Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

abcnews.go.com

If anyone sees these paintings, perhaps hanging in a Restaurant or in a friend's house, it would
be good to report their where abouts.

Maybe then the rest of us can enjoy them too.

Mar 23rd 2013 new

It took me a while, but I did an exhaustive inventory of all the paintings hanging on my walls. Unfortunately, I am sad to report that none of these fine paintings was among them. laughing

This reminds me of complaints that are sometimes made of the Catholic Church and the Vatican. If only they would sell some of their artwork, they could feed many poor people. Two problems with that.... 1) The money would be spent and some people would be fed. Then the artwork would be gone and the people would soon be hungry again. 2) The artwork at the Vatican is mostly available for ALL to see. If the artwork were sold for money, then it would likely end up in private hands where it would likely hardly ever be seen by the general public.

Ed

Mar 24th 2013 new

(Quote) ED-20630 said: It took me a while, but I did an exhaustive inventory of all the paintings hanging on my walls. Unfor...
(Quote) ED-20630 said:

It took me a while, but I did an exhaustive inventory of all the paintings hanging on my walls. Unfortunately, I am sad to report that none of these fine paintings was among them.

This reminds me of complaints that are sometimes made of the Catholic Church and the Vatican. If only they would sell some of their artwork, they could feed many poor people. Two problems with that.... 1) The money would be spent and some people would be fed. Then the artwork would be gone and the people would soon be hungry again. 2) The artwork at the Vatican is mostly available for ALL to see. If the artwork were sold for money, then it would likely end up in private hands where it would likely hardly ever be seen by the general public.

Ed

--hide--

I am not for the Catholic Church selling its inventories either.

Well, Ed, if you happen to be out to a lunch meeting, check the walls at the restaurant too. These paintings may be
hanging in plain sight.

Mar 24th 2013 new

I was listening to a report of this theft a few days ago. One of the investigators said that historically when fine art (such as this) is stolen, it generally does not travel far from the location where it was stolen.... Probably to reduce the chances that it would be discovered during transport. My guess is that it is hidden away somewhere, not on display. The main concern of the people responsible for these paintings was that they (the paintings) were probably not being stored in the correct environment (e.g. temperature, humidity, etc.) to preserve them appropriately.

Ed

Mar 24th 2013 new

(Quote) ED-20630 said: I was listening to a report of this theft a few days ago. One of the investigators said that historic...
(Quote) ED-20630 said:

I was listening to a report of this theft a few days ago. One of the investigators said that historically when fine art (such as this) is stolen, it generally does not travel far from the location where it was stolen.... Probably to reduce the chances that it would be discovered during transport. My guess is that it is hidden away somewhere, not on display. The main concern of the people responsible for these paintings was that they (the paintings) were probably n ot being stored in the correct environment (e.g. temperature, humidity, etc.) to preserve them appropriately.

Ed

--hide--

Yes, I heard that also. I also heard that they looked through a bunch of suspects' houses to see if they were stored
there, but no luck. So, we have to keep looking. I bet there is a big reward for them.

I also heard that the men who did the robbing could not sell the pictures on the market. They could use them, though,
as barter in case they get into trouble with the law. That makes a lot of sense for them.

Posts 1 - 5 of 5