Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

My 15 year old daughter leaves this Sunday for 5 day school trip as a member of the Student Council to visit various sites in Washington, DC.
Please pray for a safe and enjoyable journey for her and her friends.

Where would YOU make a special effort to visit if you had the opportunity to pay a visit to out nation's capital?

My eldest daughter and her family are hitting the road this weekend, too...off to sunny Florida for spring vacation. Vaya con Dios, my loves!

p.s. That's OK, girls. Don't worry about leaving old mom all alone for a weeksadI've got my greenhouses full of flowers to care for! rose laughing

03/22/2013 new

1. US Capitol building. I believe you have to get tickets from your congressman, but if they are a school group, I hope that's taken care of.
2. The mall. All the monuments are beautiful.
3. Museum of Natural History.
4. Air & Space Museum.
5. If time permits, the Spy Museum is a blast for teens and adults!
6. National Portrait Gallery.

Sadly, there's never enough time in DC!

03/22/2013 new

Thanks for the tips, Marge. I wish I could go, too....maybe next time.

03/22/2013 new

I live in the outer 'burbs of DC. Some of my favorite destinations are:

1. The Freer and Sackler Galleries, the Asian Art museums on the opposite side of the mall from the National History Museum. Btw, anyone going to DC by metro, skip the crowds at the Smithsonian metro station and use either the L'Enfant Plaza, Archives, or Federal Triangle stops.

2. Dumbarton Oaks--small museum specializing in Byzantine art and some Pre-Columbian stuff too. If it's a nice day, check out the gardens.

3. The National Shrine, of course, is not too far away from the Franciscan Monastery which is worth a visit, but in between the two is an icon and book store that is awesome. The store supports a nearby Eastern Catholic monastery.

03/23/2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: 1. US Capitol building. I believe you have to get tickets from your congressman, but if they are ...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

1. US Capitol building. I believe you have to get tickets from your congressman, but if they are a school group, I hope that's taken care of.
2. The mall. All the monuments are beautiful.
3. Museum of Natural History.
4. Air & Space Museum.
5. If time permits, the Spy Museum is a blast for teens and adults!
6. National Portrait Gallery.

Sadly, there's never enough time in DC!

--hide--
Hey Marge, don't forget Arlington National Cemetery !

03/23/2013 new

(Quote) Steve-650539 said: I live in the outer 'burbs of DC. Some of my favorite destinations are: 1. The Freer a...
(Quote) Steve-650539 said:

I live in the outer 'burbs of DC. Some of my favorite destinations are:

1. The Freer and Sackler Galleries, the Asian Art museums on the opposite side of the mall from the National History Museum. Btw, anyone going to DC by metro, skip the crowds at the Smithsonian metro station and use either the L'Enfant Plaza, Archives, or Federal Triangle stops.

2. Dumbarton Oaks--small museum specializing in Byzantine art and some Pre-Columbian stuff too. If it's a nice day, check out the gardens.

3. The National Shrine, of course, is not too far away from the Franciscan Monastery which is worth a visit, but in between the two is an icon and book store that is awesome. The store supports a nearby Eastern Catholic monastery.

--hide--
Happy Birthday Steve !! Happy Birthday! Praying

03/24/2013 new

Thanks, Steve. Sounds great. Wish I could go with the kids...but with a new Winter Storm Warning issued, I wonder if they'll even make it out of Indiana this morning!

03/24/2013 new

yes. Bernie. Arlington National Cemetery is on their 'list'!

03/24/2013 new

(Quote) Bernie-645443 said: Happy Birthday Steve !!
(Quote) Bernie-645443 said:

Happy Birthday Steve !!

--hide--

Thanks Bernie!

03/24/2013 new

Praying Praying Praying

Posts 1 - 10 of 12