Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Mar 19th 2013 new

I can tell you something I didn't do. Dennis and I went to the American Legion for dinner last Saturday night, and you could have mountain oysters or rib-eye steak. I would not try the mountain oysters no matter how much Dennis tried to convince to at least taste one needless to say I ate a rib-eye steak.

Donna you will have to give me some pointers on snorkling as I am going to Aruba this summer, and that is something I have always wanted to try.

Mar 19th 2013 new

For twenty years, a woman who is a friendly acquaintance, kept trying me to come to Hanscom to work. I was busy following Phil all over the world. When he was killed, I moved to Germany while I was trying to figure out where to move (the military gave me a year). She again suggested I come to MA. Here I am...I have never lived on the east coast, but I knew this is where God wanted me. I am not an east coast girl, but I stand rooted in confidence that this is where I need to be. Scary? You bet!

Mar 19th 2013 new

When I was married, I did not get to do much -- he was always trying to not spend a cent and I had baby after baby to keep safe and care for, without being allowed a sitter for a break. Since we were separated over 4 years ago (and divorced last May), I have often had suggestions made to me to try new things. It's been a fun adventure! Some things I should not have done (skinny-dipping with friends -- well, we all kept under-garments on) and some things I won't try again and some things I found out I love (motorcycle rides! concerts that are not just the symphony or community bands or school bands! nightlife! etc!) I have to think whether a suggestion will be good for my soul or not, but I'm open to try much more than I was able to before!

Mar 19th 2013 new
Within the last 6 months it was suggested I go on line to meet someone (a man). A few months later I joined CM. I declined their offer to do my profile.
Mar 19th 2013 new

My friend Simone makes me try on clothes when we go shopping, lol. I hate trying on clothes, but she always makes me . . .and the last time saved me a ton of money by making me try things on lol . . .

She also makes me dress up for lunch occasionally . . .

Mar 19th 2013 new

That's a good kind of friend to have.

Mar 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: That's a good kind of friend to have.
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

That's a good kind of friend to have.

--hide--

She's one of the best :-).

Mar 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: Well I seem to have surprised all of my friends that I went to the Bon Jovi concert over the weekend...n...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: Well I seem to have surprised all of my friends that I went to the Bon Jovi concert over the weekend...not sure why everyone is so surprised. I enjoy listening to a variety of music & the concert was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!
--hide--

Good for you Brenda!!! When my major professor and some of the other archs went to the U2 concert at the OU stadium, many of the young ones were totally stunned LOL. . .I love that.

Mar 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: Within the last 6 months it was suggested I go on line to meet someone (a man). A few months later I...
(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: Within the last 6 months it was suggested I go on line to meet someone (a man). A few months later I joined CM. I declined their offer to do my profile.
--hide--

To clarify: I declined my friend's offer to do my profile. So my fate, as "they say" is solely in my hands.scratchchin

Mar 19th 2013 new
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: Good for you Brenda!!! When my major professor and some of the other archs went to the U2 con...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

Good for you Brenda!!! When my major professor and some of the other archs went to the U2 concert at the OU stadium, many of the young ones were totally stunned LOL. . .I love that.

--hide--

What is funny is that I have been going to concerts for quite awhile now...and this one just made them go wow?
Posts 21 - 30 of 39