Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Hello Everyone:

Just wanted to see what everyone's favorite childhood film is, and why? For me it has to be The Neverending Story made 1984. The way in which it was presented and crafted was top-notched. Its meaning was clear, that even in the most dire of circumstances, reading and courage pervails above all else. The characters compliemented each other very well, and that it was a wholesome film. Anyways, like to hear your input on this.

Mar 24th 2013 new

Welcome William wave

Great post. For me it was Our Lady of Fatima...beautifully done and wonderfully influential. And has stuck with me my entire life. I would live for Easter besides the obvious..just to watch that movie! faint Dove rose heartbeat

Mar 24th 2013 new
(Quote) William-888220 said: Hello Everyone: Just wanted to see what everyone's favorite childhood film is, and why? F...
(Quote) William-888220 said:

Hello Everyone:

Just wanted to see what everyone's favorite childhood film is, and why? For me it has to be The Neverending Story made 1984. The way in which it was presented and crafted was top-notched. Its meaning was clear, that even in the most dire of circumstances, reading and courage pervails above all else. The characters compliemented each other very well, and that it was a wholesome film. Anyways, like to hear your input on this.

--hide--
Welcome to the Entertainment threads. Very nice first post!

My life is proof as to the permanent significant influence film can have on children. I do believe the desires of my heart were already planted there by God and the mode through which I became cognizant of what I was meant to do was initially triggered by two magnificent films.

The first one is spiritual..."The Song of Bernadette". The movie acted as a catalyst which ignited a special lifelong love and devotion to Our Lady. That film is anointed! www.youtube.com

The second one, "The Miracle Worker", ignited my awareness of strong desires and abilities to pursue two varying, yet complementary, academic degrees...undergraduate studies in special education...with the ultimate goal to study my favorite speciality....the science of sound at the graduate degree level. www.youtube.com

What a gift from God the producers, writers, actors, and all involved in the production of these two films bestowed on their viewers! They certainly effected more lives than anyone could possibly imagine.
Mar 25th 2013 new

(Quote) William-888220 said: Hello Everyone: Just wanted to see what everyone's favorite childhood film is, and w...
(Quote) William-888220 said:

Hello Everyone:

--hide--

Paris Blues

Mar 25th 2013 new

The Wizard of Oz

Mar 25th 2013 new

For influential, I would have to say Star Wars.

I've been a science fiction fan for about as long as I can remember, and can probably trace it back to seeing Star Wars on its original theatrical release, when I was 6 years old. It probably also explains at least in part why I had an interest in astronomy when I was young, and may have led me toward an interest in the sciences in general, culminating in my degree in electrical engineering.

Aug 24th 2013 new
The Red Shoes
Aug 24th 2013 new
Dead Poet's Society!
Aug 25th 2013 new
The Sound of Music helped me see a number of things. Even nuns are not perfect but they are still lovable. While God calls us all to holies tgst doesn't make holiness all serious and profound. I also learned singing can help solve your problems. Most importantly I picked up that it is better to do what is hard and right rather than follow a false love if give into fear even of death.
Aug 25th 2013 new
"Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer" I learned to let my light shine and that all the really fascinating characters in life are part of Misfit Island too. biggrin
Posts 1 - 10 of 13