Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

I thought it would be fun to see how many people have low member numbers like myself? I am 106. I think at some point CM changed the numbering system.

03/22/2013 new

(Quote) Mary-106 said: I thought it would be fun to see how many people have low member numbers like myself? I am 106. I th...
(Quote) Mary-106 said:

I thought it would be fun to see how many people have low member numbers like myself? I am 106. I think at some point CM changed the numbering system.

--hide--

The only two with 3 digit or fewer member numbers I can think of off-hand who are still active are you and Jacqueline-198

If they had gone to base 36 (using 0-9 and A-Z), 4 digits would provide for 1,679,676 member numbers.

03/22/2013 new

(Quote) Mary-106 said: ... I am 106. ...
(Quote) Mary-106 said:

... I am 106. ...

--hide--

You look much younger. smile

03/22/2013 new

+JMJ+

Four digits here.

wave

03/22/2013 new

4 digits here -- joined in 2001 when it was St. Raphael's still....nothing to be proud of but maybe CM admin appreciates such long term customers.

This is the under 45 room--maybe moving this to the single life will get more responses!

03/22/2013 new

Speaking of numbers, since we are getting close to the 1000000th member of CM, I think they should get a free wedding or something, if they find their spouse on CM. That would be a great promotion!

03/22/2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: 4 digits here -- joined in 2001 when it was St. Raphael's still....nothing to be proud of but may...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

4 digits here -- joined in 2001 when it was St. Raphael's still....nothing to be proud of but maybe CM admin appreciates such long term customers.

This is the under 45 room--maybe moving this to the single life will get more responses!

--hide--

So, who can tell me when I joined based on my number - I think it was 2003, but it could have been 2004?

03/22/2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: So, who can tell me when I joined based on my number - I think it was 2003, but it cou...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

So, who can tell me when I joined based on my number - I think it was 2003, but it could have been 2004?

--hide--

I just answered my own question - I looked up account and then order history. And, it was April 26,2003. (hmmmm, 10 years is time to leave and my subscription ends May 4 - great timing!)

03/22/2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: 4 digits here -- joined in 2001 when it was St. Raphael's still....nothing to be proud of but may...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

--hide--

Maybe you could submit a help ticket?

(I won't though as the last time I asked a thread to be moved it turned into a mountain rather than a molehill laughing )

03/22/2013 new

The below was a post by a CM staff member on another thread. I think they get touchy when you point out certain things....

I am not disparaging the site, it's just my personality that I like to know hard and cold facts. How many active members does CM actually have? Things like that... I think it's because I am the daughter of an engineer :)

Brian-278516

I hate to tell some of you but. When I first signed up for CatholicMatch it was not even called CatholicMatch and my member# was 2. It took roughly 10-11 years before I finally met my wife. While I have been involved with CatholicMatch since day one and always found it to be the most ideal place to meet women who I thought potentially could end up being my wife that does not mean I stopped being open or looking other places. Football games, parties, bars, Church you name it I always had my eye out. Even as a co-founder of the site I always viewed CatholicMatch as a tool and merely one method for the way I could possibly meet my spouse.

That is why it often saddens mean when I hear people say "Oh I get nothing out of this site" or "This site does not work for me." To me that is a kin to buying a hammer and sitting it on a desk and using it as a paper weight and saying. "Awe this hammer does not work for me." CatholicMatch has as much to do with finiding a spouse as a hammer does in buidling a house. It is a tool but it is how the tool is used by the person that makes all the difference. When I say "how you use the tool" I am not simply talking about if you are web/tech savy. I am talking about how it is used in the context of your life, so your interpersonal skills, how you feel about yourself, how you approach meeting people and dating are all things that contribute to using CatholicMatch as a tool.

We try to generally do our best to provide seven things. 1. A tecnically sound site that works. 2. A good user experience 3. As robust a community as possible where our users have the maximium ability to meet people who could be a potential spouse 5. Tools that facilitate communication and intridcutions for the purpose of romantic as well as friendly realtionships. 6. A support community where singles can grow in their faith, find friendship and understand they are not alone. 7. Resources that assist our users and Catholics as large as living and understanding the single lifestyle better. If we do those seven things well enough then no matter if a person meets their spouse through CatholicMatch or not we feel like we have provided a service that made their life better and that we acted as a good companion while they are or were single. Again that is what makes our service different we do not just focus on matching people and dating or hooking up like the large secular sites we try to focus on how we can benefit the whole person because we simply don't know when or if they will meet Mr. or Mrs. right only God knows that.

We recognice that we can always improve in all these areas and we try to do that EVERY day. Some days are better than others but we do it with a small staff of 12 along with some independent writers and we try to provide a healthy working enviroment where our staff wants to work for us.

Posts 1 - 10 of 56