar 20th 2013 new

The moral of the story is not to read these "apparations". Check this out:

1) "After the Warning" prophecies

"I want you to write that I am very proud of the world for praying so fervently
for my new pope. He is a man of great humility, charm, integrity, and grace. He
is my mother’s chosen friend. He has been picked for the ages. He has suffered
much and understands the meaning of suffering and sacrifice in today’s world."

2) "The Warning" prophecies

"My beloved Pope Benedict XVI was persecuted and fled, as foretold. I have not appointed this person, who claims to come in My Name.

He, Pope Benedict, will guide My followers towards the Truth. I have not deserted him and I will hold him close to My Heart and give him the comfort he needs at this terrible time."

Whether the Pope is good, bad or ugly we can only pray for him and that he does God's will.

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Gabor-19025 said: The moral of the story is not to read these "apparations". Check this out: 1) &q...

The moral of the story is not to read these "apparations". Check this out:

1) "After the Warning" prophecies

"I want you to write that I am very proud of the world for praying so fervently
for my new pope. He is a man of great humility, charm, integrity, and grace. He
is my mother’s chosen friend. He has been picked for the ages. He has suffered
much and understands the meaning of suffering and sacrifice in today’s world."

2) "The Warning" prophecies

"My beloved Pope Benedict XVI was persecuted and fled, as foretold. I have not appointed this person, who claims to come in My Name.

He, Pope Benedict, will guide My followers towards the Truth. I have not deserted him and I will hold him close to My Heart and give him the comfort he needs at this terrible time."

Whether the Pope is good, bad or ugly we can only pray for him and that he does God's will.

--hide--

Thanks Gabor. Where exactly did you get both quotes? I like referencing my arguments (when needed).

Mar 20th 2013 new

Hi Rosanna,

I am tired and am not going to find the exact reference but these are the websites wher you can drill down.

www.thewarningsecondcoming.com

www.afterthewarning.com

Posts 41 - 50 of 55