Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

Dec 15th 2012 new
(Quote) Kevin-40666 said: So the way it works is she dumps the water on herself, and that ...
(Quote) Kevin-40666 said:

So the way it works is she dumps the water on herself,

and that cools the frustration of trying to get

the kid to get up ?

--hide--

Lol, that's clever!
Dec 17th 2012 new
(Quote) David-903579 said: I was serious about the water, why not? I'm sure it would get him up, and prevent this rather serious prob...
(Quote) David-903579 said:

I was serious about the water, why not? I'm sure it would get him up, and prevent this rather serious problem of him ignoring his mother.
Other suggestions? Well, grab his leg and drag him out of bed. Um, OR...you could just let HIM be the parent, as apparently has been the case. No offense at all intended, just my two cents. Any time you permit your child to ignore your request, you are asking for trouble. Whatever you do, it must be immediate and effective, or you are going to be dealing with laziness and disobediance in other areas.

--hide--

clap clap You are so on the mark, David! I can speak from experience. My brothers and I were difficult to wake at times, and there were really only two things that got our attention. My dad's belt, and ice water.

I'll say this; parents can't be squemish. If they are, the kids will pay for it later. Take charge! And for the good of the kids, never, never, EVER let them get the upper hand over the parents.
Feb 8th 2013 new

Kat, which method did you use and what kind of success did you have?

Mar 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Edward-512961 said: You are so on the mark, David! I can speak from experience. My brothers and I were difficult to...
(Quote) Edward-512961 said:

You are so on the mark, David! I can speak from experience. My brothers and I were difficult to wake at times, and there were really only two things that got our attention. My dad's belt, and ice water.

I'll say this; parents can't be squemish. If they are, the kids will pay for it later. Take charge! And for the good of the kids, never, never, EVER let them get the upper hand over the parents.
--hide--

That's because you live in TX....kids still listen there...well, so far. I heard a story recently that a parent here in PA got CPS called on them for just spanking their child....ridiculous. Especially since these kids don't listen at all in the city schools starting at a very young age.

Anyway, regarding the question....my son was grumpy with me once when I woke him up so I simply told him I wasn't waking him up anymore because I don't need the abuse; thus, he never was grumpy again when I woke him because he didn't hear his alarm, but as you can see, he is a really good kid because he understood. (I let him read this and he added "and no belt.) laughing

Posts 31 - 34 of 34