Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Mar 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Actually Claudine, my encouragement was to bring someone into the Faith of th...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Actually Claudine, my encouragement was to bring someone into the Faith of the Catholic Church (I wasn't even thinking of this as a possible date - these days during Lent my focus seems to be on prayer!)

That said, when I meet someone new, I prefer to start the meeting with Mass and then lunch to follow!

--hide--

OK I see, I misunderstood you and Lea.

I agree, going to Mass would be a great first meet-up--I just meant that I'm "old-fashioned" and wouldn't do the asking out part :)

Mar 21st 2013 new

Well, we are in the home stretch. Now, more than ever, it is important for us to continue our daily Masses and Readings for the remainder of Lent - so just a bit over a week more! Let us flood heaven with our Prayers and Masses as we finish up Lent! Praying theheart

Mar 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Well, we are in the home stretch. Now, more than ever, it is important for us to continue our d...

Well, we are in the home stretch. Now, more than ever, it is important for us to continue our daily Masses and Readings for the remainder of Lent - so just a bit over a week more! Let us flood heaven with our Prayers and Masses as we finish up Lent!

--hide--

Praying theheart rosary

Mar 23rd 2013 new
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: (Quote) Edward-4511 said: Unfortunately, because of my work schedule, and the schedule of the...

Quote:
Edward-4511 said: Unfortunately, because of my work schedule, and the schedule of the parishes in this area, it is not possible for me to go to Mass every single day. My home parish used to have daily Mass at 7 AM, but my pastor recently changed it to 8, which is the same time I start work. I am going to try to do the Nine First Fridays starting in March.

Edward, thank you for joining us (as you are able to with your work schedule and limited Mass times). Father said again at a Mass I went to during this week, that for those unable to go to daily Mass, doing the daily Readings is a good way to become closer to Christ during Lent. And, you can view these on the internet in many places, I understand, such as your archdiocesan website or the U.S. bishops site (I think).

If anyone here knows the best place to find the daily readings online, would you please post a link in this thread. Thank you!

--hide--
Following up on this a few weeks later: I tried to go to First Friday this month - took off an hour early from work so I could go to confession and Mass at St. John's - and when I got there, there was a note saying NO Mass or confession that day. irked There was the Blessed Sacrament exposed on the altar so I spent a few minutes in prayer.
Mar 24th 2013 new

I hope and pray many people are going to daily Mass or as often as they can during Lent -- the blessings are too many to ignore! Patricia has left CM and asked me, as her friend and also a daily Communicant, to encourage others to keep up the practice and share the blessings. I started going to daily Mass many years ago and can really feel the difference when I've gone even 5 days without Mass! This past week week I was unable to go to Mass on Thursday and Friday because my youngest daughter was very sick, so caring for her was more important. I'm so glad she is feeling better and my daughters and I can partake in all the Masses and other church activities of Holy Week. I pray for all of CM at daily Mass and during the rosary I pray afterward, and for the other Catholic groups I'm in too, as well as many other intentions. May your Holy Week be very fruitful.

Mar 25th 2013 new

I'll be praying for all CM at daily Mass this morning -- have a great, uplifting, deep Holy Week!

Mar 25th 2013 new

I'm heading to Chrism Mass tonight with a friend. Looking forward to praying the mass for tomorrow's March for Marriage.

Mar 28th 2013 new

Praying for everyone going to daily Mass, and those who would like to but can't, and those who need help going.

Mar 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: Praying for everyone going to daily Mass, and those who would like to but can't, and those w...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

Praying for everyone going to daily Mass, and those who would like to but can't, and those who need help going.

--hide--

Many blessings to everyone who took this opportunity to attend daily Mass or do the Mass readings daily during Lent this season! May you have a joyful and blessed Easter season Praying theheart wave

Apr 3rd 2013 new
(Quote) Linda-442926 said: Many blessings to everyone who took this opportunity to attend daily Mass or d...
(Quote) Linda-442926 said:

Many blessings to everyone who took this opportunity to attend daily Mass or do the Mass readings daily during Lent this season! May you have a joyful and blessed Easter season

--hide--

Thank you Patricia for suggesting daily mass. I was able to attend everyday during leant. I also will do my best to continue. Happy Easter and God Bless.
Posts 141 - 150 of 150