Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

All the matches I recieve are from the US. I am not interested in a long-distance relationship. I always have to click on "no" because all the matches this site sends me are not anywhere near where I live.

Mar 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Anita-582960 said: All the matches I recieve are from the US. I am not interested in a long-distance relationship. ...
(Quote) Anita-582960 said:

All the matches I recieve are from the US. I am not interested in a long-distance relationship. I always have to click on "no" because all the matches this site sends me are not anywhere near where I live.

--hide--

Hi Anita, and welcome. You can also use the "Search" feature located in the Blue Menu bar on top of your screen. Just click on New Search and you can set your own search parameters. Hope this helps. Good luck. Praying smile

Mar 24th 2013 new

Here is why the matches do not match your preferences.

www.catholicmatch.com

Mar 24th 2013 new

This may be pessimistic, but i have learned not to rely on the CM matching feature as there are few people that are really a match. The few that did match have not been on CM for "over three weeks") (likely much longer) or there was very little communication with them.

I hope CM improves this feature, as psychological profile matching seems to discount many other important factors like values (more important in my opinion), age range and geographical proximity. It's nice to know someone over 1000 miles (and over $1000 flight money) matches in that respect, and I wish them all God's blessings, but really they may no be the one I am looking for.

Mar 24th 2013 new

Hi Anita, wave

Welcome to the forums!

As the others have mentioned, there are two different kinds of matches - the matches that are sent to us based on how we filled out the match portrait, and matches that we can look at based on search parameters that we can set based on location, faith practices, and so on.

I have been on the site for a while, and I have to agree that the match portrait system is not as useful to me as setting my own search parameters. CM admin tried something to new with the match portrait, and it has a few advantages, like you actually have to click on somebody's profile and look at the whole thing. However, I find the other way more helpful. I also enjoy the forums - it much like meeting people in a virtual gathering place.

If you're here for any length of time, you will notice that there are way more American CM members than Canadian ones. If you're not looking for a long-distance relationship, I'm not sure how many members you'll find in the Kitchener-Waterloo area. If you widen a bit to include London, Windsor and Toronto, you may find more potential matches. Also, this is strictly a Catholic site, so it has less traffic than some other sites. That's a blessing in my view, anyway.

Mar 24th 2013 new
All the ladies who might not think I am crazy live in the Midwest, and I'm not in a position to move to the Midwest. If only there were a school in New York that produced sensible ladies. I just ignore the match feature; it's of no value to me.
Mar 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Anita-582960 said: All the matches I recieve are from the US. I am not interested in a long-distance relationship. I...
(Quote) Anita-582960 said:

--hide--
Hey, Anita -- whatsa matter? Don't you like your neighbors to the south? laughing

Just kidding of course. First of all -- WELCOME to the CM forums. We hope you will join in often and check out the various topics that appear.

As for a real answer to your question, you'll have to rely upon the technical knowledge of the CM staff or moderators to adequately answer your question. I think for awhile, matches seemed to disregard the distance factor but I thought that was rectified.

Mar 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Andrew-290721 said: All the ladies who might not think I am crazy live in the Midwest, and I'm not in a position to mov...
(Quote) Andrew-290721 said: All the ladies who might not think I am crazy live in the Midwest, and I'm not in a position to move to the Midwest. If only there were a school in New York that produced sensible ladies. I just ignore the match feature; it's of no value to me.
--hide--
Ouch, Andrew -- you've just insulted all of the good ladies who live in the New York area. There are and have been several on CM who are fine Catholic ladies with pleasing personalities. If it weren't for the distance factor being such a problem, I would certainly like to meet as many of them as possible. My conclusion is that there are school in New York that "produced" (to use your term) "sensible ladies". Give 'em a chance.

Ya just gotta look, Andrew.

Mar 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Andrew-290721 said: All the ladies who might not think I am crazy live in the Midwest, and I'm not in a position to mov...
(Quote) Andrew-290721 said: All the ladies who might not think I am crazy live in the Midwest, and I'm not in a position to move to the Midwest. If only there were a school in New York that produced sensible ladies. I just ignore the match feature; it's of no value to me.
--hide--

Andrew, Its that funny dry sense of humor that the midwester girls like!

Mar 25th 2013 new

Yes. I've already tried that before I posted here and I am still getting only people from the US coming up in the profiles they send me via email.

Posts 1 - 10 of 11