Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Thank you for posting this, Jessica. Rush seems to have it right.Reading this,...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Thank you for posting this, Jessica. Rush seems to have it right.

Reading this, I was thinking that the media seems to think that the church needs to change to get more
members. The church is actually there, in all her majesty and tradition, to support human nature and
dignity and help all of us find God.

One cannot find God on your own terms, and with your own ideas, that deviate from the path for finding
Him. In other words, we need the Church, the Church does not need us. The media thinks the opposite.

I would like to relate something that some very close friends who are Orthodox Jews told me. They said
that Judaism around the world is shrinking but we don't want people to become Jews. It is not easy to be
a Jew. It is a hard life. This family has the same values that we as Catholics have. No abortion, no
divorce, and they follow the strict Jewish laws on Sabbath. (My friends also happen to be very conservative.)

That makes me think of those who want the church to change. No we want the members of the Church to
be saved.

--hide--
If I recall correctly, Pope Emeritus Benedict had stated that he was ok with smaller Church membership, emphasizing quality over quantity. It seems contrary to the Year of Faith and the evangelization efforts, but he was looking for devout, faithful members who would reach out to others who had quit practicing their Faith.

The media has implanted the idea that the Church must change with the times. The Church's doctrines are exactly that. They might be refined to a limited degree, but never changed. If the media expects the Church to bow to the demands of modernism, the members of the media are sadly mistaken and will be disappointed.

We still need The Rock -- consistent in its teachings so that we have something to rely upon continually

Mar 17th 2013 new
Thanks Jessica, TERRIFIC article!!!
Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-951024 said: Ya'll are very welcome! And yes, Marianne, I completely agree with you. When I read about h...
(Quote) Jessica-951024 said:

Ya'll are very welcome! And yes, Marianne, I completely agree with you. When I read about how the liberal media is responding (and shocked) that the Pope actually stands with Church teaching on abortion, contraception, etc. (who knew?!) I couldn't believe it. I know they're out to push their own agenda and destroy the Church, but I was still speechless that they actually hope we'd get women priests and that the Pope would relax his views on abortion and the like to "attract the young people." If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!

--hide--

Aren't you getting tired of listening to all this media falseness.

All they talk about is Pope Francis living so frugally, cooking his own meals, taking the train, etc. So what!
That does not define a Pope. Being Jesuit can have some indication, but really, no one knows.

We have our church and its doctrine, and they never discuss doctrine. The reporting is not accurate.

Good thread, Jessica.

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: If I recall correctly, Pope Emeritus Benedict had stated that he was ok with smaller Church members...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

If I recall correctly, Pope Emeritus Benedict had stated that he was ok with smaller Church membership, emphasizing quality over quantity. It seems contrary to the Year of Faith and the evangelization efforts, but he was looking for devout, faithful members who would reach out to others who had quit practicing their Faith.

The media has implanted the idea that the Church must change with the times. The Church's doctrines are exactly that. They might be refined to a limited degree, but never changed. If the media expects the Church to bow to the demands of modernism, the members of the media are sadly mistaken and will be disappointed.

We still need The Rock -- consistent in its teachings so that we have something to rely upon continually

--hide--

Yes, that is exactly what I was trying to say. The pushy media thinks they are going to change the church. No
way.

Last night on the radio, I heard a woman interviewed, who was born a catholic, but left the church because it would
not change with the times. In my head I knew she left the church because she did not want to abide by the
Church's rules. I wish the media got it right and told the story as it is.

Yes, we need quality people, and a secure "Rock" to help get us through to heaven.

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Aren't you getting tired of listening to all this media falseness. All the...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Aren't you getting tired of listening to all this media falseness.

All they talk about is Pope Francis living so frugally, cooking his own meals, taking the train, etc. So what!
That does not define a Pope. Being Jesuit can have some indication, but really, no one knows.

We have our church and its doctrine, and they never discuss doctrine. The reporting is not accurate.

Good thread, Jessica.

--hide--

You're exactly right, and thank you! Yes, I'm so sick of them concentrating on little trivial things that don't really matter. If he, in fact, does live frugally, then that is a testament to his character, but you're right, that's not everything about him. If they discuss doctrine, it's in the hopes that somehow the next pope will change it. Doctrine does not change, and that's something a lot of people can't understand because so many today give in to society and "the norm", so when someone or something doesn't, that's incomprehensible to them.

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-951024 said: www.rushlimbaugh.com.

www.rushlimbaugh.com

This is an AWESOME article!! Rush is right on!!

--hide--
I got about half way through it and love it so far....will continue on when I have a few more minutes.

Mar 17th 2013 new

Go Rush!

Mar 17th 2013 new

Thanks for posting the transcript.

Today at Mass we had Catechumens come up, and when they did the Priest mentioned something about praying that their eyes were open to the deceptions of the world so that they would not be fooled.

Politics and political pundits are great decievers, and even when they appear to be truthful never forget they are great con artists. Deception is everywhere; even in our language.

meditate on this:

Pray to God/Prey to God

Parish/Perish

Certainly I am not condemning the act of "prayer," as it is necessary, but the English language has been corrupted from its begining by the greatest deciever of them all.

John 16:12-13

"I have much more to tell you, but you cannot bear it now. But when he comes, the Spirit of truth, he will guide you to all truth."

Mar 20th 2013 new

I bet if you put Hannity, Rush, Levin, and Pope Franics all in one room, it would be the most legit discussion you have ever heard. Thanks for the article! Always enjoy it when these guys talk about the Catholic Church.

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-951024 said: www.rushlimbaugh.com.

www.rushlimbaugh.com

This is an AWESOME article!! Rush is right on!!

--hide--

I heard a lot of his show the day after Pope Francis' election and he was 'right on'.. He was talking about the issue of Catholic's wanting the Church to change to suit them rather than they following what the Church teaches.. He was describing the difference between Doctrine and Dogma and telling people 'If you don't like the tenets of your faith, then you need to leave, because those things cannot be changed by any Pope.' He mentioned Priests marrying and women becoming priests as examples.. A Pope can allow priests to marry if he chooses to, but he cannot allow women to be ordained, ever..

Posts 21 - 30 of 32