Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Mar 21st 2013 new

I am convinced that some Catholics will never, ever be happy with any Pope until you they can personally handpick your own choice or become Pope themselves. Complain, complain, complain! Pope Francis has not even been in office for hardly one single week and some apparently just cannot help themselves to just nit-pick every single thing that doesn't meet their personal preference. Good grief! Perhaps anyone fitting this description should go start your own personal church if they just can't be sufficiently satisfied by the leader in the Catholic Church.

Perhaps such persons can try being charitable (for a change) and see if they might actually learn something valuable from our new Pope.... instead of looking under every rock for something else that they don't like. I would say to give up the complaining for Lent, but unfortunately there is only one week left until Easter.

Tired of the constant whining.

Just my thoughts.

Ed

Mar 21st 2013 new

Paul,

I agree with your comments. My understanding is that the great opposition Pope Francis (then cardinal) in Argentina was because he boldly opposed the communist or Marxist Liberation Theology movement.

Ed

Mar 21st 2013 new

(Quote) ED-20630 said: I am convinced that some Catholics will never, ever be happy with any Pope until you they can persona...
(Quote) ED-20630 said:

I am convinced that some Catholics will never, ever be happy with any Pope until you they can personally handpick your own choice or become Pope themselves. Complain, complain, complain! Pope Francis has not even been in office for hardly one single week and some apparently just cannot help themselves to just nit-pick every single thing that doesn't meet their personal preference. Good grief! Perhaps anyone fitting this description should go start your own personal church if they just can't be sufficiently satisfied by the leader in the Catholic Church.

Perhaps such persons can try being charitable (for a change) and see if they might actually learn something valuable from our new Pope.... instead of looking under every rock for something else that they don't like. I would say to give up the complaining for Lent, but unfortunately there is only one week left until Easter.

Tired of the constant whining.

Just my thoughts.

Ed

--hide--
The Thread is about the Latin Mass,the Pope, and whether he will be favorable towards it Ed.Nobody wants to pick the Pope,start a Church,and nobody is whining.Your attitude is very uncharitable.

Mar 21st 2013 new

Your defensiveness makes me think you could feel your ears burning.... as I didn't mention anyone in particular. scratchchin

en.wiktionary.org

Ed

Mar 21st 2013 new

(Quote) ED-20630 said: Your defensiveness makes me think you could feel your ears burning.... as I didn't mention anyone...
(Quote) ED-20630 said:

Your defensiveness makes me think you could feel your ears burning.... as I didn't mention anyone in particular.

en.wiktionary.org

Ed

--hide--

Let's not get personal here, guys....

Mar 22nd 2013 new

Bernard,

From your prior post you wrote... "Lets hope he (Pope Francis) cooperates with the Holy Ghost."

Do you have some reason to believe that Pope Francis will not cooperate with the Holy Ghost? If so, what might those reason/s be?

Ed

Mar 22nd 2013 new

Bernard,

By your prior post you seem to imply that if Pope Francis were to not agree with your point of view on this issue, then he is not cooperating with the Holy Ghost and that he should be considered a "bad Pope". Why the innuendo about this new Pope?... Or perhaps I am not reading your comments properly.

Ed

Mar 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) ED-20630 said: Bernard, By your prior post you seem to imply that if Pope Francis were to
(Quote) ED-20630 said:

Bernard,

By your prior post you seem to imply that if Pope Francis were to not agree with your point of view on this issue, then he is not cooperating with the Holy Ghost and that he should be considered a "bad Pope". Why the innuendo about this new Pope?... Or perhaps I am not reading your comments properly.

Ed

--hide--

Ed,

There are many (have been there myself) who are abused for attending the TLM, not embracing divorce, not believing in Communion in the Hand, opposing contraception and sex before marriage among many other things. The times we are in encourage us to not be Catholic (by traditional standards). If we can agree that there is such a thing as the Truth that means someone is right and someone on the opposing team is wrong. That is what I tell my friends when we have discussions (eg either gay marriage is right or it is wrong- there is no gray area).

I don't believe that the average Catholic in any category is hoping that the new Pope is bad so that they can jump onto a Catholic Match Forum and write with pleasure about the lack of orthodoxy of the Holy Father. However, if the Pope was to kiss a statue of Buddha next week and kneel to get a blessing from the Dali Lama we are duty bound to say it is wrong and un-Catholic. There has been a consistent move away from what has been Catholic teaching for centuries. One way of looking at it is that the Church taught in error for centuries and another way of looking at it is that the Church is teaching in error now in many places. I wrote this elsewhere as it a current. On Palm Sunday, if you attend the average Novus Ordo Mass, during the reading of the horrific and brutal Passion of Christ think about the irony of your priest asking you to be seated for that Gospel because it is "too long" so that you can be in comfort.

Mar 23rd 2013 new

Gabor,

When you approach your Catholic faith from the standpoint that your way is only correct way and all else that differs is untruthful, then it is no wonder that you see only your views as the TRUTH and every other Catholic that differs as "being on the opposing team" (your words) and "wrong". How sad. I have always thought that the Catholic Church was strong enough to embrace both the Latin and the newer mass.... and so have our recent Popes.

Receiving the Eucharist in the hand or on the tongue are both permissible. You may not like it, but one is not "right" and another "wrong". That may change some day, but that is what is currently permissible. Of course, I sure that I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

You imply (or state) that the Church embraces divorce.... It does not, and it never has.

You imply (or state) that the Church does not oppose contraception.... It does oppose it, and it always has.

You imply (or state) that the Church does not oppose sex before marriage.... It does oppose it, and it always has.

You imply (or state) that the Church does not oppose gay marriage.... I does oppose it, and it always has.

You imply (or state) that the Novus Ordo Mass is somehow "wrong" and only the TLM is "right". Both are permissible and equally valid Masses.

You imply (or state) that the certain teachings of the Church (or certain Popes) are in error or were in error, but that your beliefs and understandings are not in error. I'll stick with doing my best to follow the lead of Christ's Vicar. After all, he is the one appointed to that position under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, to lead all Catholics..... Not you.

It is no wonder that you meet much resistance, when you imply (or state) that other Catholics (in good standing) that differ from you are simply wrong or do not follow the TRUTH.

Respectfully,

Ed

Mar 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) ED-20630 said: Gabor, When you approach your Catholic faith from the standpoint that your way is only cor...
(Quote) ED-20630 said:

Gabor,

When you approach your Catholic faith from the standpoint that your way is only correct way and all else that differs is untruthful, then it is no wonder that you see only your views as the TRUTH and every other Catholic that differs as "being on the opposing team" (your words) and "wrong". How sad. I have always thought that the Catholic Church was strong enough to embrace both the Latin and the newer mass.... and so have our recent Popes.

Receiving the Eucharist in the hand or on the tongue are both permissible. You may not like it, but one is not "right" and another "wrong". That may change some day, but that is what is currently permissible. Of course, I sure that I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

You imply (or state) that the Church embraces divorce.... It does not, and it never has.

You imply (or state) that the Church does not oppose contraception.... It does oppose it, and it always has.

You imply (or state) that the Church does not oppose sex before marriage.... It does oppose it, and it always has.

You imply (or state) that the Church does not oppose gay marriage.... I does oppose it, and it always has.

You imply (or state) that the Novus Ordo Mass is somehow "wrong" and only the TLM is "right". Both are permissible and equally valid Masses.

You imply (or state) that the certain teachings of the Church (or certain Popes) are in error or were in error, but that your beliefs and understandings are not in error. I'll stick with doing my best to follow the lead of Christ's Vicar. After all, he is the one appointed to that position under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, to lead all Catholics..... Not you.

It is no wonder that you meet much resistance, when you imply (or state) that other Catholics (in good standing) that differ from you are simply wrong or do not follow the TRUTH.

Respectfully,

Ed

--hide--

Ed,

I suggest you re-read my post and address what I have actually written rather than what I am "implying" which is distorted beyond belief by you. The reason for my post was primarily in response to what you have written in a similar fashion to the previous gentleman (quite aggressively in tone in my humble opinion) and I don't blame him for not replying. We could write pages of opposing "personal views" about Catholic dogma, disciplines and beliefs and the reasonable point I have made is that you are either RIGHT or WRONG and the same goes for me. I also think that just because something is "permissible" does not make it right in God's eyes.

Re Pope Francis, there is no greater example of a Catholic than St Francis. Why didn't St Francis ever become a priest? It was because he did not consider himself worthy to touch the Body of Christ. What a great example the Saint is to us all. I suppose that today he would operate differently because "the times are a changin".

Posts 41 - 50 of 200