Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

So you think that you have met someone who might possibly be a candidate for " THE ONE" lovestruck! What next???? boggled

As single and prudent Catholics we know (or should know) that this is where the hard work begins. The discernment process and the process of determining compatibility. eyepopping What are some of the things you feel are essential to ask your significant other before talk or thoughts of marriage begin?

I just want to be prepared in case it happens to me. I did check out some websites but many of them are not geared specifically to Catholic marriage so I thought to ask the CM crowd and also hopefully compile a helpful list of things for all of us. It is so important in our single life and in our transition to our vocation and or discernment of it, to use wisdom. Let us share some important questions that all Catholic Singles should have in their back pocket just in case that special someone sneaks up on them. wink

+JMJ+

+AMDG+

theheart

Mar 23rd 2013 new

embarassed mutually agree to Honestly get All the dirty laundry out on the table First ! embarassed See how well you build up on it to build each other up ! biggrin Either you work to talk about the issues, or not. sad If so ,and both can still stand each other , then BLESSED are YOY BOTH !!! rosary heart lovestruck! Soon or later they will come out! That way you can acess My first decernment,...Honesty ! Just my 2 cents ! Happy Venturing !

Mar 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: So you think that you have met someone who might possibly be a candidate for " THE ONE"...
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

So you think that you have met someone who might possibly be a candidate for " THE ONE" What next????

As single and prudent Catholics we know (or should know) that this is where the hard work begins. The discernment process and the process of determining compatibility. What are some of the things you feel are essential to ask your significant other before talk or thoughts of marriage begin?

I just want to be prepared in case it happens to me. I did check out some websites but many of them are not geared specifically to Catholic marriage so I thought to ask the CM crowd and also hopefully compile a helpful list of things for all of us. It is so important in our single life and in our transition to our vocation and or discernment of it, to use wisdom. Let us share some important questions that all Catholic Singles should have in their back pocket just in case that special someone sneaks up on them.

+JMJ+

+AMDG+

--hide--

"do You want to be Married" laughing laughing laughing faint

Mar 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Mark-947606 said: mutually agree to Honestly get All the dirty laundry out on the table First ! See how well you bui...
(Quote) Mark-947606 said:

mutually agree to Honestly get All the dirty laundry out on the table First ! See how well you build up on it to build each other up ! Either you work to talk about the issues, or not. If so ,and both can still stand each other , then BLESSED are YOY BOTH !!! Soon or later they will come out! That way you can acess My first decernment,...Honesty ! Just my 2 cents ! Happy Venturing !

--hide--

HI Mark,, welcome to the CM Forums. biggrin hug Praying

Mar 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Dave-146273 said: HI Mark,, welcome to the CM Forums.
(Quote) Dave-146273 said:

HI Mark,, welcome to the CM Forums.

--hide--
Thanks Dave !

Mar 23rd 2013 new

waveMark! welcome to the forums!

Mar 23rd 2013 new

I guess that I will start

1) What does ideal family life for you look like?

2) What do you do for fun?

3) What was your childhood like

4) Tell me about your past relationships

5) What does your average day look like

6) What roles do you see you see you and or your wife taking

7) What is the most bothersome thing for you in the opposite sex

8) What kind of music do you like

9) What do you need in terms of personal space

10) How do you like your home to look

11) How would you describe your spirituality

Just a few discussion starters

Mar 23rd 2013 new

12) Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

13) What do you value most in life

14) If you daughter was marrying you what would be your caution

15) How do you prefer to communicate

16) How do you handle disagreements or conflict

17) What do you think of the concepts of each spouse is a servant to each other and what does that mean to you

18) How do you like your spouse to dress

19) What is your body care routine like in terms of exercise, eating habits and grooming

20) What is you attitude towards divorce and or marital conflict

Mar 23rd 2013 new

Welcome Mark wave

How do you handle finances

How is your relationship with your mother/parents.

Although I think you could probably figure those things out sooner during a casual conversation. scratchchin cloud

Mar 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: I guess that I will start 1) What does ideal family life for you look like? 2) What...
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

I guess that I will start

1) What does ideal family life for you look like?

2) What do you do for fun?

3) What was your childhood like

4) Tell me about your past relationships

5) What does your average day look like

6) What roles do you see you see you and or your wife taking

7) What is the most bothersome thing for you in the opposite sex

8) What kind of music do you like

9) What do you need in terms of personal space

10) How do you like your home to look

11) How would you describe your spirituality

Just a few discussion starters

--hide--

Hi Shara all great questions but in regards to their spirituality - I want to know

1) What are your beliefs when it comes to the Catholic Faith?

2) If you are not 7/7, why aren't you, what in your life has caused you to believe differently? I have known some great man who were not 7/7 but yet were more respectful of a woman's belief than those who proclaim they are. Many times by looking at why they are not, one can get a bigger picture as to their home life, their personality, etc. Are they respectful of your views in this area? This will show you how respectful they are in all their dealings in your marriage.

3) As happened in more than open budding relationship on CM, do you follow Pope Francis or do you follow the traditional church. If so, do you feel that you are able to come to a meeting in the middle and be open.

The questions are extremely important, a great many of them can be answered and shows a side to one's personality as to where they stand with Church's teachings and how respectuflly they are regarding them. In my father's generation WWII, many did not believe in God yet there was respect for one's belief in God and that there was something greater than themselves. Out of this repsect, they treated other's with respect. I find in today's day and age, if you do not believe how I believe, you are incorrect and even more there is no respect for the other person's reasoning as to how they arrived at their answers. Therefore this lack of respect, seems to be how they live their lives and dealings with others. Hence, will they make a good marraige partner?

There is a big difference between spirituality and living one' Catholic Faith.

Posts 1 - 10 of 62