Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

03/18/2013 new

(Quote) ED-20630 said: If you have ever watched or listened to interviews on TV or radio... The best and most ins...
(Quote) ED-20630 said:

If you have ever watched or listened to interviews on TV or radio...

The best and most insightful interviews are those where the interviewer asks a question, listens attentively to the answer, and then asks follow-up questions based on the particular response. Be ready to throw out your "list of questions" if the conversation leads in an entirely different direction. A perfectly great interview/date can be ruined by lack of listening and simply following a "list of questions".

Ed

--hide--
Right, Ed. If it sounds rehearsed, too contrived, or too much like an interview, the lady is likely to feel uncomfortable, and chances for a 2d date are doomed.

The old Beatles song (originally Buck Owens) sums it up: "Act Naturally."

03/18/2013 new

Saw this is a giftshop in the mall recently:

www.amazon.com

03/18/2013 new

(Quote) Jennifer-951210 said: Being new to this, I'm almost reluctant to "jump in," but......I struggle with m...
(Quote) Jennifer-951210 said:

Being new to this, I'm almost reluctant to "jump in," but......I struggle with making conversations myself. This only seems to be an issue with my personal life - work setting is so much easier. I'm sure that you were not intending to generalize women as non-thinkers. I'm reading the threads to gain insight and advice - hope it works for us both!

--hide--
Greetings, Jen. We'd like to say "Welcome" to the CM forums. As a newer member, be glad you've discovered this part of CM. As you are finding out, much can be learned here, plus you can add your own wisdom and experiences at any time.

03/18/2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Oh, Chelle -- What would you do if you won the lottery????
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Oh, Chelle -- What would you do if you won the lottery????

--hide--

I would give all my money to you, Ray! wink Chelle

03/18/2013 new
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: Three topics that will always guarentee an interesting conversation: 1. Zombie apocalypse. <...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

Three topics that will always guarentee an interesting conversation:

1. Zombie apocalypse.

2. Nuclear Holocaust.

3. The weather.

And I am seriously not kidding about the first 2, you can discuss the application of Catholic theology to the first two.

I'd love for a man to discuss zombie apocalypse survival statergies with me.

I'm prepared. I want to know who else is.

--hide--

Hahaha awesome. I already got my rifle for the zombie Apocalypse and learned all my strategies from the military.
03/18/2013 new

You missed one, Tom.
Talk about the other women you're seeing.

03/18/2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: Tried and true list of things to talk about. Never fails.First make it clear you...
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

Tried and true list of things to talk about. Never fails.

First make it clear you are not interested in anything she has to say.

Then use this list in exact order:

Beer

Football

Stockcar racing

Junk food

Snowmobiling

Fishing

If she hasn't said a word, she is obviously a boxing fan.

--hide--

laughing laughing weeping laughing weeping laughing laughing weeping laughing weeping :lol: :lol:

03/18/2013 new

I know exactly how you feel!!! Figuring out what to talk about with someone, espeically on a first or second face to face meeting is terribly worisome, and can lead to feelings of despair and "gee, maybe I shouldn't go out!"

Many people have had the idea of going somewhere and doing some activity together. Go to a museam, because it will automatically provide you with good topics that are fairly depthy and interesting. Walking around from display to display also puts you at your ease...if you are just sitting across from each other you either have to look at the table, other people, or stare into your date's face (awkward if it is your first). Then you can go eat and have a conversation already going!

03/18/2013 new

Or all the things that were wrong with the last girl/boy friend.

Ed

03/18/2013 new

(Quote) Andrew-560653 said: Hahaha awesome. I already got my rifle for the zombie Apocalypse and learned all my strategies ...
(Quote) Andrew-560653 said:

Hahaha awesome. I already got my rifle for the zombie Apocalypse and learned all my strategies from the military.
--hide--

I'm working on melee combat and bludgeoning weaponry. Guns have the problem of running out of ammo, and as cool samurai swords and machetes are, you run the risk of the blade dulling, and it can't be easy to constantly swing at the power required to decapitate the undead menace.

Crowbars are my top choice. Their construction and material will give it a longer life, won't likely bend like a golf club or shatter like a wooden bat, ie. cricket or baseball bat. You also get the added bonus of having a tool for jimmying. The pointy end you can ram right through the zombie's eye socket as well as the option to go the traditional beating route.

Posts 31 - 40 of 112