Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 23rd 2013 new
[quote] HI Hannah. Sorry took so long to respond. Thanks for your post. Interesting enough I was at mass the other day and the priest was speaking of this very subject. Maybe the same day you posted this! He talkedcabout God not "saving" us from the human experience but rather being with us as we fully experience it ("good" and "bad"). I felt lik e I was really "getting" it after hearing that th e other day. Blessings to all.
Mar 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Susan-940526 said: (Quote) HI Hannah. Sorry took so long to respond. Thanks for your post. Interesting enough I was at mass...
(Quote) Susan-940526 said: [quote] HI Hannah. Sorry took so long to respond. Thanks for your post. Interesting enough I was at mass the other day and the priest was speaking of this very subject. Maybe the same day you posted this! He talkedcabout God not "saving" us from the human experience but rather being with us as we fully experience it ("good" and "bad"). I felt lik e I was really "getting" it after hearing that th e other day. Blessings to all.
--hide--

That's wonderful! I, too, feel like I'm finally getting it. Blessings to you, too!

Mar 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Justin-32820 said: Renee, sorry if I hit a nerve with you and I'm not claiming to be an expert...
(Quote) Justin-32820 said:

Renee, sorry if I hit a nerve with you and I'm not claiming to be an expert on home schooling culture. I'm well aware that home schooling has grown over the years. But some of your comments got me curious so I googled it and according to this Catholic homeschooling website http://www.homeschoolingcatholic.com about 5 % of home schooled students are Catholic. Now, I don't know how good those numbers are, but are likely pretty close.

--hide--

The numbers are still off becuase they're only stating those enrolled in full Catholic programs. This site is also leaning towards the traditional and may purposly not count curriculims run by catholic insitutions that regularly accept Protestants. The problem with that is the popularity of curriculims has diminished signifigantly, as protestant books are no longer anti-Catholic as they were in the 90's. I'd say the numbers of Catholic homeschoolers per homeschooling are much higher...perhaps 20%...and when you're taking millions of kids, it's quite signfigant. Many Catholics take advantatge of free online school material and don't bother shelling out $300-$1500 a year for someone to plan their books and such.

Mar 26th 2013 new

No, Peter, that is not the entirety of my argument. I've half a binder full of articles on the subject too from various new articles, polls, professional journals, and the like. Back when I was a student, it formed a large body of our studies ethics, the worth of man, his origin, etc. I'm not saying that evolution has been disproved...on the contrary, it seems likely that God may have directed evolution for the purpose of creating new species, but that is another discussion in and of itself.

Posts 71 - 74 of 74