Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

I am sitting here and it is cold and gray and gloomy outside, but lying next to me is my 3 and a half month old grandson Aiden. He is so beautiful, happy, content, interactive and smiling those great huge baby smiles that are so pure and true and making sweet cooing noises and giggles, and I am struck at what an incredibly beautiful gift it is to spend this icky moment in his company.

I try to seek something beautiful in every day and be thankful for that spot of beauty in a rather stark and harsh world sometimes. I try to get my kiddos to do the same.

So what are some of the things you have unexpectedly encountered in a rough or ugly day that reminded you of the beauty of God's world, made you smile or stop for a moment in awe of its beauty and be thankful for the experience??

Not sure this is the right forum for the question but figured it was a good place to start :-). Lauren

Mar 23rd 2013 new

A video of my nephew's daughter learning to say " Happy ! ".

Mar 23rd 2013 new

My day's just barely started, but I love this thread already :-) Yesterday was a pretty hard day for me overall, it was gray, gloomy, humid, disgusting, and nothing seemed to go right from start to finish.

But as I was driving my students around to Panama City for our weekly college class, the sun broke through the clouds and streamed down onto the road in front of me illuminating everything. It reminded me of God and I thanked him for the day even though it seemed to be difficult at the time.

Then on my way home I stopped at St. Margaret of Scotland's fish fry and the smile that greeted me from the lady in charge just made me smile as well.

As for something beautiful I saw today... nothing much has inspired me by it's beauty, but I got to talk with my mom on the phone and that's a pretty big deal because she hasn't had a phone in months so I've not been able to talk with her in about as long, unless we're face to face of course... but yeah, thanks for starting this! biggrin

Mar 23rd 2013 new

Hi Lauren,

I am sure that your boy must be sooo much fun. I dont get to see infants in my clinic as often, but when they come I spend few extra
minutes and play:-)
I get happy and thank God for seeing little things in nature all the time. Two days ago, I was driving to the clinic and saw this boy duck with green head sitting on the edge of the median between 2 stripes of road. Just like that. He would not move. Then, I saw my first patient and as they were leaving, I asked:"Which way are you driving home ? Dad and the boy stared at me and obviously did not understand. Then I said something about me seeing a duck, but I really wanted to say st like: There is this gorgeous duck sitting in the middle of the road...go and look at him !

Anyway, I get happy when I see cats on the side of the road or in the windows since I like them and I dont have one. I have to remind myself,
I should be careful and watch the road more.

And, I just found out there is a woodpecker with red head that comes to get some bird food on my porch. I was amazed, because woodpecke back in Slovakia are super timid.

Mar 23rd 2013 new
Great topic Lauren! My son has been having a tough week and has not been a happy camper. When I woke up at 6:30, I heard him making a few noises (Neill is 25 and handicapped and acts like a 18 month old and non-verbal) and I was saying my prayers and asked God to please let Neill be happy today. We just returned from K Mart as it is gloomy here today and I wanted him to get in some walking. We were at the register and he was smiling and laughing and tapping out a tune on his leg and the man behind me was smiling at Neill. You can't help but get caught up in the infectious laughter of children and I was grateful to have my prayer answered. That was beautiful in my eyes. It never ceases to amaze me that God can hear my requests among all the others, like he has ears for my voice only. Eileen.
Mar 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: I am sitting here and it is cold and gray and gloomy outside, but lying next to me is my 3 and a...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

I am sitting here and it is cold and gray and gloomy outside, but lying next to me is my 3 and a half month old grandson Aiden. He is so beautiful, happy, content, interactive and smiling those great huge baby smiles that are so pure and true and making sweet cooing noises and giggles, and I am struck at what an incredibly beautiful gift it is to spend this icky moment in his company.

I try to seek something beautiful in every day and be thankful for that spot of beauty in a rather stark and harsh world sometimes. I try to get my kiddos to do the same.

So what are some of the things you have unexpectedly encountered in a rough or ugly day that reminded you of the beauty of God's world, made you smile or stop for a moment in awe of its beauty and be thankful for the experience??

Not sure this is the right forum for the question but figured it was a good place to start :-). Lauren

--hide--

I went to morning Mass, and there was one little girl there who was so reverent. Her family brought up the gifts. She looked so sweet!

In the adoration chapel, there were beautiful flowers (probably from a funeral within the week), and their fragrance filled the chapel.

Mar 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: I am sitting here and it is cold and gray and gloomy outside, but lying next to me is my 3 and a...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

--hide--

My Opus Dei sisters. heart I got to spend the morning with some of the most beautiful women I know and my infinitely beautiful God. Truly stunning and I never tire of it. By God's grace I hope that I never do. biggrin Somewhere on cloud nine right now.

Mar 23rd 2013 new
My cats when they sleep. I wonder why God made such beautiful creatures. My birds that sing every morning so I can uncover them. Thank God for the animals in my life. I love them.
Mar 23rd 2013 new

Um... your question is very beautiful! I love this thread!

Nothing out of the ordinary today, just the usual beauty of the friendships of my roommates, the flowers on the table, the semi-sunny day, a warm, cozy fireplace, a Saturday morning with nothing to do except relax...

Mar 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Carmen-920965 said: My cats when they sleep. I wonder why God made such beautiful creatures.
(Quote) Carmen-920965 said: My cats when they sleep. I wonder why God made such beautiful creatures.
--hide--

Cats are exquisitely beautiful creatures! I like best to watch them move. My beautiful Nubian goats always cheer me up. And the beautiful Ohio farm country that surrounds me. My nieces and nephews who help keep me young...

Posts 1 - 10 of 79