Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Veronica-56352 said: (Quote) Bob-59786 said: I think those who marry, with the PRIMA...
(Quote) Veronica-56352 said:

Quote:
Bob-59786 said:

I think those who marry, with the PRIMARY goal of having a regular sex partner, might windup in an unhappy marriage?

I have a friend who married because she and her boyfriend at the time didn't want to have sex before marriage. (They both had been married before). Seems like they had sex on the brain. They divorced less than 2 years later. So sad!

--hide--

I know of a couple cases like this too. In fact, I really don't know of any success stories of chaste dating. Not that I don't think its possible just that I think couples need to be be honest with themselves and their partner for what they need to build a healthy relationship.

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: I appreciate your candor. It has been communicated to me that if we post our interest in chastity...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

I appreciate your candor. It has been communicated to me that if we post our interest in chastity on these forums, in front of strangers- that no one will want to date us. Is this something you or anyone HERE agrees with? ......SO that statement supports the idea that we can't REALLY be honest here about any of this.

--hide--

But anyone who reviews our profiles could see what we are saying here by simply looking at our answer to the question regarding pre-marital sex.

Mar 20th 2013 new

William, I think perhaps others think there is a disconnect between what one says they believe (like in a response to the 7 questions), and what they are really trying to do in real life (like a post about chaste living would suggest).

So maybe there is a thought that lots of us say "I believe" to the premarital sex question, but don't necessarily conclude that we mean it, or tjat we mean it in the fullest sense of chastity (no ABI as someone above suggested, no "parties for one", etc.)

So can see how maybe posting about it gives a fuller, truer, more serious spin to a "yes" to that premarital sex question.

But I am with Marian, if someone thinks that is some statement about how one feels about sex after marriage, or that one is a prude, I agree: that is a ridiculous conclusion, and if someone is prone to think that way about me, let them; they are not for me anyway.

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: I appreciate your candor. It has been communicated to me that if we post our interest in ...

I appreciate your candor. It has been communicated to me that if we post our interest in chastity on these forums, in front of strangers- that no one will want to date us. Is this something you or anyone HERE agrees with? ......SO that statement supports the idea that we can't REALLY be honest here about any of this.

--hide--

Marian, the people who are turned off by anyone's interest in chastity are precisely the people I want to stay away from. (I hope that came out right)

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Darrin-306390 said: When our Lady of Fatima said " More souls go to Hell because the sins of the flesh than any...
(Quote) Darrin-306390 said:

When our Lady of Fatima said " More souls go to Hell because the sins of the flesh than any other reason" that really made me think. That was in 1917 when morals were so much more better around the world and especially in the USA. In 2013 look at our morals now with all the sexual sins everywhere to what men and women wear, with all the fornication, adultery, etc. I'd be scared to know how many more are falling into hell for it now:(

--hide--

That comment at Fatima by the Blessed Mother made me sit up and think as well. I ended up coming to the same conclusion you did.

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) As for your collection, bury them around the four corners of your house.
(Quote)

As for your collection, bury them around the four corners of your house.

--hide--

laughing laughing laughing Things only a Catholic would say or understand. I was thinking the same thing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: I wear a scapular to sleep. I've had a few fall apart on me because I gu...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

I wear a scapular to sleep. I've had a few fall apart on me because I guess they detach when I'm sleeping. lol Thankfully, they're inexpensive. I just bought one about a week ago, and it "broke" a day or two later.

--hide--

Wow, that's pretty cheap. My last scapula lasted nine years!

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: Wow, that's pretty cheap. My last scapula lasted nine years!
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

--hide--

What do you do that your shoulder blade wore out after 9 years? eyepopping

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: Wow, that's pretty cheap. My last scapula lasted nine years!
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

--hide--

How did you get a scapular to last none years? I killed two within the last few months. Someone at my church just gave me a longer scapular and I am hoping this one lasts!

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: I appreciate your candor. It has been communicated to me that if we post our interest in ...

--hide--

I'm sure there are some who will not be inclined to date those who are clear about their intention to maintain a chaste relationship. Thank the Lord for allowing you to dodge that bullet.

Posts 41 - 50 of 200