Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Hey all you central Illinoisans (and any other interested parties), Lucy (41785) and I are planning a dinner and Mass get-together on Saturday, April 6th. We were thinking possibly Bloomington - Holy Trinity church and restaurant to be determined. The location isn't set in stone, though, it will really depend on the response we get from other CMer's...if we get a lot of responses from Springfield, Decatur, and this area then maybe we will meet in Springfield. If we get more responses from Peoria, Bloomington, Quad cities then probably will meet in Bloomington....So please post and give us your ideas, opinions, thoughts, etc...on location, restuarant, church.....and tell us that you're joining in the fun! wave

CM get-togethers are a great opportunity for fellowship with other single Catholics, and they are always a good time...you will definitely make new friends and maybe meet that special someone (the reasons you probably joined CM). Take a chance and join in - you won't regret it. wink

Feel free to post questions here or you can also message me. Hope to hear from you!

Mar 19th 2013 new

Hi, Helen! wave I look forward to seeing if some other people are going to join us!

Mar 20th 2013 new
I'd be interested, especially if Spring shows up by then!
Mar 20th 2013 new

Hi, Steven, it will be nice if you can join us...we will be glad to have you as we will definitely have a good time! :) I'm hoping Spring shows up soon as well....any thoughts/opinions on where to go Springfield, Bloomington...??? scratchchin

Okay, where are the rest of you central Illinoisans? CM Get-togethers are a great way too make new friends! wave Don't be shy. angel

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Lucy-41785 said: Hi, Helen! I look forward to seeing if some other people are going to join us!
(Quote) Lucy-41785 said:

Hi, Helen! I look forward to seeing if some other people are going to join us!

--hide--
Me, too, Lucy.

Mar 20th 2013 new
Awesome! Thanks for letting me know. I will probably be able to go. Keep updated
Mar 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Heather-705104 said: Awesome! Thanks for letting me know. I will probably be able to go. Keep updated
(Quote) Heather-705104 said: Awesome! Thanks for letting me know. I will probably be able to go. Keep updated
--hide--

Great, Heather, we look forward to meeting you. wave Any thoughts/preferences on where to meet-up?

Mar 21st 2013 new
Well, if we are doing mass at holy trinity, I think mass at 430. As far as restaurants, not much is right around there except bars. A few miles away along Veterans, there's famous Dave's, TGIFridays I think. Clear across town there's more. There's la gondola, avanti's... I guess if people put down suggestions of what they would like (Mexican, Italian, steak, etc). I can throw out so e suggestions. Boys and I maybe going to a football game there tomorrow night so I'll keep an eye out for ideas.
Mar 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Heather-705104 said: Well, if we are doing mass at holy trinity, I think mass at 430. As far as restaurants, not much is ri...
(Quote) Heather-705104 said: Well, if we are doing mass at holy trinity, I think mass at 430. As far as restaurants, not much is right around there except bars. A few miles away along Veterans, there's famous Dave's, TGIFridays I think. Clear across town there's more. There's la gondola, avanti's... I guess if people put down suggestions of what they would like (Mexican, Italian, steak, etc). I can throw out so e suggestions. Boys and I maybe going to a football game there tomorrow night so I'll keep an eye out for ideas.
--hide--

Okay, so your preference is Bloomington as opposed to Springfield? Yes, I recall there is not much around Holy Trinity but it is a nice old church and they have a Saturday evening Mass....I thought Lucy posted a link to the parish??? Thanks for your suggestions, Heather....I hope we hear from some more folks (hint hint). wink I think we can be open to any central Illinois town that has a restaurant Chef and a Mass on the 6th (Saturday). Praying

Mar 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Helen-407474 said: Okay, so your preference is Bloomington as opposed to Springfield? Yes, I recall ther...
(Quote) Helen-407474 said:

Okay, so your preference is Bloomington as opposed to Springfield? Yes, I recall there is not much around Holy Trinity but it is a nice old church and they have a Saturday evening Mass....I thought Lucy posted a link to the parish??? Thanks for your suggestions, Heather....I hope we hear from some more folks (hint hint). I think we can be open to any central Illinois town that has a restaurant and a Mass on the 6th (Saturday).

--hide--

Perhaps I posted a link in a private e-mail to you, Helen. Regardless, here is one now:

www.holytrinitybloomington.org

(I just use trusty old http://www.masstimes.org!)

It doesn't matter to me for a location. Have car, can travel - especially once nicer weather has arrived! And, uh, I'm not too picky about food, either. wink

Posts 1 - 10 of 35