Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

For some reason, most of the ladies that appear in my "matches" section are well outside of my age range. It's somewhat disappointing to check my new matches only to find out that the vast majority are out of my range.

Is there something I need to change in my match protrait to stop this from happening? Do I need to re-submit an age range or something? (It's been so long since I filled out the match protrait -- April 2012 -- that I can't remember if CM even asked for an age range in there.)

Thanks for any help and God bless,
Steve

P.S.: How does one go about changing their match portrait if they need to? I don't see an option to do so...

Mar 22nd 2013 new

Go to your profile and hover over Search in the top bar, then click on 'saved searches.' Then click 'edit' to the right under your 'primary search' and you can change the ages for youngest and oldest you want to show up in your results .
You can also change who you see by then clicking on the Appearance, Bavkground, Lifrstyle and Faith buttons to the left.
It really helps to narrow the people who show up! I hope this helps!

Mar 22nd 2013 new

Thet matches have nothing to do with your searches. YOu are matched based on psychological profiling, and it has nothing to do with your beliefs (7/7) where you live, or your age preferences.

That is searching; Steve is talking abotu the auto matches that the computer sends you to check out.

I don't think there is anyway to combine the two (tell the computer to read your preferences, and screen out any matches that don't match your personal preference criteria.)

Mar 22nd 2013 new

Hi Steve. I noticed the same issue with some of my matches as well. At the top of the Matches page, the following paragraph appears:

Our new matching system generates matches for you by comparing the results of your Match Portrait with those of other members. The Match Portrait test was developed specifically for CatholicMatch with the help of Catholic psychiatrist and counselor Dr. Mark Frederick. In addition to the match portrait, we use some of the criteria that you specify in your Primary Search to help deliver better matches. Please be aware that matches are being recommended primarily on the results of the match portrait, so they may not always be a perfect fit in terms of your ideal age or other "search" criteria. As potential matches are found, you will be asked if you are interested in the match. If both you and the other member express interest in the match, a notification will be sent to both of you. You can still send communication to a match right away, or you can wait to see if they are interested using our double blind system. If you aren't interested in the match, just click no. Your feedback here will help us deliver better matches in the future. This system is in beta, and we are still working to improve the matches and the flow of the process.

I'm not sure if redoing the match portrait will help resolve the problem, but I think you can contact customer support under the help topics and request to retake it. Hopefully, as the matching system improves our ideal age range will be used as a factor in selecting matches for us.

Mar 22nd 2013 new
oops -- my misunderstanding -- sorry
Mar 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Thet matches have nothing to do with your searches. YOu are matched based on psychological profiling,...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

Thet matches have nothing to do with your searches. YOu are matched based on psychological profiling, and it has nothing to do with your beliefs (7/7) where you live, or your age preferences.

That is searching; Steve is talking abotu the auto matches that the computer sends you to check out.

I don't think there is anyway to combine the two (tell the computer to read your preferences, and screen out any matches that don't match your personal preference criteria.)

--hide--

Thanks for the explanation, Pat! I wish there was a way to combine the two (searches and matches). It would eliminate a bunch of so-called "matches" that aren't real matches.

It seems strange that CM would say that you are "matched" with someone when they don't fit many of your criteria...

CM staff, could you look into combining the match profile with our search criteria. That would really help!

Mar 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Christy-661564 said: Hi Steve. I noticed the same issue with some of my matches as well. At the top of the Matches p...
(Quote) Christy-661564 said:

Hi Steve. I noticed the same issue with some of my matches as well. At the top of the Matches page, the following paragraph appears:

Our new matching system generates matches for you by comparing the results of your Match Portrait with those of other members. The Match Portrait test was developed specifically for CatholicMatch with the help of Catholic psychiatrist and counselor Dr. Mark Frederick. In addition to the match portrait, we use some of the criteria that you specify in your Primary Search to help deliver better matches. Please be aware that matches are being recommended primarily on the results of the match portrait, so they may not always be a perfect fit in terms of your ideal age or other "search" criteria. As potential matches are found, you will be asked if you are interested in the match. If both you and the other member express interest in the match, a notification will be sent to both of you. You can still send communication to a match right away, or you can wait to see if they are interested using our double blind system. If you aren't interested in the match, just click no. Your feedback here will help us deliver better matches in the future. This system is in beta, and we are still working to improve the matches and the flow of the process.

I'm not sure if redoing the match portrait will help resolve the problem, but I think you can contact customer support under the help topics and request to retake it. Hopefully, as the matching system improves our ideal age range will be used as a factor in selecting matches for us.

--hide--

Christy, I guess I'm guilty of not reading that paragraph at the top of the matches page too well. My bad. Thanks for the insight. highfive I hope you're right that eventually the CM staff will include our criteria in the matches feature. Right now, it seems that the "match portrait" feature is kind of useless...

Mar 22nd 2013 new

Until the other day, I hadn't paid much attention to that paragraph either. I just happened to read it to see if it mentioned any way to change the matching criteria. Unfortunately, no such luck. I agree with you that the match portrait feature seems pretty useless with the way it works right now.

Mar 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Christy-661564 said: I just happened to read it to see if it mentioned any way to change the matching criteria. Unfo...
(Quote) Christy-661564 said:

I just happened to read it to see if it mentioned any way to change the matching criteria. Unfortunately, no such luck. I agree with you that the match portrait feature seems pretty useless with the way it works right now.

--hide--

It would be nice to be able to change the matching criteria, wouldn't it? Oh well, maybe someday CM will combine the two somehow and make the matches useful.

Welcome to the forums, by the way, Christy! wave There are a bunch of good 30-something guys here at CM. Good luck and God Bless!

Mar 22nd 2013 new

I wish I understood what these "criteria" are. I've only twice (in two months) gotten any results off this feature, and, like Steve, those few didn't exactly fit my search criteria.

Posts 1 - 10 of 21