Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernadette-874299 said: All of you have given great advice on this subject - WOW! The Mass, Rosary, Brown Scapular, ...
(Quote) Bernadette-874299 said:

All of you have given great advice on this subject - WOW! The Mass, Rosary, Brown Scapular, as well as the Way of the Cross attended, prayed, or worn daily are great ways of keeping thoughts from straying. Additionally, keeping away from tv shows, magazines and company that could tempt towards unchaste thoughts is additionally essential. Also, when you're with a person that you're really attracted to, keep it in a public place, don't stay in a vehicle with each other for more than the ride to and from your destination (if you want to talk, get out of the car and walk), don't ever be in each other's homes/apartments alone together, and if the temptation is strong, by all means, bring a chaperone (I have brothers, so this is easy ^_^), or go on double dates!

--hide--

Hi Bernadette! One guy I dated was raised Southern Baptist. His minister would tell young couples to put a bible between them in the car! If that doesn't do the trick, I don't know what will! Chelle

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Chelle-924354 said: Hi Bernadette! One guy I dated was raised Southern Baptist. His minister would tell ...
(Quote) Chelle-924354 said:

Hi Bernadette! One guy I dated was raised Southern Baptist. His minister would tell young couples to put a bible between them in the car! If that doesn't do the trick, I don't know what will! Chelle

--hide--

Hello Chelle! wave

Wow! You know, that does sound like a pretty good idea, keeping a Bible in the front seat of the car at all times. It's a reminder of "Lead me not into temptation." theheart

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Thanks, Bernadette! That's very well worth it. The cheap ones that are b...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

Thanks, Bernadette! That's very well worth it. The cheap ones that are breaking are around $3, so I'd pay $20 at this point to get one that will cooperate with me. I wake up and have to look for where it disappeared to. I'm beginning to have a collection of these. lol

--hide--

You're quite welcome, Tara! biggrin

As for your collection, bury them around the four corners of your house. wink

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) William-607613 said: (Quote) Pat-5351 said: Some think that we can have a civil and charitabl...
(Quote) William-607613 said:

Quote:
Pat-5351 said:

Some think that we can have a civil and charitable conversation about the important issue of chastity in this room. I said I would put something up and see if that is indeed possible!

So, what is your best piece of advice to an adult trying to live a chaste and pure life?

"More souls go to Hell because of sins of the flesh than for any other reason. " --Our Lady to the children at Fatima

How can we as adult (not teenaged) Catholics help ourselves to save our souls from the sins of impurity?

I will go first:

Wear on your person a blessed sacramental at all times. The miraculous medal, the brown scapular, a crucifix (not a cross, a crucifix). Wear it always, not taking it off for anything. There is grace and power in sacramentals, and it is a physical reminder of to Whom you belong, and Who has given you this body, and Who dwells within you.

If you are tempted, you will have to, as an act of your will, physiclaly remove this sacramental if you are to proceed with whatever you were going to do. It will be a physical sign that you are separating yourself from God, that you are doing it willingly, with full knowledge. That's enough to give you pause and a chance to change your mind.

One has to pray the Rosary. The importance of praying the Rosary to avoid sin and the near occasions of sin cannot be overstated.

This is the third of the fifteen promises the Blessed Mother gave St. Dominic regarding the Rosary:

3. The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.

--hide--

I appreciate your candor. It has been communicated to me that if we post our interest in chastity on these forums, in front of strangers- that no one will want to date us. Is this something you or anyone HERE agrees with? ......SO that statement supports the idea that we can't REALLY be honest here about any of this.

Mar 20th 2013 new

I am so impressed with the young people who are posting on this topic. They seem to have a lot of resolve & conviction on the topic of chastity. So much of our media aimed toward young people promotes just the opposite view. Keep up your dedication to Christian/Catholic values & make a difference in this fallen world of ours!!!

Mar 20th 2013 new

When our Lady of Fatima said " More souls go to Hell because the sins of the flesh than any other reason" that really made me think. That was in 1917 when morals were so much more better around the world and especially in the USA. In 2013 look at our morals now with all the sexual sins everywhere to what men and women wear, with all the fornication, adultery, etc. I'd be scared to know how many more are falling into hell for it now:(

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Bob-59786 said: I think those who marry, with the PRIMARY goal of having a regular sex partner, might windu...
(Quote) Bob-59786 said:

I think those who marry, with the PRIMARY goal of having a regular sex partner, might windup in an unhappy marriage?

--hide--

I have a friend who married because she and her boyfriend at the time didn't want to have sex before marriage. (They both had been married before). Seems like they had sex on the brain. They divorced less than 2 years later. So sad!

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Veronica-56352 said: (Quote) Bob-59786 said: I think those who marry, with the PRIMA...
(Quote) Veronica-56352 said:

Quote:
Bob-59786 said:

I think those who marry, with the PRIMARY goal of having a regular sex partner, might windup in an unhappy marriage?

I have a friend who married because she and her boyfriend at the time didn't want to have sex before marriage. (They both had been married before). Seems like they had sex on the brain. They divorced less than 2 years later. So sad!

--hide--

Yes this is an important point- which cautuions anyone about rushing, for ANY reason.

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Carol-737878 said: I am so impressed with the young people who are posting on this topic. They seem to have a lot of...
(Quote) Carol-737878 said:

I am so impressed with the young people who are posting on this topic. They seem to have a lot of resolve & conviction on the topic of chastity. So much of our media aimed toward young people promotes just the opposite view. Keep up your dedication to Christian/Catholic values & make a difference in this fallen world of ours!!!

--hide--

Thank you. The person who said this insinuated that if One believes in chastity and says it in the coed rooms, it would cause another human being to conlude that they would be opposed to sex after marriage. This is a completely unfounded conclusion to make about anyone. The conversation about that sort of thing should take place between the couple and the couple should discern somethiong of that nature. However It was told to me that someone who is lurking would draw these types of conclusions from reading how persons want to uphold the VIRTUE of chastity.

the conlusion wpould be that you would nto have any interest in sex after marriage.

Frankly I would not want to date someone who would be so impulsive and unable to tease things out with a prostective date,as to draw a conclusion from posts that do not say anything of the sort.

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernadette-874299 said: You're quite welcome, Tara! As for your collection, bu...
(Quote) Bernadette-874299 said:

You're quite welcome, Tara!

As for your collection, bury them around the four corners of your house.

--hide--

Oooohhhh, good idea! Thanks!

Posts 31 - 40 of 200