Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Mar 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Just remember, Monday morning Quarterbacks are always 100% correct. I was involved...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Just remember, Monday morning Quarterbacks are always 100% correct.

I was involved in a minor fender Bender a week ago. The accident was completely avoidable if I had not gone to Church that night and was not on the same street that the women was on who pulled out of her illegal parking spot to clip me. Or if I had a V8 engine under the hood, I might have been able to floor it and get up enough speed to avoid the impact.

Now if the Architects and building engineers had only known some madman, bent on killing themselves would fly some planes into the building, they might have been able to build it to withstand that kind of crash.

--hide--

No, it is not Monday Morning Quarterbacking. These nuts actually go back and accuse the builders of using
inferior steel.

This is a trend I have seen developing.

Mar 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-56149 said: The building, very basic. Coverage limit is 211,600 with a $2000 deductible. It also has t...
(Quote) Laura-56149 said:

The building, very basic. Coverage limit is 211,600 with a $2000 deductible. It also has to cover the same amount that my homeowners insurance requires(which is much cheaper and with personal property coverage etc.), so when that goes up so does the flood insurance premiums. It is based on what the homeowners insurance company feels would be the cost to rebuild the structure. Of course, now, it is all computer generalized. The only way out is to pay off my home and then I can decide what I want to cover... You should see how much the insurance companies want for earthquake insurance! You can't even get it without a $25,000 deductible. I have a much greater chance of losing my home that way, but can't even afford the coverage and it's not mandatory.

--hide--

It is very expensive to live in California it seems. It is a really beautiful state, though. When I am in California visiting
my brother, I feel good from the minute I wake up in the morning because of the Sunny weather.

Mar 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: I don't know if he will be able to redeem himself by 2016 in the eyes of the "my way or ...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

I don't know if he will be able to redeem himself by 2016 in the eyes of the "my way or the highway" types in the GOP. I hope he can. I still like him, Jindal or Paul for the next round.

--hide--

I hate to say it, but I think this shows that he is a goner. Running a state as a Governor though accumulates very good
leadership and management skills. Therefore, a Governor has a better shot at moving into the White House and
taking command, than a Congress person would.

I am pretty sure Christie reversed a lot of harmful practices in his state, and helped with fiscal responsibility.

And anything beats Obama's experience--Community Organization. That is so grass roots that it may not even
apply to a skill set.

Mar 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-56149 said: It is so very sad. I didn't realize how bad the situation still is. Like you said ...

It is so very sad. I didn't realize how bad the situation still is. Like you said if the media doesn't shine a light on it, it just goes out of peoples heads. It is like when a loved when dies, a person gets much attention. Then in the aftermath, they are left to struggle on alone.

--hide--

Laura: Those areas look like Armageddon. There is extreme destruction, combined with isolation because the population can no
longer live there.

That is a good analogy about the death of a loved one.

At least many volunteers go on the weekends and help with the hard physical labor of clearing out the debris and
working in people's homes getting rid of the mold.

I know corporations set up volunteer groups of their employees who want to go to help on the weekends.

They say the people no longer need any clothes donated, but just money and some other necessities.

Mar 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Susan-940526 said: Yea for Chris Christie trying to get whatever he needs to rebuild NJ. Still....why so many people...
(Quote) Susan-940526 said:

Yea for Chris Christie trying to get whatever he needs to rebuild NJ. Still....why so many people didn't have flood ins?

I bought my home in 2000 In upstate N.Y.. ...in the mountains and about 5 or 6 city blocks from the river..and had to get flood ins because of the zoning and the type of. mortgage. Long story short....I have lost the entire house to flooding...2006 AND 2011 (hurricane Irene). I say.....buy flood ins. Homeowners won't cover even water in basement. Ps...haven't rebuilt again

We should all pray Chris finds his way to good health. I'm not a conservative ( please don't send me hate mail ) but I like Chris. He's a leader...get it done type. That's what we need now in my opinion.

Blessing

--hide--

I am glad that you realize Chris Christie is good. I realize it too from what we get on the news.

America needs office holders to do work and help Americans instead of letting problems
fester.

Mar 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: It is very expensive to live in California it seems. It is a really beautiful state, t...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

It is very expensive to live in California it seems. It is a really beautiful state, though. When I am in California visiting
my brother, I feel good from the minute I wake up in the morning because of the Sunny weather.

--hide--

Yes, I love California:) What area does your brother live in. I don't know that it is any more expensive than N.Y. It just
depends on the area.

Mar 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Laura: Those areas look like Armageddon. There is extreme destruction, combined with i...

Laura: Those areas look like Armageddon. There is extreme destruction, combined with isolation because the population can no
longer live there.

That is a good analogy about the death of a loved one.

At least many volunteers go on the weekends and help with the hard physical labor of clearing out the debris and
working in people's homes getting rid of the mold.

I know corporations set up volunteer groups of their employees who want to go to help on the weekends.

They say the people no longer need any clothes donated, but just money and some other necessities.

--hide--

In all these disasters it is the people that come through, NOT the government. So we are always doing double...paying the government to mismanage our funds and line their own pockets and giving straight to the cause and fixing the problems ourselves.

Mar 18th 2013 new

Hi Marianne

I second that emotion!

Mar 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: (Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: ...and I'm sure everyone knows I mean I...

Quote:
Cheryl-409772 said:

...and I'm sure everyone knows I mean Imperialist not the typo. This administration is an imperialism for sure.

Yes, the Obama's are the new American Royalty. Who would have thought?

--hide--
See, now that is a good title for a thread. I think mostly people are ignorant. Really, how many people even realize that the Obamas spent 7 million on a trip to Hawaii over Christmas? Not many, I bet. I didn't find out until recently. I think most people aren't aware of the number of expensive trips this family has taken.

Mar 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-56149 said: In all these disasters it is the people that come through, NOT the government. So we are alway...

In all these disasters it is the people that come through, NOT the government. So we are always doing double...paying the government to mismanage our funds and line their own pockets and giving straight to the cause and fixing the problems ourselves.

--hide--
It's true and unfortnately people have less money to do that help thanks to the govt. stealing their money. I recently heard a story about two handicapped people who had their tricycles stolen...this was their means of transportation. At any rate, a donor replaced them...not the govt. This is just one example. Yes, people pull through.

Posts 31 - 40 of 62