Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

When was the last time -

Mar 18th 2013 new

When was the last time someone suggested you something that required you to do something different in your life and you did it?

Could be really simple, like someone tells you about a new place to eat and you go try it. Could be really complex, like getting a divorce.

But you have to have done what they suggested. Could be anybody.

I am not asking what it was, just when.

For me, what comes to mind was about 3 years ago.

My friend Sue suggested she come over Saturday and have dinner with me. We did, it was her idea, but I guess that didn't count because it wasn't different enough. People come to my house all the time.

Could be God telling you.

I am just curious, how about you?

Mar 18th 2013 new

I'm pretty good at making my own adventures.. I can't think of the last time someone told me to do something that I didn't want to do..Except maybe suggestions to get a 'real job'.. laughing

Mar 18th 2013 new

I fired an employee last Friday. She suggested that I go somewhere.... I'm not going.

Mar 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Lawrence-943343 said: When was the last time someone suggested you something that required you to do something diffe...
(Quote) Lawrence-943343 said:

When was the last time someone suggested you something that required you to do something different in your life and you did it?

Could be really simple, like someone tells you about a new place to eat and you go try it. Could be really complex, like getting a divorce.

But you have to have done what they suggested. Could be anybody.

I am not asking what it was, just when.

For me, what comes to mind was about 3 years ago.

My friend Sue suggested she come over Saturday and have dinner with me. We did, it was her idea, but I guess that didn't count because it wasn't different enough. People come to my house all the time.

Could be God telling you.

I am just curious, how about you?

--hide--
Some friends suggested I walk up a steeper hill .It was challenging but I got better as time went by.Unfortunatley had to stop .Looking forward to going back soon.

Mar 18th 2013 new

I think that I'm usually the instigator, or the one coaxing someone else to do something adventurous.

Mar 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I think that I'm usually the instigator, or the one coaxing someone else to do something adve...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

I think that I'm usually the instigator, or the one coaxing someone else to do something adventurous.

--hide--

I'm with you, Marge. I'm always encouraging people to try new things - and I actually take my own advice! I love to learn and explore, so I guess it comes naturally. Even when it comes to trying new foods, I'm always telling people not to wrinkle up their nose until they've tried it, "because you never know, (I tell them) this might be your newest favorite food!" I guess I figure you only go around once, and although I'm not exactly a dare devil, I don't want to waste any of the precious sands that God has put in my hour glass. Heck, I've been up in a hot air balloon and down in a submarine. goldfish I've even moved to a new country once that I hadn't even heard of until a few weeks before, without knowing anyone or having a home or job lined up for myself a head of time. (Probably the best 4 years of my life, thus-far, as it turned out.) Perhaps there are times when I can get a little carried away with my leaps of faith crossfingers but at least I hope not to look back on my life with a bunch of 'what ifs'.

I guess the last time I actually did something per someone else's request and I was less than fired up about it was a couple of years ago at a work Christmas party and it involved Karaoke. santahat Nuff said!

Mar 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: I'm pretty good at making my own adventures.. I can't think of the last time someone told ...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

I'm pretty good at making my own adventures.. I can't think of the last time someone told me to do something that I didn't want to do..Except maybe suggestions to get a 'real job'..

--hide--
laughing laughing clap Good one Donna (your on a Roll) Hey its better than somebody tellin ya to "GET A LIFE" i have been told that a couple of times; Hey i do have a life and its a "Good one"!!

Mar 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I think that I'm usually the instigator, or the one coaxing someone else to do something adve...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

--hide--
That i believe Marge (its all Good Marge)

Mar 18th 2013 new

Someone told me I should take a cruise so I did.. I learned not to take a brief nap while your companions are setting up day trips for the next day. The next morning I was being handed a ticket to go snorkling in the ocean. My snorkling experience was limited to 3 feet of water on the beach the day before.. wide eyed

And lest you think Marge was kidding when she said she is the instigator.. The ticket for the snorkling went from her hand to mine.. rolling eyes

Mar 18th 2013 new

laughing laughing
I want to meet you!

Posts 1 - 10 of 39